BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - October 12 & 13, 2013 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - October 12 & 13, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Wow! Can you believe we haven't had a hard freeze in the lower third of Michigan! I was able to find Concord grapes, tomatoes, and zucchini, usually long gone. On the autumn side, brussels sprouts, winter squash, and many other fall varieties are available. I spoke with one farmer and his wife, and this is their last day: Lower Michigan had such a good year that their fields are empty.

So I'm making a week's menu with the items purchased, cleaning, paperwork, miscellaneous housework, and laundry.

What are you doing this weekend?

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - Thank you for sharing the variations of Stampotten. Copying all the variations now. Smile We usually have all the ingredients on hand.

PattiT - I don't know if you will check in today, seeing how busy you are. I hope this weekend goes smoothly.

Ann - What a blessing that you are feeling better! I hope the sinus infection totally flees. AND, we've been spotting spiders, too!

Greetings all who pop in this weekend!

~~Vicki

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a happy weekend to all...

I have not heard from Cameron, Nubbins Grandson...have left 2 messages - tried to call hospital, but she is in the cardiac care unit still...so no info except to family.

Fan...I will guess, from the 'buttermilk' note, that you have found a recipe for ranch dressing... You can use sour cream and a few drops of water or milk mixed with fresh herbs - I actually like it better but don't always have sour cream in the house. You can also use bleu cheese dressing, or just plain milk with some herbs

And to every one else, sure have missed you... so glad to be back

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat (Qui) - Thank you for being able to check on Pat (nubbins). I hope you will get through soon, again. We will continue to keep her in our prayers.

Thank you for hint regarding salad dressing, too.

~~Vicki

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to talk to Pat today - I asked if I could leave a message for her Grandson, and the lady said hold on ... and then she said she had Pat's phone hooked up, and transferred the call....
She is still in cardiac care unit - family only,
is fighting fluid build-up in lungs with Lasix, but lungs show no pneumonia...
she's up and shuffling a bit around the room for first time today - and was exhausted after 4 minute conversation.
But...at least I got to talk to her and make sure she was OK...or as OK as is possible under the circumstances...

I swear, there has to be a better way to meet eligible doctors...

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great afternoon Very Happy

Qui, thanks for the update on Nubbins, I'll be praying for her and her loved ones. Gonna try the ranch dressing tomorrow Wink
Vicki, I made the cauliflower potato one for dinner and mixed the fried minced meat through the mash with a bit of blue cheese. But there are even more variations than the 10 I listed. A typically one for autumn is the one with apples and pork called "hete bliksem"

Ann-Marie, I'm happy to hear you are feeling a bit better. How's today going?
Today was the first day we had coffee in the pet shop, it was too chilly to sit outside. I guess the cold is kicking in from now. And I have to dry the laundry inside, because of the rain. Tomorrow probably will be spent indoors too because of the rain.

知人者智,自知者明
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

It's raining cats and dogs today and no sign of the sun, even at 11am it's still dark. Might as well follow Myo's example and go back to bed. Especially after a fulfilling breakfast à la Qui Very Happy

Nothing planned for today, it's all about bills, laundry, decluttering and a bit of cooking. Unless it stops raining before dark, I'll stay inside.

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning ladies. I have another busy day. Tommy' s birthday party is at 2:00 so I have get going. It is a 2 hr drive. Robby was featured on the front page of a newspaper for his book.
Here is the link. They said that he is a prodigy.
http://www.mtjulietnews.com/article/news/194676
We bought a little concession trailer at an auction yesterday and another camper. Our yard is staring to look like a trailer park.LOL. I am planning on using the little concession trailer next spring and summer and go to flea markets and festivals to sell my cupcakes.
I had better get going. I will try to do some personals later.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a happy Sunday to all...

Vicki - Don't forget to enhance all those chores with some fun

Patti - I sent the book info to Ann and Shelby...congrats from both - Shelby still talks about "the best burger she ever ate"

Fan - hope you enjoyed those eggs - they looked very good - lots of parsley MMMMMmmmmm

and now for your next leftovers experiment - some kinda wonderful...
mix 4-6 cups mashed potato with 2 C creamed spinach (or roasted Brussels sprouts) (or other roasted veggies) and 1-2 C grated cheese (pepperjack anyone) -- serve as is - or put under broiler and brown top - or make into patties, dust lightly with seasoned flour and fry in a pat of butter

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui- aww thanks. that is awesome. I hope she ya'll like the book.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: