BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, October 24th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, October 24th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Have the furnace cranked up, it was chilly when I got up. It's showing 36º and rainy...better than snow!!

We have 14 or 15 critters, but one went home and another was down to be observed so hopefully they didn't have to keep the little critter.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends!

Oooh! Snow is only an hour away, but usually does not come in from the lakeshore until it is colder inland.

My brain freeze yesterday let to Karl picking up a Costco chicken. The rest of the chicken will be made into three or four meals. Tonight we will have spaghetti made it four individual dishes. Two will be saved for tomorrow evening.

PattiT - What did you do with your chicken? You mentioned cold... we have pulled out the humidifier.

Fan -Your dinner sounds delicious, plus we usually have all the ingredients on hand. This is another idea that I will copy. Thank you!

Qui - Yes, you definitely had a productive day. Thank you for keeping us up to date with Nubbins.

Ann - Furnace on. Good for you. We have only one little heater that we take from room to room. Karl hopes to make it until November, BUT we have grandchildren here one day next week.

Greetings to everyone!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, Vicki and everybody else, have a great day Very Happy

Weather wise with 64F I'm still a happy trooper, but for the rest I'd rather forget all about it. I managed to get fined by the police for riding my bike without light Twisted Evil before 7am. What a start of the day, 7am and already having lost 70 dollars. Then work turned out to slow and tedious with correcting texts and that made the day last for ever. But on the bright side when I got home it was still warm enough to have dinner outside and my online ordered new jeans had arrived Very Happy So I have high hopes for tomorrow, since I will not ride my bike and I'm off in the afternoon.
Qui, thanks for the update. I really hope she gets in here soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Vicki, not a bad idea picking up chicken Smile . Keep the snow away, will you. I'm still in a summer state of mind.
Ann-Marie, stay warm and dry. Wish I could send you some of our weather.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, oh! A fine for riding your bike without a light. Really, I wish the police would catch more people here to prevent major injuries or death.

Ann - Guess what... we turned the heat on! No chance we were going to make it to November. Sad

Fan - Definitely no snow here. However, my daughter sent me a picture of just over an inch of snow! A couple weeks ago I was willing to share the brilliant, sunny days we were enjoying. Would you be willing to share yours? Smile

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - hope your fine wasn't too expensive. Sad But at least they are trying to keep you safe. Have seen lots of people in the dark riding bikes (no lights) and people jogging (no flashlights) and people out walking with their dogs (nothing reflective)...and they tend to run/walk out in front of you and expect you to see them in the dark.

Vicki - I wouldn't be able to sit here without the heat on, I would be wrapped up in a big comforter to keep warm! For some reason this house tends to be on the cool side (good for summer!).

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

I've been under the weather lately. Between my teeth and my stomach, I've been just taking it easy. The good news is... I lost 30 lbs with all this going on!
Don't worry, I still have plenty left. It's at the point that my clothes are getting too big, so I did venture out to buy some new shirts. I need new jeans too (or else I need some belts!!)

I've discovered that when I'm not hungry, I don't feel like cooking either. So poor Jim is suffering from lack of home cooking. But I am performing my duties as "baker" for the Elks Club. For tomorrow's desserts, I made a Pumpkin Roll and a Blueberry Chiffon Pie. I like to keep it interesting.

I won't even mention the weather!! Except to say it's 38°F and raining!! Mad

Congratulations Babs! That's great news!

Fan - Sorry you got busted!! There goes your squeeky clean record!! They'll be watching you now!

Ann - Loved the kitty pictures! The outdoor kitties are both orange? They're all so pretty! Smile

Vicki - I have had my heat on for awhile. I figure that's my only vice!!

Grammadot - What a cute little boy! His name is Caliber?? That's different... but I think I like it!

Qui - Gingerbread Peeps??? OMG! I must find some! ( I heard a rumor that they put something in the Peeps now so that they won't get stale. Tell me it isn't so! Shocked That's my favorite way to eat them.)

Well....... hi to everyone else! Stay warm and have a good weekend.
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan – was the policeman cute at least?...you could always say you only did it to meet the nice officer… the weather here is going to be cold – supposed to go to 35-40’ tonight – that usually means somewhere around 4 AM – but we will have sunshine tomorrow…so I will that gladly.

Ann knows that I am a fan of her pics…even when I have been MIA, she keeps my spirits up … and I thank you, Ann

Grammadot – I won’t get to N’vl for Thanksgiving this year…maybe in the spring…Caliber sure is a cutie…have fun with him

Martha – congrats on the missing ###’s - maybe one day you'll wake up and decide you must have soup – and the cooking will begin again. Peeps - check with Walgreens for them – You may have to convince them to get a box out early, as they are not supposed to be on the shelf till after Halloween…BTW - they are still very soft – first of the season. But if you punch a hole in the package and put them in the fridge, they do get chewier…same as always. I haven’t tried leaving some out on the counter…right now, they wouldn’t last…

AND…a new Waffle House just opened about 10 minutes from home – Can I get a HURRAY!!! Cheese N Eggs, crispy bacon, raisin toast, apple butter, waffle, grits, hash browns, coffee…and they have a $1.00 menu.

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: