BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, 6 November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Wednesday, 6 November Reply with quote

Happy Wednesday to all...

Today is a run around day...Dr. appointment at 11, Hair at 4 and Legion at 6.

groceries, post office and Target in between everything...

I can see part of the list moving into Thursday...lol

Fan - the egg dish is just a base recipe - poached eggs...
you can put anything you like in the cup... start with a nob of butter - then add stuff (sometimes you'll want to pre-cook the add-ins) -- some minced ham and 10-12 frozen peas OR 4-6 very thin slices of seedless cucumber OR lox, capers and onion OR shrimp OR crab meat OR hash OR roast beef with hot peppers..... and when the eggs are cooked, you serve them on bread, potatoes, grits, polenta, etc.

Marsha, It's so good to have you in our kitchen. have a good bake day.

Everyone - stay safe, stay dry, have fun, be warm and feel well...

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qui and everybody else, have a smashing day Very Happy

My day actually rocks, it hasn't rained yet. But by the looks of it, it may come down any minute Laughing and I may have to swim back home from the office. Need to make a small detour to the vet's and pick up some diet cat food.
Qui, thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a go probably this weekend. Good luck with your long list of things to do. Luckily my list is becoming shorter by now.
Ann-Marie, have fun today with the critters and don't forget to tell them you are going on vacation Wink
PattiT, hope you are going to see more sunshine than I do today. Smile
Gotta go back to my projectplan. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Ahhhhhh...vacation. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Fan - all the critters were crying when I left yesterday!! LOL!! Wink

Pat/Qui - what a nice write-up, loved reading it. Gave me the warm fuzzies knowing that people are still helping people, no matter who, what or where. Read awful things in the newspaper or see stuff on the news/TV.

Marsha - you come often you'll see all kinds of recipes. Have you checked out the monthly recipe thread, Vicki is good about starting one at the beginning of each month.

Jim and I walked down the street this morning over to the railroad tracks, watched a gorgeous sunrise...loved the colors. Took a few pictures.

Not going to plan my days much, want it to be spontaneous and fun while I am off. Really needed the break from work...just needed a break, period. Going to call a couple of friends, we are to get together while I am on vacation since we normally don't get to see each other much because of the way we all work.

Later,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning girls. A lot of my day will be spent on the computer, I need to download pictures from my camera and then get them processed and sent our way. Unfortunately we have hundreds and it will take forever to get them fixed before they are made into pictures. I hope we have some good ones.
I also will be making chili today, we love chili and if we have leftovers I am going to freeze some and take it along when we get together with our friends for vacation.
Have laundry going, it is very convenient to have the machine I have, but our clothes come out pretty wrinkled since it has a pretty small drum. I might have to actually pull out the ironing board and iron. Crying or Very sad
**Pat, some of those ideas for the eggs sound really good! You certainly have a busy day ahead of you. Hope all is well with you, concerning the Dr.s visit. I loved seeing what you have been up to. Certainly worthwhile endeavors.
**Fan, we had nice sunshine this morning, I think it is to last the day. Son is upset he can't get his 5 mile run in, he has to work at his second job. I hope the rain holds off for you, or comes at convenient times when you don't have to be out in it.
How has Myo been doing?
**Ann, your vacation is this week and next week will be our vacation. I hope we both have decent weather. I know what you mean about the news, it is just heartbreaking most times. I am amazed at how people can do the things they do.
I love sunrise and sunset photos, nice way to start off your vacation. The friends we are vacationing with love to just see what we feel like doing, day by day. My favorite way to vacation! Makes it much more fun.

Have a great day everyone, and hello to all who check in later.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, I had a lucky break. It was only raining a little bit when I took the bike to the vet's. Myo is actually doing great and I might try to get her to eat some dry cat nibble with the vet's consent Very Happy . Yuck ironing, I hate that.
Ann-Marie, sounds like you and Jim are having a blast. Have fun today.
Made my self a quick and easy pasta dish for dinner. Penne with blue cheese stroganoff and green beans.

知人者智,自知者明
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's me again...the list for the day is shot

Hair appointment was changed till tomorrow -

Dr. appt. kept - and P.O. done...that's where the list took a turn...

I must go back to the week before Halloween ...my ex (of 40 yrs) called to ask if I would make him 15 fruit cakes. I had to say no because my KitchenAid died a few years ago (it was over 30 yrs old) and I never replaced it. ... well, after he told me how foolish that was, and apologized for telling me how foolish it was and ...etc ...I told him I would send him the recipe. He says...he doesn't own a stand mixer either...
He called last week to make nice and said to watch the mail...he sent an anniversary present...

Today there was a huge Kitchen Aid box waiting for me...so...I had to bring it home and look at it...it's a 5 QT, tilt head silver metallic and beautiful. I may not leave the house again until I am out of baking supplies.

How upset do you think he was when I called to thank him and remind him that the cakes must be baked no later than 8 weeks before Christmas...
The poor guy said he remembered, but wanted to make sure I had it for next years cakes - just be sure to call him to see how many he will want.
Now that's a deal I can live with. He did request ginger cookies if I make them...I just may comply.

Fan - Pasta looks good - Do you have a recipe for blue cheese stroganoff? sounds yummy.

Ann - enjoy your vacation... take lots of pics...they will brighten the cold wet days of winter...

Pattit - chili - laundry - sounds like a good day to read a book while the chili simmers away, scenting the air with anticipation and the plop-plop-plop of the clothed tumbling in the dryer drones on.

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Pat,I totally understand about your plans being changed. WOW what a nice surprise. I couldn't imagine being without mine. The chili has been simmering away for hours now and smells delicious. I make my chili as close to my MIL's as I can get it without having her recipe, her children all say I make it just like their mother. She does some unusual things with her chili, she puts mushrooms, cloves and I always use beef cubes. When we were at the store the clerk said "Oooh you must be making chili, homemade." I told her I had used a mix ONCE and there was a major uproar, I won't try that again ha ha.
The last load of laundry just came out of the dryer. I am caught up, for a little while at least.
**Fan, if I liked bleu cheese that looks good, I am sure it could be made without bleu cheese. The green beans sure make it look pretty. I am so relieved to hear that Myo is doing well.

Took me hours and hours to download and then upload all the pictures, find the best deal and then place the order. There must be an easier way!
I printed out directions to the house we rented in the Poconos for vacation. I am starting to get really excited. I think the shots that I got have helped relieve some of the pain so I might be able to do at least a little bit of walking etc.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: