BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend August 17th&18th 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Weekend August 17th&18th 2013 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a brilliant weekend Very Happy.

I've had a real fun morning taking pics of kids and snakes at the local campers club. The group we were seeing off was to go on Horror camp, so their camping staff was dressed appropriately Wink

And our contribution was to bring in the snakes and take the horror factor to a higher level.

Then all the kids, demons, witches and other creepy staff members were loaded into a bus for departure.

Leaving us behind with their parents and our snakes.
Luckily the weather was comfortably warm for the snakes, so they weren't overactive and frightening the kids. Many of them wanted to feel what snakeskin was like.
I'm probably going to spend the rest of my Saturday in laziness. The new IKEA catalog has arrived, need to find out about the latest interior design trends for this year Wink TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

What a busy morning. Before all the farmers' arrived, I was at the Farmer's Market bright and early. I only picked up what I needed or planned to freeze... cantaloupe, peaches, summer squash, and zucchini. Too early for all the farmers to be there. Smile

Now, a couple loaves of zucchini bread are in the oven... grandma's recipe!! This week I was ALLOWED TO BAKE!

Cleaning, sorting, etc... are on the agenda now.

Fan - What a fun morning!! I like all the costumes. Did you bring several types of snakes? Smile

We should get an IKEA catalog. The stores are 3-1/2 hours either east or west. Do you buy anything from them? My daughter really likes IKEA, but we haven't gone to one of their stores.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

My day started off ok, gave Leo his morning hugs & kisses while I was still in bed. Could hear Willow, so rolled over and was looking at her. She poked me in the left eye with a wicked right hook. Ended up going to the ER to have it checked, was bloody looking. Broke blood vessels and have a small scratch to the side of the cornea (in the white part). Hurts like heck. They gave me an ointment to put on it 4 times a day. Need to see the eye doctor in 2 to 3 days to make sure it's healing properly and then to my regular doc in 5 days. Rolling Eyes What a dumb accident. And we were only playing too.

Ugh.

Fan - cute pics...the close-up of the snake is wonderful -- sharp & clear.

Vicki - do you still do a lot of freeze-drying?

Have errands to do today.
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Ann-Marie, sounds like you had a lucky escape. Hopefully the pain will disappear quickly. We took a boa and a King's python over there. All went fine, but later in the afternoon when we got home and wanted to feed them and the other snakes they were the ones that didn't want to eat. Probably they were stressed out by the unusual experience.
Vicki, you must have been there at sunrise Laughing What time does the market start? Ours start somewhere between 7 and 8 am.
I don't buy IKEA things very often, only the smaller items. Sometimes kitchen gear, a shoe rack or other racks, small side table and decorative stuff . As for the bigger pieces of furniture I rarely find something of my liking. But they do have a lot of fun stuff and neat furniture for kids and teens. And they are not very expensive.

知人者智,自知者明
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, how's your eye today? Has it improved a little?
My day started rainy this morning, had to wait quite some time before I could hang out a batch of laundry. Luckily the wind picked up nicely, so it was dry within four hours time. Did some bills in the meantime and made my self some Tikka Masala as dinner for lunch.

And it'll be lunch for dinner tonight, so that leaves me without having to do the dishes Wink.
Not much going on here today, so I might try and focus on some decluttering.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. We are back from another wonderful beach vacation. Bad weather headed for the beach made it not so sad to leave. Rain was expected for the rest of the week. We only had one rainy day while we were there and we found plenty to take up the whole day and night so it wasn't a wasted day.
The waves were pretty wild, but it was calm enough the one day that I got to go out and play in the ocean jumping the waves etc. I feel like I am in heaven when I am out there. There were 23 water attractions to keep Madison content when she wasn't in the ocean.
Hubby and Madison rented a jet ski and went out in the ocean, they loved it but said it was a little scary.
Madison lucked out and was at a store when they were giving free golf lessons for children. Her first drive went over 90 yards. She turned out to be a natural and when they all went golfing together she beat her Dad.
I am having trouble with this laptop, it keeps shutting down. I guess I better post this before I lose it.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - the eye is red today, feels a bit better. Jim keeps putting the ointment in which I am sure is helping keep it lubricated.

PattiT - sounds like you had a wonderful time. Find any sharks teeth???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: