BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Hump day Januari 29th 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Happy Hump day Januari 29th 2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have aa awesome day Very Happy

I can see the sun shining from my office window. Wonderful after all these grey days. Temp's are around freezing point, had to turn up the heater this morning when I got up and Myo was very happy about it.
PattiT, thanks for the wonderful news about Debbie. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of them.
Baking Yaki Mandu is the original way, I think. I've eaten them in China and Japan. They usually bake them in oil, then pour over some water, cover and cook them for a while, then uncover and cook away the remaining liquid and till they start baking again and turn crisp at the bottom. The result is baked crisp at the bottom and steamed at the top.
Jeez, I'm getting hungry already. better get some office work done first, still two hours till lunch. TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

Wheee...it's -2º out there this morning, have no idea what the wind chill is. Dug out my sweat pants to put on over my scrub bottoms so I won't freeze my legs off walking from car to building. Just thinking about it gives me shivers!

Fan - I know what you mean about not seeing the sun for so long, it was like that when it snowed all those days. Blah. Sad Felt like sleeping all the time.

PattiT - Jim went out and shoveled off the sidewalks the other day when it was so bitterly cold. I worry about him doing that.

Glad Debbie is doing well!!

Yesterday was nice, cold but at least it was sunny out. Went up to Thrifty Shopper, had some things to donate and I found some TOH magazines and a few other cute cookbooks.

We stayed in once we got home. Stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things, couldn't wait to get back inside! At least the wind wasn't blowing.

Need to get around here, start the car shortly.

Take care,
Ann

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it: -21º wind chill
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ann, I can't even imagine going outside when it is that cold. I think the sun here makes it seem a little warmer. With the snow we have we have found some interesting things. We found lots of deer tracks, seems they are eating the bird food that falls to the ground, which means, they have been on our front porch!! My bedroom is along the front porch and it is a wonder I didn't hear them and freak out.
I am making Shane's sauerkraut soup tonight, I posted the link under the recipes for this month. Hubby and I think it sounds real tasty. Hubby is having hot dogs with his, I don't care for hotdogs so I doubt I will have any. The soup is good enough for me.
The sun is shining brightly this morning. I hope it sticks around. Glad we were able to share some with you Fan.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

With temps like this I wonder why I live here. it was -12 this morning to but I cut down from 3 sweaters to 2 today at least. .There is a propane shortage here also and its 699 a gallon. I feel for the people that have to buy it. we have wood thank god its already paid for. The sun has been shinning but it is not warming up at all.
Glad to her that Debbie is doing so much better hope she can come back on soon.
We have so much snow its getting rediculas not even Feb yet I am sick of winter already. I been having A sore throat and sinus off and on all winter. time for some change soon i hope.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, -2C was what we had this morning with a wind chill of -10C. Tomorrow will be about the same. And after that it's all over and temps will go up to 6C. I enjoyed the sun tremendously today. Hope you will get to see some sunshine too.
Carolyn, at least one thing is improving. Down to 2 sweaters instead of 3. Sorry to hear you are still having a sore throat. Stay warm.
PattiT, why would you freak out about a deer on the porch? I'd rather have one on the porch than in my bed(room) Laughing . Please do tell me how Shane's Sauerkraut soup turns out.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!!

Great news about Debbie! It's not the greatest weight loss program, but she'll feel better with a bit less weight to carry around. And maybe it will help her breathe easier. I hope so.

I had to go out yesterday and do some running around, so I shoveled enough of the driveway to get out. It was so cold that the snow is actually light. It came up like slabs (in one foot by one foot chunks). It was weird.... looked like the walls of an igloo! I was gone for several hours and when I got back home, I thought it felt chilly in the house when I took my coat off. I checked the thermostat and it said 53°!! Shocked The batteries in the thermostat had died! It's a good thing I wasn't gone for a few days... everything would have frozen! OF COURSE I didn't have any spare batteries the right size, so I called Jim to ask him if he could bring a few when he came over for dinner. But he was in a meeting and couldn't get over here for an hour or so. He told me to take the batteries out of the thermostat and rub each end vigorously against my jeans, then put them back in the thermostat and they might work. I've never heard of such a thing... but it worked!!! He said it won't work for long, but maybe it would work for an hour or so. So by the time he got here with fresh batteries, it was up to 65° in here! My HERO! I knew I keep him around for some reason!

I went to see my Mother and the dentist (I'm still not totally comfortable with these dentures. He adjusted them a little. It will take a few days to decide if it's better.) and I went for an ultrasound to try to find out why I'm having these stomach aches. The doctor thinks it might be my gall bladder or some kind of inflammation in my upper digestive tract this time! This getting old thing sucks! For my the first fifty years, I never had any problems!! At least so far, it's all correctable. Very Happy Thank God!

Well, I'd better get going..... I rewrote this post twice because the kitty stepped on the keyboard and deleted half of it (twice!!) I have to go through my recipe box and decide what I'm going to bake for the club this week.

Stay warm, everybody!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: