BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WEDNESDAY, December 11th 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: WEDNESDAY, December 11th 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Hmm, when I come to Bakespace I am logged out and I have to log in each time, I even tick the box to log me in each time I come back. Weird. Will have to see if something got changed in Firefox too.

PattiT - Jim said he hit Middle Road last night and it was a white out, turned onto another road and it wasn't snowing as hard. Middle Road is awful anyway...lots of places it blows and drifts.

Fan - not sending many Christmas cards out this year, only to close family. Growing up we usually had snow in Nov., but the seasons/weather has changed so much in the past 20-25 years, seems odd to me to get snow in late December. Last year we didn't get a real snow until after Christmas.

Vicki - have you run a virus/malware scan? Cleaned out the recycle bin and other junk folders, even on your IE or Firefox? How about a disc defrag?

Seems we are under the Lake Effect Snow Warning til tomorrow at 4 AM. Glad Jim is driving me to work tomorrow. Smile Lots of snow in our forecast for the next 4 to 5 days.
They are saying anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow, 15 in other areas!

Better get around here, want to clean up the bathrooms and then bake later this afternoon.

Later,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Another eye appointment... we're hoping I don't need to be referred to another doctor. (Heading there an hour early.) Then, I'm staying home. Still white out conditions with loads of accidents. (My husband even saw a garbage truck stuck.) AND, one of my son's gifts is heading here today needing a signature. Staying home the rest of the day. Smile

Ann
- I backed the computer (system restore) back to November. After restoring the computer I've run anti-virus, malewarebyte, windows defense. When I leave, I will run a system scan. Then, a defrag when I get home.

Greetings to all who stop in!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Ann, I loved your snowflakes before our names. How did you do that?
I just can not imagine living where you do, or Martha for that matter. Snow is pretty to look at, but I hate going anywhere in it, driving or riding. I guess I am too much of a nervous Nellie. Funny thing my grandmother's name was Nellie and there was never anyone more nervous and jittery. What will you be baking today?
I had to log in yesterday, but I think it was because I had gone to the part of BakeSpace with the recipes and I have a different log in there.

I think I will get out my Christmas cards and work on them today. I will have to put a not in my mailbox about needing stamps. I don't feel up to going to the post office, still trying to avoid the Dr.s. I am in the "doughnut hole" and am allergic to almost all antibiotics so I am not sure what the Dr. could do.

Our trash went today and I noticed that they took great care to make sure to leave our trash cans upright, while carelessly tossing everyone else's cans. I asked hubby if he thought it was because we always give them a Christmas tip?
I need to work on getting more Christmas gifts on their way here, I am calling the hair salon to see if they would give Madison a mani pedi, hair style and maybe a massage. She would be in heaven. Her Mom and Dad want a gift certificate to a local steakhouse so I can call and have that sent in the mail. Then I only have my son James to figure out what to give. He is moving in with an old friend and work buddy on Sat. Unfortunately he is highly allergic to cats so he has to find someone to take care of his cat until he can get a place of his own. I told him he should ask his soon to be ex-wife, that way it wouldn't be too traumatic for the cat.
**Vicki, hope you were able to get your computer running normally. It sure can be frustrating when something goes wrong with our computers.
**Fan, what will you be up to today? I bet Myo loves your being home.

Better go find my Christmas cards and get to it!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - I have them on Photobucket, just copied them to here. Have all kinds of little do-dads in my Photobucket like that. Very Happy Cookies are on my baking agenda later.

Vicki - hope you can figure out what is wrong with the 'puter...they are kind of like a car - when they run they are terrific, but a pain in the butt when they aren't running right. Confused

Thought you all would like this:
http://www.glamumous.co.uk/2013/03/101-household-tips-for-every-room-in.html?m=1

Would like to know what Martha might be getting...

Lake Effect Snow Warning
Now - Thursday, Dec 12, 4:00am
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST THURSDAY...
* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON WITH ANOTHER 3 TO 5 INCHES TONIGHT. THE GREATEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ALONG AND JUST SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 90 IN EASTERN ERIE COUNTY.
* TIMING...SNOW SHOWERS WILL INTENSIFY THIS AFTERNOON ALONG THE LAKE SHORE AND THEN SPREAD INLAND BY LATE AFTERNOON... THEN BEGIN TO DIMINISH LATE TONIGHT.
* WINDS...WESTERLY AT 15 TO 25 MPH. HIGHER GUSTS ARE POSSIBLE NEAR LAKE ERIE.
* IMPACTS...SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL MAKE FOR HAZARDOUS TRAVEL. SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO LESS THAN QUARTER OF A MILE IN THE HEAVIEST SNOW SHOWERS.
* THE HEAVIER SNOW AMOUNTS MAY BE RESTRICTED TO AREAS WHERE THE SNOW BANDS ARE PERSISTENT.
* TEMPERATURES...GENERALLY IN THE LOWER AND MID 20S ALONG THE LAKE SHORE TODAY AND TONIGHT...DROPPING INTO THE TEENS INLAND TONIGHT.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

Ann-Marie, awesome these tips. I already used a couple of them forever, but there are definitely some new ones I might consider using. Thanks for sharing. The warnings sounds pretty serious, glad you are off today Smile
Vicki, be careful out there. Hope everything goes smoothly at the doctor's.
PattiT, Myo is having a blast these days. The heater is turned up from early morning on instead of only the after office hours, so she spend a lot of time sitting in front of the heater and staring at the flames, just like her mum used to do at my uncle's house Laughing And whenever she gets tired of it she tries to nest her self in my lap or tries to interfere with whatever I'm doing.
The Christmas tip or a touch of kindness, usually goes a long way Wink With my paper boy it assures me of getting a dry copy no matter how hard it rains.
Sounds like you are pretty finished with your gifts Wink

I had some problems with the water supply in the kitchen since last night. But the supply in the bathroom was okay, which puzzled me. Should I call in the water company or the plumber? I decided to call the water company first and they would get back to me in one or two hours. I had a wonderful guy on the phone when they called me back, telling me it was unlikely to be a problem on their side and more likely a plumber's issue. But he advised me to remove the small filter at the end of the tap first before calling a plumber and see if the water supply would improve. If it improved I only needed to go to the hardware store and get me a new filter costing 4 or 5 Euros. The man has saved me about 50 Euros in plumber's bills Very Happy . I would never have come up with that by my self. Would have kissed the man through the phone it he hadn't hang up already.
I've finished my Christmas cards, half of them are in the mail already. The other half waits for new stamps, but that'll be only a few minutes of work.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

I was released by the heart surgeon yesterday. Am still not completely healed-sternum still hurts. Will take a while for that to heal.

Had lunch w/Qui yesterday-had a great time. Good food, good friend, good conversation......just what I needed. Went to Cracker Barrel, sat on the porch rocking for a few hours just a rockin' & a talkin'.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well, your prayers worked. Had complications after surgery that could have killed me.

Had tried a few times to get onto site & let y'all know what was going on, but I just didn't seem to be able to find forums. Today I clicked on the bookmark & was taken directly here. Yey.

Have quit smoking- cut out most of the red meat in my diet, haven't been able to exercise yet but I am walking more.

Y'all take care.....

See Ya,
nubbins1
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubbins, welcome back into the digital world. I'm very happy to hear from you. Qui kept us updated on your condition and I'm happy to hear you are improving. Keep up the good work and take one step at the time. Hugs Very Happy

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: