BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Sept. 21st & SUNDAY, Sept. 22nd, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Sept. 21st & SUNDAY, Sept. 22nd, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning,

Was a busy day yesterday...had several little critters show up and we even sent one home. Towards 6 o'clock though my legs were getting a bit weary so I sat down for about 15 mins just to catch my breath and give my legs a rest.

Looks like we are to have a rather rainy weekend which is ok with me, will make me stay indoors to clean. Wink Smile

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Sorry, I didn't make it hear yesterday. Went away too early and came back home far too late for my own good after having enjoyed the goodies and beer from the south Wink . I was pooped after sitting in the train for almost 8 hours to get there and back with 5 hours of work in between. But the city is beautiful and I should go back sometime when the sun shines to take pics of the river, the beautiful buildings and the city's archive.

Today I had to pick up household chores and since the weather is soo good I decided to pick up the big piles of summer clothing before tucking them away for winter. The tees can stay for another while, but the shorts and tops have to go. Need to put up a search for my socks, they seem to have gone somewhere Rolling Eyes
Wanted to post the bills at the bank and run for groceries on the way back. But upon arrival at the bank I noticed I had left my wallet at home Twisted Evil. So I had to go back and set out for a second time. Luckily the weather was good and at least I did my half an hour of moderate intensive exercise on my bike this way.
Ann-Marie, looks like you are getting our rainy weather from last week. Sorry about that, but I really didn't want to keep it here. Laughing .
Chris, Myo has passed the mid-life worries already. She may not want to admit it but she's an old lady now Wink Actually she needs to fatten up.
PattiT, I really wouldn't know what to do in your situation. I suppose it depends on how close you are to DIL. But interfering between two brothers is a dangerous game.
Grammadot, I keep my fingers crossed for Marc. I know it's awful to have them living that far away, but a well paid job is really something to go for in these days.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - sometimes it's just better to listen. I know the mother instinct is to step in and help..but that could make it worse.

Fan - it cooled off quite a bit too with that rain. Had to go around and close the windows. They are saying after today the weather is so be really nice.

Looking forward to next Saturday...it's our TOH meet & greet and we have several people coming from out of state, one girl from TX another from VT. Very Happy Very Happy

Better get around here and see how many critters we have at work.
Take care,
Ann
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a brilliant Sunday Very Happy

My mind is busy with chores and all kinds of other stuff today, while my body is chilling out on the couch most of the time with a cat in my lap. Laughing . The sun was supposed to come out, but so far no trace of her. The temps however did go up considerably and it's still warm enough for shorts and tees. Every window of the house is open and yet it's still warm.
The only thing I've accomplished so far is making dinner for lunch. Cauliflower mountain and potato hills covered with a blue cheese sauce avalanche. Yum.

That'll leave me plenty of time tonight to create a mushroom soup for tomorrow.
Ann-Marie, that sounds like a fun meeting next Saturday. Hopefully the weather keeps up. Have fun with the critters today.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, it is nice and sunny today after a cloudy and rainy day yesterday. Madison had a double header softball game and it was so cloudy but the rain held out until we were all headed for our cars to leave. Madison had two friends come see her and I think it made her nervous, she played terribly, of course staying up until 2 a.m. with a sleepover didn't help much.
Seems like there is always bad with the good, I got a call last night from Tina about Nick, I told her it sounded like kidney stones and they better give the Dr. a call. He ended up having to go to the hospital, they must have let him go about 4 this morning and I am waiting for a call to see how he is. I don't want to wake them up after a long night. They did a CAT scan while he was there at the hospital to make sure nothing else was going on. I am wondering what the people at the hospital thought of his hair. He was involved in a fashion show and as a final thumbing of the nose to his boss, well ex boss, he had his hair dyed in a leopard pattern!! His boss always told him his hair had to be a natural color and he decided that leopards have that color naturally?!
**Ann, it is nice to get cleaning done, but I hope you have time to do something more enjoyable.
**Fan, you are quite the traveler! I actually enjoy train rides, especially now that they have quiet cars. No loud kids, no cell phone talking, music other people can hear etc. I feel safer in a train than by car or bus.
**Chris, I love Meyer lemons and have never seen them around here, I sent away for a case of them once, not sure if that place is still in business. I bet you could come up with a good chicken dish using them.

Gonna get off here and try to get something accomplished. I was up sick a lot last night so now I am very sluggish.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that you had posted Fan, that looks like a delicious meal. I also forgot to say that I used to always want to get to one of those TOH get togethers. With me not driving it wont be possible now. I never get on that site anymore but I still remember some of the regulars.
Have a great day every one.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Nick, 'll keep my fingers crossed for him. But I love the story about the leopard pattern in his hair Laughing. And it probably brightened up the colour scheme in the hospital.
I was allowed to purchase a first class ticket in order to be seated during commuting hours Very Happy . So the car was filled with lap top men and women Laughing trying to get things done before office time. I could have taken some work with me too, but since I often work with confidential files I rather don't take these out of the office.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopping by to let you know that Nick did have a kidney stone, they said it was 6 centimeters ( I hope that was the right measurement) and they gave him pain medicine and said he should be able to pass it. The cat scan only showed the kidney stone so he was able to come home. A big sigh of relief from this Momma.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: