BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, December 23rd, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: MONDAY, December 23rd, 2013 Reply with quote

Wow, 3 more days and it'll be Christmas. How this year has flown.

Told Jim the other day that I wanted to get away for the day on Sunday so we headed over to OH. Stopped at Penzey's Spices, ate at B-Spot (http://bspotburgers.com/), then we hit a few stores - Barnes & Noble, Half Priced Books, Petco, Bath & Body Works, Home Goods (not impressed), Walmart and Giant Eagle and Kmart. Not in that order though.

Was a beautiful day, started out nice then it rained hard for about 20 mins or so but the sun came out and we had blue sky for the better part of the day. Was nice to get out of here for a while...thinking too much.

Grammadot - WOW!!! Everything looks delicious!

{{Prayers going up for Debbie}}

Headed into work to see how many critters we have. REALLY hoping it's only 14 or so, we don't need a ton of critters at the holiday season.

Hope everyone has a good day,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffany is with her dad at the hospital right now, waiting for the Dr.s to find out what their plan for today is. I will be leaving with my son shortly but will try to keep you all updated.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ann,
Pattit- thanks for keeping us updated about Debbie. prayers to her and her family.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, stay warm and safe today.

PattiT, thanks for the updates. Hopefully the doctors have something positive for the family. Have fun with your son today.
Grammadot, are you sold out for Christmas?Laughing
Ann-Marie, our day started nice too, but around 3 pm the high winds and rain came back. But it looks like the storm will be over by tomorrow night Smile . Managed to get me a few household items before the storm. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a favourable "critter count". Have fun at work today.
Just in case I can't get on tomorrow, a very merry Christmas to all of you.

知人者智,自知者明
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pattit - Thanks for Debbie updates - she and the family are in my thoughts and prayers

Grammadot - The candy looks wonderful and sounds like more.

Ann - glad you had a good 'day trip' -

Fan - thought of you yesterday - was talking to friend about the good old days when we could go to the butcher for meats, baker for bread and sweet treats, Flower shop, dress store, etc...and that was what you bought in the shops...instead of the big stores that sell everything from toe nail clippers and toothbrushes to underwear and dress clothes...I envy you your shops.

I hope all the last minute things that need to be done, get done with time to spare - and you have time to sit back and enjoy the serenity of the moment before chaos hits on Christmas day.

Have fun with the last minute wrapping...and remember, when all else fails, brownies make a nice gift.

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Our snow is just about gone, just a patch here and there. Last night as I was coming in the house I saw something move near the front steps. I went in and got a flashlight and came back out to see what it was. I thought it must me an injured bird or animal. Guess what it was.... a big brown toad! Aren't they supposed to be hibernating or something? I gave him a good lecture and put him in the leaves under the bushes. I hope he'll be alright. The temps are dropping today and we are to get some snow tonight.

I'm all ready for Christmas. My cookies are done and mostly distributed, my gifts are all wrapped and my gift certificates have been sent out. Yay! Now I can just relax until Wednesday.
I'm making a ham for Christmas so that won't take too much prep. Are you all ready for the holidays?

I found out my camera doesn't work anymore Crying or Very sad I wanted to show you pics of my cookies.... and the toad! Maybe I'll get a new one from Santa!

If I don't get back on here... Merry Christmas Everyone!!
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy, busy day. Darryl surprised me by bringing Madison along to run errands with us. It was nice but everything took twice as long. We went to a butcher shop, funny after the comment about the different shops that used to be. I have a lot to do this evening and tomorrow too, before our guests start arriving. Nick and Tina will be staying at least until Dec. 27 so I might not get on to post to often. I will try to peek in now and then to see how Debbie is doing and let you all know.
Tiffany said the took her off the vent and are keeping an eye on her blood gasses hoping they improve. They are hoping her kidney problems get better also. She apparently is awake and talking, she said she is bored. That sure seems like a good sign. I hope they don't send her home before they figure out what is wrong!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: