BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TGIFriday 8/30/2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: TGIFriday 8/30/2013 Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have an awesome Friday Very Happy

I'm in the weekend by now and just finished vacuum cleaning the living room. Now I have to think about the next chore, laundry, grocery run, decluttering the fridge and dining table? Haven't decided yet and ended up posting Wink .
Martha, I'm happy to hear you felt good yesterday. Just don't overdo it.
I think I've made my mind up, I'm gonna go for a small grocery run and take the paper trash and empty glass to the recycle bins. TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. First of all the latest news on Debbie, she was leaving the hospital yesterday and they were stopping over night and then continuing on to home today. Tiffany said she would let every one know more when she learns more. She did say that the only thing she is sure of is that they changed around some of her medications.

Yesterday was a long drawn out day for me. My Dr.s appt. ran late as usual, I ended up waiting over an hour just to be called back. They had called and asked me to come in 15 minutes early so I had even more time to sit and wait! Hubby sat in the car all that time waiting for me so I told him that I had never spent that money I won in Atlantic City and I was taking him out to lunch for his patience. That ended up being almost as bad of a wait as the Dr.s office. I really shouldn't have left a tip, but I hate doing that. Then we went and got 5 dozen ears of corn so I could stock up on corn for the freezer. I didn't end up getting the kitchen cleaned up until 8:30 by then I was exhausted.
The worst part of the day, when I went to pick up my prescriptions they said it would be $753.00!!!!! Apparently I am in the "doughnut hole." It was so hard not to cry, the medicine that after trying to stop the diarrhea since 1981 that finally helped me, I will not be able to afford. I will call the Dr.s office later to see if they have samples or an idea of what I can do. I will have to do the same with my eye drops because they are over $700.00 also. I can't believe that the generics cost that much. If anybody has any ideas about what to do, please let me know.
I tell you, I almost did bodily harm to Gary yesterday! Sheryle complains about Michael in the kitchen and I swear I told Gary he was just trying to be stupid! I have a pot of boiling water on the stove, corn all over the counters and the phone rings and it is Nick, I tell Gary, tell him I am busy and I will call him back. What does he do, brings the phone and says he can lay it next to me on the counter and I can talk!! As I was cutting the corn off the cob, it was spritzing every where so I didn't want the phone laying there. Then he tells Nick "I guess your mother doesn't want to talk to you"?! Then I ask him to bring up some butter out of the freezer in the basement since he was going down, yep, he lays it right beside me on the counter! Next he takes the cobs out to put it on the compost pile and he is taking forever to get back in, I think to myself, I just bet he is picking tomatoes for me to take care of. You guessed it, he brings in a huge bag of tomatoes and lays them on the counter!! To top it off he asks me "Why are you so cranky?" MEN!!
I guess I have bored you all enough. I will let you know if I hear anything more about Debbie.
**Martha, what wonderful news. I hope you didn't have any trouble after you posted about being able to eat. It is kind of scary, when you eat solid food after any type of surgery like you had.
**Ann, how are you doing?
**Fan, sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy.
I just noticed that while I was typing away you started a post, I will have to figure out how to put this over there.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT, you managed to get your post into my thread Smile. By the sound of it yesterday wasn't your day Shocked . Hopefully everything is a lot better today. Unfortunately I don't know much about the health care possibilities in the States and I'm sorry not being able to help with any suggestions. Please, say hello from me to Nick when you give him a call.
I'm glad Debbie was allowed to leave the hospital, I just hope she didn't leave too soon and that they have instructed Jim and Tiffany properly about taking care of her.
Martha, you inspired me today with your story about solid food. I made my self a minced meat and onion pie for dinner Laughing

And as of today I have a new record concerning views on my Flickr account. A staggering 3530 views today Shocked Cool Cool Very Happy and I have still a few hours to go before midnight.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
I'm still feeling pretty good. It's so wonderful to be sleeping through the night. Before, the cramps would make me get up 4-5 times and sit up in the living room until they subsided..... glad that phase is over!! We are even going to try going out to dinner tonight... at the Elk's Club for roast chicken dinner.

I'm kind of surprised they released Debbie already! She sure didn't sound ready to come home. I'm sure she's dying to be home again though! Hope you're feeling better, Deb.

Fan - your minced meat & onion pie looks yummy. Have you posted the recipe? Looks like something I might like. Enjoy the weekend... been to the new restaurant yet?

Pattit - You made me laugh with your story about Gary. Men really ARE from Mars!! Their brains just don't work like ours do.... poor things. Your kitchen sounds like an unending conveyor belt of canning projects!!!! I wish I could come and help you.

Ann - How are you? Any plans for the weekend?

Hi to anybody else who drops in........ Happy Long Weekend!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: