BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Oct. 19th & SUNDAY, Oct. 20th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Oct. 19th & SUNDAY, Oct. 20th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Looks like we are in for more rain today so our getaway day will be things to do indoors. Was thinking of going to a museum or something, haven't figured out where yet.

Fan - no rock wall climbing for me...I don't think my legs could handle it, they are sore, achy and tired from working 8 to 12 hrs at work. We might just end up puttering around Erie for a while then come home and relax.

Not much news today.

Take care,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Yesterday was filled with errands. Then last night, I made Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes (four loaves)... not a wise idea since it must be made within 5 days. I will probably make a Pletzel, sandwich buns, raisin bread, and ??? One will be made today. Next time the main recipe will be cut in half.

Ann - Enjoy your trip to the museum or wherever else you decide.

Fan - What a blessing that you have room to dry laundry indoors.

Greetings to everyone who stops in!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann - have a wonderful doing whatever day

Vicki - how about parmesan peppercorn?...makes great sandwiches

Laundry on the list today, plus 1 errand to run - slow day

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, Vicki and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Ann-Marie, sorry to hear the rain is ruining your weekend off.
Vicki, pretty ambitious Wink. Four loaves.
I was up early this morning, but obviously too early and far from bright Laughing Got my laundry started, had a bit of water, crushed down on the couch and woke up two hours later Laughing . I did hang out the laundry, since the weather didn't look too bad. We even had coffee outside and after that I decided to walk over to the market for lunch.
Over there I found a recent new phenomena in street food. I think quite a few of you might crave for it; crepe with banana and Nutella.

I opted for savory and chose a Vietnamese springroll with chili sauce.

And I wasn't the only one.

Came home with an appetite for coffee. Now I have to get the laundry in. It's still not completely dry, but I can see the rain clouds coming in and the wind has fallen. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon everyone,

We went to Kinko's to drop off our unit cookbook then stopped by someone's house that knits blankets for all the little critters. We came home and we both ended up crashing and sleeping for a little while. Made pizza and have been watching Westerns most of the day. Had a really nice morning but has been raining since about noon or 1. I'm so exhausted, don't feel like doing much of anything...kind of glad for a rainy afternoon. Smile

Fan - that looks tasty!

Pat/Qui - did laundry when I came home yesterday, finished it up this morning.

Vicki - how's the weather up your way? Heard on the weather channel that we are to get some windy weather Mon & Tue.

Hope everyone has a great evening,
Ann

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Since I didn't get out and about yesterday to take some outdoor pictures thought I would share a couple of the kitties that I have taken in the past few days:

Would like to say it looks like it's clearing up but they are saying 80% chance of rain/t-storms today. That's ok, have lots to keep me busy inside plus want to make sure I have all the stuff to make those ginger cookies.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have an awesome Sunday Very Happy

I had to get up early this morning because of the opening of a "new" supermarket close to the one I usually go. I needed eggs and they have an instant coffee in their stock I can't resist, selling it for half price today. So I had to go and wanted to be early because of the eggs.
Everybody else wanted to be early too, cause the place was crowded and a parking spot for my orange bike wasn't easy to find. Turned out that the first 250 customers would get a bouquet and that if you would spend over 15 Euros in groceries a cookbook for free as well. Two things I completely overlooked and forgot to read in the flyer. Anyway flowers and a cookbook for free is not a bad score for getting up early on Sunday, I suppose.
Ann-Marie, you should have come with me running groceries, cause the cookbook does have some very easy and nice recipes. We could have scored two cookbooks Wink
Sorry you didn't get to go out yesterday, but I do love the cat pics. Willow looks a bit grumpy to me, Leo is posing and the outdoor cat, Toes I suppose, is playing cool cat. Great pics.
How did the ginger cookies turn out?
Didn't do much for the rest of the day, took care of some bills and made a short walk. The autumn colours are really everywhere by now and so are the ladybirds.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger is the middle orange/white cat, Toes is on the bottom, he's a softer orange than Tiger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: