BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Jan. 18th & SUNDAY, Jan. 19th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Jan. 18th & SUNDAY, Jan. 19th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning,

Vicki - yes, if we get below 3 critters we'll start losing time. Me and one of the other girls lost between 2 to 4 hours already because of a low critter count. I volunteered to leave since she had already lost time, trying to take turns and make it fair for the 3 of us.

Was snowing pretty hard when we came home last night...right into the windshield. Made my head spin and eyes hurt! Shocked Glad Jim was driving.

Got a silly kitty story for you. Went to bed last night and Willow of course follows me up, I fuss over her for a few minutes but I was cold so I covered up. She got down, I had fallen asleep, all of a sudden she jumped back up on the bed...she has a white furry mouse that she loves to play with, yep she brought that up for me to play with her! LOL!! Laughing She was chasing that mouse all over the bed. Finally had to put her out and close the door...had to get up early, going to work this morning. Silly kitty.

Better get around here, need to go out and start the car.
Later,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I hope to make something with a gallon of homemade turkey broth today... noodles, soup, or something else. Any ideas? Later, we'll have fun with five or six couples.

My German shepherd story: Every morning at 6 am Ares in giving kisses. It's time to wake up! Fortunately, he does not keep us awake at night. Smile

Ann - I'm sorry that you are losing time at work. Did you say this is due to the new health care laws? What a cute story about Willow! No wonder you had to shut the bedroom door. Smile

Greetings to all who pop in this weekend!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Ann-Marie, sorry to hear they've been cutting hours. Just hope the count goes up soon. Funny that Willow is bringing in the mouse to lure you into a game with her Laughing .
Vicki, I first needed to check out how much a gallon is in litres. That's quite a lot of liquid. Do you have to finish it in one go? If so, a vegetable soup with turkey meat or chicken would be a convenient solution. Otherwise you could use some to cook a vegetable potato mash and serve grilled turkey at the side.
I had chicory salad with oven roasted potatoes and köfte for dinner tonight,

and I'm preparing chicory soup with blue cheese for tomorrow. And because it looks like a busy week for me next week I'm gonna make a huge batch of hutspot and divide it into ready for the oven portions. Need to peel the potatoes Mad . I hate doing that. Maybe I should start thinking about creating a rice hutspot. Wink

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - You caught my mistake. I used just a little more than a litre of turkey broth. Added an onion, celery sticks, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, and one potato. Embarassed

Your meals for this week sound delicious. I have a few meals to go. Hutspot is a great idea.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki - we think it's just a slow month.

Fan - the food picture looks delicious!

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a post from Debbie this morning. It was so nice to "hear" from her. I am sure Jim and she are both glad to be home. She mentioned lots of Dr.s visits will have to be gone to in Cleveland, but she knows she will get better care there.
We went to Madison's swim meet yesterday, her whole team did great but they still lost because the other team had almost twice as many swimmers. I really took notice at how much a lot of the swimmers had improved. That was the last of the regular meets, next is Divisionals, and then All-stars.
We had some snow yesterday but nothing to slow us down any.
Gary is going to make my recipe for beef and beer stew for dinner today. I am working on laundry and finishing my dusting. I found a box with all kinds of pictures and report card and all kinds of things from when we lived in Germany the other day. I got so wrapped up with looking at everything I didn't finish dusting that day.
**Ann, loved hearing about your silly kitty. They always seem more active at night when they are young. The kind of snow coming right at the windshield always made me feel like I was in a fun house or something along with making me feel queasy. Glad Jim was able to drive you.
**Fan I agree, that meal looked delicious. I have never eaten chicory only drank it in coffee. It looked almost like cole slaw to me. I have never seen chicory in the grocery store. Does it taste anything like cabbage?
**Vicki, I am glad you were able to talk with Debbie. I used up my turkey broth making turkey noodle soup. Nice to be woken up with kisses but 6 am would be a little early.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great Sunday Very Happy

PattiT, glad you heard from Debbie. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them.
Once in a while I get lost too in a box of things, just because of something from my time in China. Letters I wrote, pictures from me and my fellow students, little souvenirs and so on. It looks like another planet to me now. Laughing
The chicory I use is also called Belgian/French endive. Check it out at http://www.switcheroo.com/Greensld.html . It has a slightly bitter taste.
Ann-Marie, are you still in trouble by the snow? Be careful out there.
Vicki, I made the hutspot. I have four portions for the freezer and I ate one for lunch. For tonight I have the chicory soup and I intend to try out puff pastry with a mozzarella filling.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - they are saying a little bit of snow today but nothing major storms, cold bitter weather is on it's way.

PattiT - glad Debbie is home.

Cleaning out the basement today. Found things to take to Thrifty Shopper and things to take to work for the girls.

Later,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Fan I have eaten endive I remember in a cooking lesson in Germany that they were telling us how to make it less bitter. Too bad without looking it up I don't have a clue how to do it.
Gary has the stew simmering away and it is smelling good.
**Ann I keep telling myself I should clean out my closets and donate some thing, just don't seem to ever get around to it.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: