BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend February 8&9th 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Weekend February 8&9th 2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, rise and shine Very Happy

I made it to the early morning train despite of the rains, and even half an hour earlier as planned, yet without breakfast and coffee. Just switched trains at Utrecht and departed for Zwolle, the sun is just about to rise. It'll take another two hours before arriving at Leeuwarden. So I'm gonna keep my self busy for a while with my Ipad, just checked in to wish you all a fabulous weekend. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

No snow until late this evening or tomorrow, still fore casted as very cold. Maybe by the end of the week we should be in the 30's.

Looking at a really pretty sunrise right now...dark red, pink and orange.

Went down home to sign paper's for the cottage, by Feb. 14th it will be the buyer's.

Bought some big plastic tubs at Walmart the other day, want to straighten and organize the hobby room. Right now it's one big cluster, walking room only.

Later,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Fan, Ann, and all who post this weekend!

I have been on the run most of this week. Home and away, we saw snow turn into mini-tornados. How beautiful! Finally local today... a few local errands and staying at home.

Thursday, I made Tango's Brazilian Black Bean Stew, missing only the fresh chili pepper. Perfect for a quick and delicious meal. Her Banana Blueberry Bread is my plan today. Smile

Fan - Enjoy your day or weekend away from home. Smile

Ann - Your sunrise sounds lovely. Wishing you the best as you straighten and organize. Smile

Greetings to everyone who follows!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm on my way back in a crowded train, with a head full of new information on a database which combines historical data to geographical locations in present and past, and even more important a back pack loaded with bacon and sausages. I really hope there won't be any delays, cause I plan on doing a batch of laundry tonight.
PattiT, enjoy Madison's swim match
Ann_Marie, my sunrise was hidden between the clouds, however sundown was spectacular pink and orange with a small cloud sailing through it every now and then. Temps were just as spectacular in the double digits (12C/48F), but are dropping.
Vicki, you are the second to comment favourably on Tango's recipe. I must find some time to make that chicken dish. Have fun staying in today Wink
Gonna finish my coffee, 10 minutes to Amersfoort and 27 minutes to Utrecht Central Station before switching trains to Leiden. Just enough time to finish reading the newspaper on my tablet. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ann, Fan, Vicki and every one else that comes in this weekend., I am still here.
We found out yesterday we are having a new great grandson. Krys's son, Jimi and his wife are having a boy. I was hoping for girl, because we have a bunch of grandsons already, But that is okay. There are plenty of clothes for him to get. They are excited. She is due Jun 29th.
We haven't been out of the house but a couple of times in the last month. Jim still isn't feeling too good. I think the cold he had is wearing him out or else he is just bored from being stuck in the house. He sleeps an awful lot.
We are going to Jessica's tomorrow to stay for a few days. She is having her tubes tied. She has a prolapsed cervix, and the dr told her not to get pregnant again or she would have to have a hysterectomy. She was going to have the surgery in Nov, but they forgot to tell her to be off of her medicine that she takes for a week before the surgery, so they had to reschedule it.
I am going to set up in a craft fair in March, so I am going through my recipes and trying to figure out what will be a good seller. I am making some Easter candies and gift baskets. Probably some cookies and cupcakes too. I set up at this one a few years ago and did pretty good at it. Hope it is warm by then, but too warm, since we will be outside.
I hope you all have a good weekend and stay warm. It is still cold here. It is only 35 right now and it is 12:30 pm. Our water has been frozen for days. We have a spring that our water comes from and it was frozen all of the way up the hill.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, congrats on the new baby. I'm with you, any child is welcome, but a little great granddaughter would have been nice for a change Smile. Sorry to hear Jim still doesn't feel too well, maybe he should have it checked at the GP's.
Just to show you the contrast between your weather and ours, I tell you I couldn't believe my eyes, but they were there right in front of me....

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Fan - Oooh! Spring has come where you are! Aren't those flowers called Snow Drops?

We are still covered by a foot of snow. The sun was out today, which was nice, but it's still around 16°F so the snow isn't melting. I can hardly wait to see if tomorrow's predicted snow storm comes true!

Grammadot - Congrats on another grandson on the way! The craft fair in March sounds exciting. Something to look forward to!

Ann - Your sunrise sounds wonderful! The only time I ever see one anymore is when I'm still up and haven't been to bed yet! Shocked Good luck organizing your craft room. A collection of bins is a good place to start. I finally got my sewing room all set up nice and neat..... now I never use it anymore. It's a shame really. I should give it all to somebody who will use it!

I've wasted the whole day on the internet and looking through the collection of magazines on my coffee table. I keep cutting out recipes and printing them out on the internet (and here!) I've got boxes of clippings!! I know I should keep them all in files on the computer, so I could go through them and find things when I'm looking for them. I just can't get over my old fashioned ways of clipping and filing them away! Rolling Eyes

Hi to everyone else who stops by.... stay warm!
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha - yeah, our foot of snow hasn't melted either and it's snowing lightly now. I don't think we are to get much, an inch or two. I use to do plastic canvas a lot when I worked at Dollar General, would make something and give it to a customer that I got to know and liked. Could make things for the babies which I did start to do but it got to be too many babies and not enough time to do it. Should look through my books and find something for St. Patrick's Day & Easter.

Grammadot - what a pretty picture!! You should send that into the Country magazine, bet they would put it in. Smile Congrats on the new baby!!

Fan
- oooh, I CAN'T WAIT 'til I can get out and start taking pictures in the Spring!!! What a cute picture. Very Happy Love it!

Vicki
- with the crazy weather and the bitter cold we've been having, it's a good thing to stay home. Did it sun shine up there yesterday? We had beautiful sun then later in the afternoon it clouded up.

Bought a bookcase at Walmart yesterday so headed up to put it together and I want to wash the walls before I put it where I want it, once put there won't be washing the walls anytime soon.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, make it rock today Laughing

I have the trees not just waving, but swinging to me today. There's a storm going over the country, luckily without too much rain. Inside the houses is another storm going on since we got our second gold medal at the olympics Laughing And me and Myo are having a battle over the keyboard and mouse, she wants to sit on it and I want to put in my post. So if my post is been cut short, you know who won the fight.
I've been quite busy doing household chores. I started laundry at 6 am, took a shower in the mean time and did Friday's and yesterday's dishes, made a lot of coffee and waited till 8 am to get my croissants. Perfect timing because they were coming straight from the oven. Hot croissants and mocca flavoured coffee, couldn't be better for a Sunday morning. Then cleaning upstairs and downstairs till I fell into pieces on the couch. Now after a huge power nap with Myo, I'm mentally preparing my self for ironing and making the bed with fresh clean sheets.
Martha, yes they are called snow drops. And I love to see them coming, next will be the crocuses. Are you having stormy weather today?
Ann-Marie, the bookcase may help in putting your craft room together. Have fun sorting out things.
I think my laundry is waiting to be ironed, better get it over and done with. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: