BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - October 26 & 27, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - October 26 & 27, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Do you have items around your house that you haven't used for years? I have three cast iron corn stick pans for cornbread. One will be used tonight. (Should have written down my plans for the remainder of the meal.) Smile

And, this weekend is busy, BUT I have temporarily forgot the schedule. Very Happy

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vicki, I have lots of things taking up room in my house that haven't been used lately, but don't really want to get of them, I should but can't get them organized enough.
We have had a busy week. We went to Krys's house after Jim's apt on Tuesday, and she met us for lunch before hand, so she took Caliber with her, which was good. We were at the VA hospital for a few hours, I was so glad that we didn't have to take him there too. Then Wednesday night Krys, Jessica and I went to the Michael Buble' concert, It was a lot of fun, but cost way too much. Jessica ordered the tickets online from Ticketmaster, but somehow got redirected to some other site, that was a scam. So our tickets weren't real, but we didn't know it until we went to the concert. They cost us $360. for 3 tickets which we are trying to get back but I doubt if we will. They had us in a crappy section [that wasn't even open that night] after changing our tickets to a cheaper seat than what we paid for. And the lady at the ticket counter said they may san and we can use them or they might not. We would have to take a chance after standing in line for who knows how long. so we just bought new tickets. I am so mad about that, but since we got the tickets in July it was too late for the bank to do anything about.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151753559613207&set=vb.520743206&type=3&theater

Robby was in the newspaper again about his book. I am so proud of him.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what, my dinner menu is set. Chicken pot pie mostly made on the stove: chicken, broccoli, celery, onions, turnips with mashed potatoes on top (no crust). I'll put it in the oven only to have the mashed potatoes brown.

Patti (gramma) - Wow! That was a terrible story about your tickets to that concert.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing evening Very Happy

Grammadot, I really hope you did get to enjoy the concert despite of being framed.
Vicki, that's a perfect way to deal with a cramped schedule Very Happy
I forgot about my schedule as well today, due to the railway company Twisted Evil I was forced to go with their schedule and they had planned all kinds of maintenance on my track up north. Took me 4 hours to my destination instead of slightly less than the usual 3 hours. Luckily I could get a hike on the way back, saving me an hour.
Had a walk through the town to last weekend's disaster spot. A big fire destroyed Mata Hari's birth house and four other 18th century buildings, so I took a few pics there. On my way to my favourite butcher I ran straight into the arms of my aunt and uncle, whom I hadn't seen for almost two years. They were heading for the Frisian Museum, so we had a quick chat in the street, before each going our own ways.
My lecture was quite interesting, an introduction to a new database of medieval memorial paintings and art. Can't wait checking that one out.
Food wise I've been suffering today, apart from sandwiches and coffee and a small taste of red cabbage and beef stew at the butcher's I only bought food, but didn't get to eat any. Sad
I'll put on some pics tomorrow, for now I'm gonna go horizontal. I'm almost falling to pieces. See you all tomorrow.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Well, found out some more bad news about the old car...it needs more work than we can afford. So I guess we'll be looking into buying one. Not pleased with the garage that fixed it last week for $1200!!! The garage yesterday told Jim that our garage should have seen all the problems and told us. Not pleased at all. We trusted this garage to keep us safe --- sadly, will be finding a new garage for future work on our cars.

While down at my sister's yesterday it spit snow just before we left, then late last night it thundered up here!! The weather is trying to transition from Summer/Fall to Winter.

Have no idea what the critter count is, texted one of my coworkers to find out and didn't hear nothing last night, she must have been busy.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, sorry to hear the repairs on your old car are that expensive. It looks like you have been framed by your old garage. Hopefully you can find a more reliable one in your area. No snow here yet, but we are having a real fall storm with severe gusts of wind.
Daylight savings time is over since last night and I was supposed to sleep in due to that, but off course my biological clock didn't get the idea. Rolling Eyes I was sipping coffee by 7am and had to wait till 8am before the bakery opened.
Yesterday I promised you some pics of my trip up north. The first one is slightly dramatic. It pictures the statue of Leeuwarden's famous double spy Mata Hari from WWI in front of her birth place that burnt down a week ago. In all 5 mansions were extinguished by the fire causing the death of a 24 year old student, and another 10 mansion are heavily damaged.

The one below is the biggest "shop" in town Laughing . It goes by the name of "the Cathedral" or "the Chocolate Cathedral" and sells macarons, chocolate, bonbons and icecream.

It's really lavishly decorated and built in the 19th century.

My favourite butcher was serving lunch for free Wink ,

red cabbage and potato mash topped with beef stew.

Just enough to make me hungry for more Laughing .
Talking about lunch, my stomach is yelling for it. TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: