BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday, 9/19/2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Thursday, 9/19/2013 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

I decided to be happy today Wink . Got up over half an hour before the alarmclock, plenty of time to trot around and observe a house moval on the way to the office,

had dry weather on the way and now by 10am I already succeeded in finding some very hard to locate data in our old archives with the help of several cups of coffee. On top of that the sun has come out and it reallly looks like a nice quiet Autumn day. Wish you all a similar bright start and TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

Fan - looks like we are the two early risers this morning. Smile I know I asked before but I can't remember...how many hours are you ahead of us?

Headed into work shortly. We should be down to 15 critters and I think possibly two are to go home.

Not much new since yesterday. Hoping the weather stays nice for a few more days but I read we are to get rain tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, I think I'm living 6 hours ahead of you Wink It'll be close to 6am in Erie and I'm close to noon right now. Have fun at work.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this on my Facebook page and will post it for Debbie:
GOOD MORNING GIRLS.....I don't know how I got here, it sure wasn't because I figured out my Password that I forgot or even that I was assigned a new one through my E-Mail either, I have a feeling I snuck in the Backdoor somehow. It still has me wondering too, as I'd actually like to have a password, ya know? Anyway I thought I'd take advantage of being here and say a quick Hello to my Friends and tell ya that I missed you ALL!.

Alot has been going on with me and I won't go into too much detail, except I spent all but one week of August in the hospital. The last 3 were to close for comfort and I actually got scared of the going in back to back and never quite getting stronger or better. The lung doc here and my Family doc suggested that I have a Permanent Trac placed and Jim and I were totally against that, figuring something more could be done Before that drastic measurment. So off by Resue Squad to Cleveland Clinic about 4 hrs away to get a 2nd opinion. This is supposed to be listed as the number one hospital in the country. I can only imagine what the bill for the squad and a week hospital stay there is going to cost.Anyway it was worth it as I had a TEAM of Lung and Heart Doctors taking care of me and also and Nutritionlist. They all said that my condition was Manageable and by one problem that aggervates my condition is my weight....hence the Nutritionalist. So Jim and I Both are on a Life-Style chage, checking labels as we shop, figuring out how we can make some recipes we like more healthy , buying more fresh fruits and veggies and less chips and crackers and ice cream and absolutely NO POP! I was very impressed with with all the staff at the hospital, from the doctors, to the Nurses, to the Patient Assistants, right down to the People that brought up your food trays. Everyone ALWAYS had a smile on there face and they were all very Professional. So now all I have to do is keep myself out of the hospital and I'll be fine!

My foot on the other hand is NOT doing good.The wound is actually getting deeper again. Last Wednesday the doctor said they were going to order a Vacumn for it and it fits right over the wound and pulls everything to the surface.How long do I have to wear this I ask...until it heals completely. Why didn't we do this way back in Febuary, I ask, because it was too deep and big then. I guess I'll learn more about how it works when it gets put on me, but NO WALKING ON THE FOOT AT ALL! Plus tubing runs up my leg to my waist and hoos to a Battery pack on my waist. Not gonna like this at all! I was supposed to have it put on this morning but the office called and had to re-schedule me because there was only one nurse there, everyone else off sick!

Tiffany and the kids moved out and got their own APT. She said they are getting along well and the kids don't fight with each other. JIm still picks them up at school and when they get here I start them on their homework and help them if they need it.Sometimes they eat dinner here and sometimes not. Blake and Avayah are doing well in school and Cody is struggling with Math. Of course that is the subject that Myself and his Mom neither one liked too. Luckly for us Jim can understand this new math and can help Cody. The poor boy's Penmanship is not good at all, sometimes he can't even read it. He says the teacher ruches the class to hurry up and get finished, so I ask him what was the reason it was messy here at the house. We are going to practice on that too.

I so in love with these Beautiful days we've been having! Temps in the low to mid 70's and no rain! I wish I could walk some I'd like to take the kids to a Pumpkin Farm and walk the maze with them. I think I'll call the farm today and see if it's Battery Chair Friendly! Our city is also having our Harvest Moon Festible. Big huge craft show, you can only put your craft in if it has been approved by the Committy ...Jim and I used to enter our crafts in it for a few years, made some good money in a couple days!

I'm so far behind in reading you all posts, I'll never get caught up. Did I miss anything exciting, important or any sickness? Let me know a quick run down if I did. **FAN, I did see where you have had to take MYLO to the Vet. Hope he is doing better. Did they ever find out what was making him sick?

Well I guess I'll close for now, Sure did miss everyone! Wishing you ALL an AWESOME day! HUGS! *******************************I have tried again to get a new Password issued to my E-Mail, even tried to contact Babette, but it wouldn't clear me to do that, even through FB! Most everyone is here anyway, I might not even worry about it. It's wearing my mind out...LOL! Doing anything fun today? I was supposed to get the Wound Vacuum put on my foot this morning BUT the office called and re-scheduled it for next week as there was only one nurse working today, everyone else called off sick! Glad I didn't go, might have caught the bug! Well better close for now, take it easy on yourself today! I'll be thinking about you! Tell Nick I have included him in my Prayers when I say one for you. HUGS!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pattit- Thanks for the update on Debbie. I do talk to her every now and then on FB too. I hope she can get some help with that foot and get back on here soon.
Ann- you keep busy with those critters don't you? I know how much you like animals. It is calling for little rain here tomorrow I think. I hope it is nice though.
We have to drive to Krys's tomorrow with the wedding cake. I have to put it in the back of the truck in a box. I am not going to put it together until I get there, but we only have the small 2 seater truck to drive up there. I have a large cooler and box to carry them in. The wedding is Saturday evening. Luckily we don't have to get the baby until Sunday after the wedding. Her mother is going t be able to take him until then. Just can't keep him full time. I hope I am ready to handle a baby 24/7!!! It has been a long time since I had to keep one for very long. I am getting too old for that!!
Fan- You are up early aren't you? You always take such interesting pictures.
Well I had better get off of here. Probably be sunday or Monday before I get back on. Going to be very busy this weekend.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, thanks for forwarding Debbie's story to us. Glad she sneaked in.
Debbie, glad you were able to tell us your story and how you are doing now. I'm really happy you went for that 2nd opinion. Just keep up the good work with the nutritionalist, changing to a healthier food pattern will help both of you. Remember, I'll support you mentally and keep on praying for ya. And don't leave us for FB. Really hate to see you go.
Grammadot, I'm always 6 hours earlier than you Wink. My office day starts usually between 7.30 to 8am, so I'd better be early. Gotta be even earlier tomorrow, I need to catch the 6.15am train down to the deep south for a meeting at 10.30am. Good luck with the cake and have fun at the wedding. And about the baby, I know you'll just be doing fine. Have some faith in your experience.
I called the vet this afternoon for Myo's blood test results. Nothing wrong, no thyroid problems or anything else. It looks that Myo simply refuses to eat her kidney diet food. So the vet told me to skip the diet more or less and mix it with regular food. It's more important that she does eat than not. She asked me to try it out for two weeks and report back to her after that.

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fan, I know I will be ok, I did raise 4 of my own, It's just been so long ago that I had to keep one for an extended period of time. Usually I can just give them back when they start to cry. LOL That is why grandkids are such fun!!! LOL.
Well my younger dd, Jessica and her dh may be moving to Atlanta GA, K=Marc is there right now in an interview with this company that wants him to go to work for him. He will be making $70000 a yr. Big difference from what he makes now. Plus he is still finishing up his last year of college. Jessica said that he has a pretty good chance of getting it. I really wouldn't want to live in Atlanta, Been there before just driving through, but I hated it.
They live in our other house so that means we will need to sell it or rent it out, but I think we will most likely try to sell it. We really don't want the hassle of trying to rent it. I hope it goes pretty fast.
I had better get off of here and get back to work. Need to get all of our stuff ready for the weekend. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: