BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, THURSDAY - October 10, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, THURSDAY - October 10, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

This is my first morning home this week, and I'm getting meals made ahead of time. Started at 7am and continue. Spaghetti is the next... two batches in two pans (7 x 11 or 9 x 9-inch). I should also make some soup to tuck into the freezer.

Pat (Qui) - Wow! How nice to see you back!! What a delicious breakfast you prepared!

Tango - You are in my prayers regarding the slow progress and kidney infections.

Fan
- I believe I have all the ingredients for stamppot zuurkool. Do you make your with potatoes, bacon, Dutch sausage, and sauerkraut? OR, do you make it with only vegetables?

Patti (gramma) - What wonderful articles! Seems like you are always a winner at garage sales.

((Ann))
- How are you doing?

Greetings to PattiT, Debbie, Martha, Carolyn, Chris, and anyone I’ve missed.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

Stormy rainy weather for a change, time to go and find sweaters. Tomorrow will be a biking day to an external storage, checking out some left behind archives. Necessary equipment: bike, camera, raincoat and first aid kit against spiders Laughing and I'm counting down to vacation, just another 8 weeks to go.
Vicki, my stamppot comes and goes with what I have at hand. Bacon usually goes in and the sausage with the gravy or other meats at the side. The stamppot itself is most of the time a veggie potato mash. whether the bacon goes in or not is depending on the type of meat at the side or the vegetable in the stamppot.
I made a quick spaghetti too for dinner.

Still undecided what goes in the pot tomorrow Rolling Eyes Soup might be nice, maybe a laksa either with chicken or fish

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaghetti seems to be going around, I am making some with leftover grilled chicken. Dr. Told hubby to stay off red meat for a while. We had made chicken and pork on the grill the other day when we were at James' house trying to help get his house ready to go on the market. We will be busy with that for a while.
It is so nice to see Qui & Tango posting. Qui I am glad you are keeping BakeSpacers updated on Nubbins. Tango, I am still praying for you. I hope the kidney infections clear up soon. I also hope you start posting here more often, both of you.
When I see the types of food you girls cook I feel very boring. I am always learning new things though, thank you for that.
I have been feeling very depressed. With hubby having the diverticulitis again, I decided to pick some tomatoes out of the garden so he didn't have to. I fell in the garden and couldn't get back up. It was so scary, no matter how hard I tried I could not get up. I hollered for Gary for quite awhile but with the windows closed and the air conditioner on he couldn't hear me. It was 85 degrees and there I was out in the garden on all fours for what seemed like forever before he finally came to look for me. I have been very sore since then. I just feel totally useless most times. Enough about that.
Vicki and Fan, it is so interesting hearing the two of you talking about similar foods and traditions.
Ann, you are in my thoughts often, sending you virtual hugs.
Patti congratulations on the accomplishments in your family!
Gotta go for now.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, that's scary. Luckily your hubby did come out in the end. Hopefully the soreness will go quickly. It might be a good idea to have your cell phone with you, when you go out.
The stamppot is something I'm pretty good at, but I feel helpless when I hear you all talking about baking cookies, cupcakes, bananabreads and so on Rolling Eyes. Somehow baking doesn't seem to be my cup of tea, partly because I don't have a sweet tooth.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

Beautiful day, but a little cool. I decided it was a perfect day to mow the lawn since it is supposed to warm up the rest of the week. After I finished that, I took a shower and have sat on my butt in front of this computer ever since!! I really MUST learn to use the riding mower next year! I was so whipped and soaking wet when I finished. It really isn't that I can't operate it... it's just that it makes me so nervous that it takes all the fun out of mowing!! Isn't that silly?

Vicki - You were busy today! Are you freezing meals ahead for some reason or do you do that a lot? Since it's just me most of the time, I freeze leftovers so I have something quick and easy if I need it. Or if Jim knocks on my door hungry (bachelors!!Rolling Eyes)

Fan - Hope you don't get soaked on your ride to the external storage tomorrow. I'm surprised to hear you say you're packing a first aid kit for {{spider bites}} I thought you loved spiders!!! Do you have plans for your vacation in 8 weeks?

Pattit - Sorry to hear your hubby is suffering. My diverticulitis hasn't bothered my lately (knock on wood!!) Since it's getting cooler, make him some different kinds of soup.... that usually goes down pretty well. That must have been scary when you fell in the garden! Shocked I usually get around pretty good for my age, as long as I stay on my feet, but once I'm down... my knees are too weak to get up without help or a railing or something. So don't feel bad. At least you're not alone... who would have thought we'd ever get to this point - right?? My daughter is always nagging me to take my phone when I'm out in the garden... but since I never use my pockets to carry anything... the one time I did take my phone, I came in the house and couldn't wait to throw my dirty jeans in the wash! Oops!

Ann - Thanks for that clip you sent me about jobs going overseas. So true! I forwarded it to a bunch of people. How are you feeling? I think of you often - sinus problems are the worst! Hope you're doing better today.

Hi to everybody else out there.............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: