BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday...August 5th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Monday...August 5th, 2013 Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS, A little before six, but I have been up and down all nite long. So finally I decided to just stay up, say Hello to you girls and then pay some bills. Maybe by then the sun will be up and I'll start getting ready for my doctors appt. Jim changed the bandage on my foot last nite and said that it was looking better, so the Pick-Line with the Anti-biotic in it must be helping.

I can't remember if I told you girls or not but Tiffany has left Mat and her and the kids have moved i with us. Jim totally re-did the Family room so they have their own little place. Anyway Mat and Tiffany are sharing custody of the Children and this week is her week. She went out to get them yesterday and then we all went to Cracker Barrel for supper. Has anyone ever tried there standing Sunday Special of Buttermilk Fried Chicken? It is to die for, but I was totally disappointed in it last nite and just so happens the Manager was going around asking people how their meal was, I mentioned the Chicken and he said he would check into it.

On the Menu for dinner tonite is Beef-A-Roni....Yum! Just so happens that Tiff nor the kids like it. Oh well I guess it'll be a take care of yourself kinda nites for them.

I still haven't got a chance to read through all the posts I've missed, but I do remember reading that.....

*** TANGO, you are Cancer Free! I am so Happy for you and know that the Power of Pray will see us all through our darkest time.

***PATTI, Hopefully the last couple Chemos that Nick has will be the end of them for him and his Testing will come back clear. I almost cried when I read where he had lost so much weight that you hardly recognize him. But keep in mind that he too will be getting well and then you can have fun cooking for him again! You Both are in my thoughts and prayers.

**MARTHA, What kinda surgery are you having?

**VICKI, How are you doing since we last talked? You have also been in my thoughts and prayers.

***CHRIS, it's good to see you posting again. Missed you.

***PATTICAKE, you as well. Maybe some of the Old group will start Migrating Back! Hey you mentioned that you got a new laptop....I so need a new computer. This computer is so slow and I can have a whole paragraph typed before it even thinks about typing the words.

**ANN, Hey girl, still working those long hours? Did you and Jim get to go swimming the other day?

**PAT, How you doing since your Heart attach? I hear you are doing extremely well. I guess a good recovery depends on how good of shape you were in to begin with, doesn't it?

Well I hope I haven't forgot anyone. I need to get this morning started. Hope everyone enjoys their Beautiful day that God has given us! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Debbie, glad to see you are feeling better,
Yes I love this new laptop, is an HP Envy model, It has a touchscreen and you can zoom in to make the screen larger and scroll through the pages. It is pretty fast too.
I have an appointment at the dentist this morning at 8:00 so can't stay on long. I am getting fitted for my permanent denture today.
I hope everyone had a good day. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning!!

Yes Debbie that's what they told me!!! I cried!!! I have to go to the oncologist here on Friday not looking forward to getting stuck with needles again Sad I have an appointment this morning for a blood pressure check.

I too need a new laptop, my back light went out so using an external monitoro at least it's still working.

Hope all have a great day!!!

Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn - Hey, if they remove your bb, at least you'll be in good company. Can't remember if it was for the same reason, but Alfred Hitchcock ended up with no belly button too. Dang, guess that means I'll have to return that diamond belly button ring I picked up for you for Christmas! Wink

Debbie - Soooooo relieved to see you back. Was worried after your not posting, then seeing on FB that you were back in the hospital, but no updates after that!

Fan - Have to say, the thought of a box of manti totally grossed me out! How do they preserve the filling? I could see if it was a frozen version, but boxed lamb??? Ewww And yes, it was a pain in the but making all those little canoes - they're usually open on top.

Vicki - Funny that you mentioned apricots. I don't know why, but that keeps popping into my head lately - why Armenia so closely relates itself to the pomegranate, when the apricot is supposedly from Armenia? Even the name translates to Armenian Plum. Odd.

OK, I had a semi-epic fail yesterday with a resulting laugh today. Me and/or my sister need to bake some cheesecakes for an event in September, and one suggested was peanut butter. I decided to experiment yesterday, and wanted to try using something different for the crust. I usually do the traditional graham cracker crust, or a ginger or lemon snap crust, sometimes a chocolate cookie crust. I wanted to do chocolate with the peanut butter, but in order to be "different," I decided to try using a coco puffs style cereal ... didn't work so well. Also, the filling turned out soooooooooooo creamy, it was like eating ice cream. That was a first! To make it worse, you know how you mix sugar and sour cream to glaze the top sometimes? Well, I figured that honey goes nicely with peanut butter, so I used honey instead of sugar, but it apparently separated - you can see puddles of color here and there that make it look like a dry spot on a hunk of cheese not wrapped well. Sad

So the funny part about the cheesecake is that I am going to the house tonight for dinner and to watch the bachelorette finale, so my sister IMs me earlier and tells me not to have a big lunch because we're having dessert. Yup, you guessed it ... peanut butter cheesecake!! LOL I guess it's a good thing mine didn't turn out well, because I was going to bring it over with me. Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing start of the week Very Happy

Chris, it wasn't frozen but dried. I just had to try it. Sorry your experiment didn't work out, but as for the lost honey I can assure you this little fellow was working hard today to make up for it Laughing . I'll tell him to step up a bit tomorrow.

Tango, I hope your check comes out okay today. My blood pressure already goes up while I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting and waiting for my turn Rolling Eyes .
Wow Grammadot, mouthy fashion is kicking in or is my imagination running loose? It sure does sound promising "getting fitted" . Good luck
Debbie, glad to hear the pic-line is doing something. Enjoy the Beef-A-Roni tonight with Jim and try to be a very little nice to the doctors Wink .
I feel like going outside and sit down in the rain. It has been another hot day and now the wind has died it's muggy. But I have high hopes for a much cooler day tomorrow.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: