BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Sept. 28th & SUNDAY, Sept. 29th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Sept. 28th & SUNDAY, Sept. 29th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Most everyone is on their way to the TOH get together...except me. Sad Sad I didn't feel comfortable driving there by myself and with this stupid cold, don't want to spread it to everyone there. Was talking to my sister and I had a bad bout of coughing which also made my head hurt. Not pleased, have been looking forward to this for months.

PattiT - hope Nick gets good news!!!!!!!

Later,
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{ann}}} I am so sorry you didn't get to go to that. I know you have been looking forward to it. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
We had a really good time at the wedding and Krys and her friend wrote the song for their first dance, Here is the link to it. The girl singing is the one that helped write it. It is Jimi's vows.
http://youtu.be/HaBm5Gp3j2A
My younger grandson Robby is now a published author, He is having his new book release Oct 15th. It is a science fiction story. He is donating 10% of the profits to St Jude hospital, It is now ready for preorders on Amazon and Barnes and Noble..
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/vagabonds-robert-midgett/1116993173?ean=9780984557196

http://www.amazon.com/Vagabonds-Robert-Midgett/dp/0984557199/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380388169&sr=8-1&keywords=Robert+Midgett
I am still having some problems with my new dentures, the bottom ones rub my gums, even after they adjusted them, I am going to call the dentist again and have them do it again. It costs too much money to just let it go.
We went and bought an old camper yesterday for $600.00 I think I am going to fix it up and use it to store all of my bakery stuff in. It is so unorganized right now I have some upstairs in the extra room, some in the closet on the porch and some in the storage trailer in the back yard. When I need something I have to try to remember where I put it.
I hope you all have a good weekend. I need to go and work on the new toy. LOL.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great weekend Very Happy

Ann-Marie, I'm so sorry to learn you couldn't go today. I really had hoped you were able to go. Just wish you get to feel better real soon.
PattiT, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Nick.
Grammadot, I love the Youtube coverage. Sweet! Smile . Sorry to hear your dentures are still causing problems. Have fun with your new toy Wink
I spent quite a bit of money today. Can you imagine going for a lecture and spending money on second hand books, a kitchen toy and meat? The book are really nice, picture books with reprints of old pics from my grandparents and the villages they lived in. And the weather was really like Spring, romancing at the canal included Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Weather has been nice. In the low to mid 70's. And sunshine!! I've been tidying up the yard, trying to get ready to put the gardens to bed for the winter. I planted 80 daffodil bulbs...they will look pretty in the spring. And I got some bricks that someone had put by the curb to be thrown away. Can you imagine such a thing? So I'm in the process of edging my flower beds with them. My zinnias and black-eyed-susan and sunflowers are all in bloom on the deck! I should take a picture and post it. I haven't done that in so long, I hope I remember how to do it.

I've been doing OK, but I'm still not back to normal since my stomach surgery. I've been keeping a log of what I eat.... but it doesn't seem to follow any pattern. I'm fine until about 7 o'clock at night and then I get cramping that lasts until 4 o'clock in the morning. Now isn't that crazy? Why should the time of day matter more than what I ate or didn't eat???

Ann - Sorry you have a cold. Too bad you missed the TOH gathering. Jim had a cough that I swore was from playing golf in the rain... but it turned out to be bronchitis!! The doctor gave him some antibiotics and he was better in 2-3 days. So keep your eye on it.

Fan - Is it part of your job to travel to all these lectures and things or do you just go on your own because they sound interesting? It sounds like great fun.

Grammadotcom - What a beautiful wedding! Loved the song... the bride & groom look so happy! And now you have an author in the family too! I'm still getting used to my teeth too. I have had them re-lined a few times but they always feel good at first and then after a few weeks... not so good. I am still with the temporary ones. I'm hesitant to get the "real" ones until I'm sure they are right. Generally speaking, I'm still glad I got them, but it sure takes a long time to get used to them and/or get them adjusted right.

Hi to everybody else out there!
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

Feeling a little better today, just so dragged out. Seen my neighbor yesterday and she wanted to know about the cold, she told me that I get too tired from work and then can't fight off anything. I know she's right...have been tired for weeks. Can't seem to get caught up.

Grammadot - you sound like me! "Now, where did I put that??!" Very Happy Our pantry is overflowing with food items and baking/cooking items..we get a rainy day I'll be reorganizing.

Fan - what kind of meat did you pick up and what are you making with it?

Martha - WOW, that's a lot of bulbs!! Shocked Will be pretty to see in the Spring though. We don't have much growing around here, wildflowers mostly that are in bloom. My roses didn't do very well this year. Sad Last year they were gorgeous, bloomed almost right up to Christmas!

Better get around here, need to start laundry.
Later,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in but I need to do some dusting. Gary's brother and sister are coming this morning to pick my up, we are going to lunch and then they are taking me to an orchard to get my favorite apples. They usually go pretty far to different orchards so I hope they like this one. It is nice to have something to do today that is outside of the house. I was starting to feel pretty depressed being cooped up for so long. I think it is a lot worse because I know I should not drive. I used to tell hubby that if I had a vehicle here it was good to know that I could go somewhere if I wanted to. Now it is sad to see a car in the drive way and knowing I can't drive anywhere. Enough about that.
**Ann, I can imagine how upset you are at not being able to join the TOH get together. I hope you get a couple of restful days soon to build your strength up. Be careful, we don't want you getting seriously sick.
**Fan, I am curious to know what kitchen toy you got. How could you not buy those books?? It sounds like quite a find. I am sure it will bring you lots of joy.
**Patti, How exciting is that, your grandsons book being published?? Hmmmm sounds like an expensive closet, ha ha. I am sure you will have it cleaned out and nice and orderly with all your baking things.
**Martha, hubby has been working on our gardens but the vegetable garden is still producing, a LOT. I am so mad we had a squash that we had been keeping our eye on when hubby picked it last night he brought it to the door for me to see the teeth marks where it had been half eaten! He is pretty sure it was a deer.
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling like yourself yet. Could it be that you are doing too much? That is a lot of bulbs to have been planting. Sounds like it is ruining your sleep, that is not good. What does you Dr. think about all this?

I better get a shower before they get here to pick me up!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Martha, Ann, Fan and whoever else decides to pop in today.
I spent a good part of yesterday cleaning on the camper. We are going to take the bathroom out of it, It is right straight across from the kitchen, so it takes a lot of space. Since we aren't going to actually use it to go camping in, I don't need it. I was thinking about using it as a mobile kitchen, but Jim doesn't like how it pulls with our big truck, and our little truck is too little to pull it with.

So we are going to just park it in the yard. We do have a lot across the street that we could put it on, but there isn't water or electricity on it.
Martha, I like how my permanent dentures look, but I need to get use to the feel of them, they are different than my temps..
It looks like it is going to rain today, so I think I am going to go upstairs and round up all of my Fall decorations, I have so much stuff up there it will take me until Halloween to find them all.LOL!!! I really need to have a yard sale, I was thinking about taking it all in the next town for the October fest in the middle of October, but it is the same weekend as Tommy's birthday party [12th] and that night we have a high school reunion. Then on the 15th Robby's book release party is in Nashville, We are making a cake for that, The next weekend I have another wedding cake to do for one of Jessica's friends. My whole October is filled, So I am going to be very busy.
Well I hope you all have a good day. I will talk to you all later.

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Patti you snuck in on me, It is a pretty expensive closet, LOL! I told Jim we should have put that $600 in house repairs, but he wanted to go ahead a buy it. I asked the lady what the bottom dollar was that they would take and she went down from $1000.00 to $750.00 But when we looked at it, Jim offered them $600.00 and they didn't even haggle with us on it. They must have really need the money.
Have fun on your outing, today. It would drive me crazy to not be able to go somewhere when I wanted to. Right now the only thing to drive in our yard is Jim's big dump truck[ which I won't drive] but Jeanna is supposed to be bringing our little truck back soon. They had been using the dump truck at their farm so when we needed it we had to go and get it and leave the little truck over there, cause we were closer to them than home when we bought the camper.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, glad you are feeling slightly better. I picked up dry cured bacon yesterday and some dry cured horse meat. Two thing which are difficult to come by here in the middle of the country. The dry cured bacon I use like you would do with pancetta. Goes beautiful with spaghetti à la carabonara. The horse meat is traditionally eaten between sandwiches.
Martha, sorry to hear the healing process doesn't go as smoothly as it should. Planting 80 daffodil bulbs, that'll look like a sea of yellow next spring. Beautiful. My trips to lectures are mostly private trips and a few of them are for work.
PattiT, glad you get to go out today. Just be careful with the bees and wasps Wink . I got my self a dumpling scoop yesterday.
Grammadot, I agree with PattiT, an expensive but huge closet. It looks almost as big as my living.
My neighbours house is invade by Turkish speaking Bulgarian roof repair men and as a thank you for a bit of cooperation from my side they cleaned my gutter too and are going to repair two broken tiles. Yippieee, that proves how far investing a cup of coffee can go. It'll cost me 5 Euro and it saves me 60.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: