BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Blue Monday, January 20th 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Happy Blue Monday, January 20th 2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing day.

Despite of today being Blue Monday, I'm in a pretty good mood. Laughing . I have no idea why that is, but definitely not from the weather cause it's dark and cloudy. Wink And it is getting a bit colder.
Ann-Marie, did you manage to clear out the basement yesterday?
PattiT, how did the beef & beer stew taste? Did gary a good job?
Gotta a lot of things on my desk for today, better get going. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

Fan - sort of. I need to get some plastic containers and really go through the boxes downstairs and get rid of a lot of things. The sad part of it was we just kept throwing things down there in a corner and the pile kept getting higher & higher. Put a lot of the kayak stuff (life jackets) in bags to keep them clean, just tried to organize a little bit. Before Spring hope to go down and spend the day to get through the boxes and get the basement cleaned up/reorganized.

The computer temp is showing 34º but wonder what the "real feel" is? Ha! Just gave myself the shivers thinking about going out and starting the car. Laughing As long as the wind isn't blowing too hard it should be ok. That walk from the parking lot to the building is terrible sometimes.

Only work for 4 hrs. today so not too bad of a day. Smile Will be kind of nice to get outta there early.

Hope everyone has a good day,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls, a blue cloudy Monday here. This is supposed to be the best weather today for a long time to come. I am hoping to try to get a little walking in, not sure how that will go.
Fan the stew was very good, funny thing, he kept telling me that the person whose recipe it was knew what they were doing. Finally I said, didn't you notice the bowl in the picture with the recipe?? It was my recipe! He did taste it too soon after adding the beer and added a little honey because he thought it was a little bitter. I told him that over time that simmers out. It still was very good. (But the clean up took quite a while, he thought he did a great job keeping up with the cleaning?) Oh well, I really appreciated the effort. He commented that it wasn't that hard at all, all he needs is a recipe to follow and he can cook. I will have to remember that line.
My exciting day today consists of changing the bed linens. Maybe I will try walking to the Dollar General at the end of the street.
Debbie is sounding great. I will give her a phone all later.
**Ann sounds like you might have an easy day at work today. I hope all goes well.
**Fan, I hope your workday went well also. Myo will be happy to see you when you get home.

What is everyone having for dinner?
I am going to take the leftover stew and make a beef potpie.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ladies, We are feeling better. Have had that stupid flu that has been going around, for the last few weeks. Now we have to go to two funerals this week. My son in law Brian's grandmother who was 91 and my brother in law Roger's mother who was 95, both passed away yesterday. It was not unexpected for either of them, because they have both been in poor health for some time. It is going to be hard on both of the families, since they were both only children, and they are both named Roger.
I was glad to see that Debbie was posting again. Good that she is doing better.
I hope everyone stays warm this week. t is supposed to be cold here.
I am going to go and make some cupcakes and brownies to take to the funeral homes. I hope the funerals are not on the same day, but they probably will be. I will have to just go to the visitations, if they are.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great evening.

PattiT, thanks for the updat on Debbie. I haven't seen her post, but I'm very happy she's back in the online world. Good crank on Gary not recognizing your bowl Laughing Feed him your recipes girl and teach him how to clean up the mess. Wink As for dinner; leftover hutspot from the oven and chicory soup. Tomorrow it'll be probably the same since I have a meeting with the neighbourhood committee. No time for cooking and dishes.
Ann-Marie, piling up in an almost invisible part of the house is kind of what we all do Laughing Laughing . Enjoy your short day.
Grammadot, lots of strength for the funerals. Glad you are feeling well again after that nasty flu.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I know it's late and you have all gone to bed by now, but I just wanted to drop you guys a line. It's always so late when I get on here, that's why I don't always leave a comment because I figure you are all in bed anyhow.

In my neck of the woods, everything is covered with snow (again!) and the temps are in the teens. It's supposed to snow and be even COLDER for the next 5-7 days every day. I went to the store and stocked up, so I'm not going out again for awhile!

Last Friday, they had a special steak dinner at the Elk's Club, so Jim and I went and stayed for dinner. Usually I just drop off the desserts and leave to come home and make dinner for Jim and I. The dinner was very good... they cooked steaks outside on a big grill. But the best part was when several people came up to me and said how much they enjoy my desserts every week. That's the bad part about not staying for dinner... I don't get any feed back. So it was real nice to hear which ones they like the best and that they appreciate my baking. Very Happy

Pattit - That was funny about your husband making YOUR recipe and not knowing it was yours! I know what you mean about clean-up though. They don't realize that's all part of making dinner - do they? Did you make it to Dollar General? I really like that store.

Gramadotcom - Sorry you've had a bunch of flu going around. I haven't had a flu shot yet this year... I guess I should do that!

Ann - Hope your weather is milder than ours. I have to get at my basement too. I'm like you... I just keep piling up stuff, thinking I'll straighten it out SOME DAY! At least you made a dent in it.

Hello to everybody else out there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: