BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, November 7th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, November 7th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We've had rain since about 5:30 - 6 yesterday afternoon. Sure brought down the leaves, hope we get a day of nice weather so Jim can go out and mow them, mulch them up for the year. They are talking about "s" word today and tomorrow mixed in with the rain. Eeeeew!! Confused

Here is a coupe of pictures I took of the sunrise from yesterday:

...and the weatherman did put it on last night. Smile

Going to run around the stores today, see what kind of bargains I can find. Very Happy

Pat/nubs - hope you are healing quickly so you can come back soon.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day,
Ann

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann - Did you forget to order the weather for your vacation? ... or was cold and rainy what you were going for?... it does make for some interesting pictures... I have faith that you will find beauty to surprise us with regardless of the weather.

it's a bit cloudy this AM - not sure what it wants to do today...maybe rain, maybe sun...

looks like a laundry sorta day... I have a new grocery list...have to feed the KitchenAid... and I don't feel like doing anything...very tired today...maybe back to bed for an hour or so will help.

In the meantime, Hi to everyone, be well, stay safe, have fun and giggle... lots ...

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ladies, I have been MIA lately. We have been up to Jessica's for a few days. Her in laws have a Guy Fawkes day every year,with a bonfire party. [They are British] I don't know the history of it exactly, but they burn a dummy of him in effigy. We took the babies out trick or treating before it, because of the storming they changed it to Saturday night. I had Caliber in a Tigger costume, but he wouldn't keep the hat on. He was so cute though. Tommy was a Pikachu character from Pokémon, and John was Scooby Doo.
They were all cute.
Then we went to the party. Jessica ad I helped with getting the food ready. made some pumpkin spice cupcakes, they all disappeared pretty fast.
Sunday Jessica and I went to do some shopping and got a few good deals. Monday Jim and I headed to Krys's house and took Caliber there. Jim had a dr's appt on Tuesday at the VA for a checkup on his heart. everything looked good. But I was sick and got Krys to go with him and I stayed at her house with Caliber. I went to the dr on Monday because I had a sinus infection and am having problems with my foot from I chipped a bone in it 2 yrs ago. The dr put me on cortisone and antibiotics but they made me sick to my stomach and I was throwing up and had diarrhea from it. So we ended up staying until yesterday.
we left Caliber with Krys for a couple of weeks. Give us a break. He is a good baby, but still is a job to take care of him since I haven't had to take care of one full time in years. Krys is used to it, and needs to get in the habit again anyway since she is going to be a grandma next summer.
We went to Publix and got some good deals before we came home. I spent $94.00 and saved $85.00 with coupons and BOGOs
Ann- Beautiful pictures as always. I need to go out and take some pictures out here. Our yard is completely covered in leaves, So I guess we will be outside racking leaves today, since it isn't raining.
Qu- have fun with that new KA. I have 3 of them. The one I like the best is the bigger one. I have a bowl lift with a 5 qt bowl. I can do 4 cake mixes at a time with it. need to play with my attachments to get some practice in.
Hello to everyone else. I guess I ad better get up and get something done. I still don't feel great but am better than I was.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat/Qui - naw, not worried about the weather. Can find plenty do inside...just not a lot of picture-taking while I'm off.

Grammadot - any pics of the kids in their costumes?

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day:D

Ann-Marie, lovely pics and an awesome spectacular sunrise! Have fun shopping Wink
Qui, my kitchen only has a Bamix, a coffeemaker, a rice cooker and a small chopper for making tapenades. The rest is old fashioned hand and knife work
Laughing As for the blue cheese stroganoff, it's derived from the recipe I did for a challenge and put up in my kitchen.
http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Green-Stroganoff-with-pasta/55257/
Change the white wine for cream and the spinach for cooked green beans. That's all there is for changing green stroganoff into a blue cheese stroganoff.
PattiT, you can change the blue cheese for a cream cheese, but it will lack the kick of blue cheese and only will make it more creamy. Maybe you could spice the cheese up with garlic and pepper.
Grammadot, it must have been real fun seeing the little ones dress up. Guy Fawkes day is special to the British. You can find the history of Guy Fawkes day at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Day . Sorry to hear you got sick, but luckily everything went well for Jim. Hope you get well soon.
My day went by as usual, nothing exciting, no sun, grocery run, too lazy to cook properly, so the fast food joint in my street and the Turkish butcher delivered the sides for my chicory salad.

Tomorrow is only a half day at the office Very Happy and tomorrow evening there's a small party at the nail salon in my street, it's celebrating being in business for five years. Funny enough I've been invited despite never having had my nails done anywhere. Laughing .

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann- Yes I do. They looked so cute.
Caliber

John

Tommy

Thanks, Fan, I am feeling better today. Jim and I are at home today and we went to town this morning and took care a few bills, then stopped an estate sale, didn't find much at it. Then got back home and put away some of the lawn furniture and canopies. Really need to rake the yard soon, but the leaves are falling so fast it won't do much good anyway.
See ya later

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot - awww, how cute!! Thank you for sharing them. Smile
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

The weather is changing every day. Yesterday it was sunny and almost 70 and today it rainy and about 40. Jim and I went to his cabin in the woods for a couple of days to get it "ready" for deer season. Luckily we came home last night.... before the rain started. Getting the cabin ready means cleaning up all the dust and the mess the mice made. Rolling Eyes Yuck! They chewed a hole in one of the chair cushions! He always has a bunch of buddies that come for the first week of deer season, so I cleaned while he put a new floor on the upper level. It's a really "RUSTIC" cabin..... not my cup of tea. I would prefer something with electricity, indoor plumbing and less spiders and mice! But the guys have a ball.

I made a big batch of Green Pea Soup today. I had a ham bone in the freezer and the last of the meat that I've been saving until I had time to make it. It came out terrific... smelled soooo good. Then I froze most of it in individual servings so we can have it when it gets cold out (soon!)

I've also been busy with my baking project at the Elks Club. Everyone loved what I made so far, so that's encouraging. (I make desserts every Friday for the fundraising dinner they put on.) It's fun because I can try some of the pile of recipes I've been dying to try.

Qui - I'm so jealous of your new Kitchenaid!!!

Ann - Hope you're enjoying vacation!

Fan - Your photography makes even a pile of french fries make me drool!! What kind of meat did you get at the butcher?

Grammadot - Hope you are feeling better. Cute shots of the kids in their costumes!

Hi to everybody else out there.... stay warm and dry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: