BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, February 17th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: MONDAY, February 17th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning,

Was a VERY quiet day at work yesterday, only 9 critters. The first 8 hrs went pretty quickly, the last 4 dragged. Sad

Seems like we are to get a blast from old man winter again:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY...
* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 5 INCHES. A BRIEF PERIOD OF SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN COULD OCCUR ALONG AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM CANTON TO YOUNGSTOWN.

Yuck. Not looking forward to driving into work tomorrow. Then by Wed or Thur we are to be up in the 40's so there is going to be major snow melt.

Hope everyone is doing well, keeping warm in this cold wintry weather. My computer temp is saying -7º. BRR!!

Take care,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Pea soup is ready to start cooking. I'm out the door shortly... more appointments. Karl is clearing the roof again with the roof rake. We may be getting another 6-inches before the temperatures rise later this week.

Do you like Presidents' Day when NO one usually has a birthday, and is always on a Monday. Do you have a day off?

Fan - As you can see, I'm making snert today. What color peas do you use? Today, I'm using green and yellow? I can also purchase brown in the Dutch food sections. Today, I'm adding a small amount of German metworst.

Ann - Does your department always put the schedule request down on the days you are off? Temperatures are supposed to rise into the low-40's later this week... more roofs will collapse. Hope you find the perfect car as you shop.

Gramma - How nice that you purchased a new mattress set, freezer, and small refrigerator!

Danielle - Great to see you post! Will you stop in more frequently?

((PattiT)) - I hope the doctor actually finds ou what is wrong, and treats it correctly.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ann-Marie, Vicki and everybody else, have a great day. Very Happy

Everything sunny and quiet over here, though there is rain forecasted for tomorrow. Work is getting busier, probably because I have a holiday scheduled in four weeks Wink
Vicki, I use green peas. The brown peas are usually not used for "snert". Your weather sounds to be perfect for making and enjoying snert. Our weather is too warm and since I still have about five portions in the freezer I probably won't be making snert anymore this season.
PattiT, how did your visit at the doctor's go?
Ann-Marie, good luck car shopping. Hope you'll find a good one.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - I have never purchased the brown peas. What are they used for?

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Well guess what its snowing again hubby just got everything all cleaned up from the last one. he even shoveled 2 feet of snow off the camper before it desides to rain later in the week will just make more ice.
Patti I know what you mean about the cough its been bad this year with the upper respitory infection stuff. hope you feel better.
Grandma been watching all the good candy you been making makes my mouth water boy you sure are busy.
Ann be careful in the snow its getting to be nuts.
Fan been watching the olimpics some to but not sure which team is the Netherlands.
2 of my sisters are in Arizonia for a couple months where its warm lucky them I am tired of winter for sure. We are up for another 4-5 inches tonight.poor charlie hes getting tired of blowing snow.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn, look for the teams or people in orange or a combination of orange and black clothes. Laughing Laughing And you'll know the Dutch. Shani Davis also launched a new saying about us. He didn't go Dutch this time and he didn't loose, but he was just getting Dutched. Laughing Wow your sisters in Arizona? I bet you would have liked to have a couple wings right now, fly up and join them there.
Vicki, if you mean "kapucijners" as brown peas, then we usually cook them and have them with bacon and pickles. The leftover kapucijners we usually combine with a potato mash.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No car...long story. Confused

Carolyn - ugh, yeah, looks like a mix of everything - snow, sleet/freezing rain.

Not looking forward to tomorrow, hate the thought of driving in. Might be getting up a 1/2 hr earlier than normal...just don't trust the weather.

For everyone getting the snowstorm, be careful, stay warm
Ann

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
It's 6°F out and snowing. So what else is new, right? I read in the paper that so far this winter we have gotten 76 inches of snow! Shocked We always have a friendly competition with our closest two neighbors to the west and east (Buffalo and Syracuse) So far they are tied with 95 inches..... so those of us in Rochester can't complain, I guess!!

Ann - Say no more about car-shopping! It's a miserable, depressing task! I hate it. Look into leasing. You don't have any equity at the end of the lease, but at least you've had a nice, new, reliable car to drive. Then maybe by the time the lease is up, you'll have gotten a raise or won the lottery or something. I leased a few times and there's a lot to be said for the peace of mind and less stress.

Vicki - Pea soup and Snert are the same thing? I love pea soup!! Right now I'm eating Tomato soup with sausage and tortellini. Yum!

Everybody in the snow belt - be carefull out there!
Hi to anyone who stops by.................
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. I can't believe I am still awake I have been up since 3 a.m. I got an appt. with a different Dr. Today, my normal one wasn't available. I think that was a lucky break for me. He said he can hear crackling in both my lungs. He ordered 2chest x-rays and sent me to the drug store for a bag of medicine. I sure hope they work and soon, I am so sore from coughing. I will hear about the x-rays in a day or two. I was impressed with him before he came on to see me, I heard him in the next room telling the lady that you will get better from you cold in a week untreated or in 7 days with medication. I hate Dr.s that give people with a cold antibiotics. Enough about that stuff.
ENOUGH of this snow also, I know we don't get nearly as much as most of you but it just seems like we have gotten too much this year.
I will be making some chicken corn soup for dinner tomorrow, taking it easy and using store bought noodles for in it.
**Ann, I can't believe that you have to work 12 hour days, it must be exhausting! Are you on your feet most of the time? Sorry your car hunting did not go well, frustrating it am sure.
**Vicki, I need to go put dried peas on my store note, I forgot to get them at the store last week. We are supposed to warm up later in the week also. I guess there is good and bad with that.
** Fan, I guess you need to enjoy your sunny weather while you can. Your chicken and cashews sure looked good the other day!
**Carolyn, I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. Nice weather year round, but between scorpions, tarantulas, black widow spiders and so much more I am in no hurry to return. With your snowy winters and short growing season I wouldn't want to trade places with you either. Sorry. Snow blowers sure come in handy don't they. My one son works for a moving company and the person he was moving gave him a snow blower, he gave it to us since neither hubby or I are up to shoveling. It sure is nice to have.
**Martha, I am very glad not to be in competition with your snowy cities. What goodies have you been baking up lately? I had to laugh tonite, I asked hubby if I should get a tray of baked goods ready for him to take in to work in the morning, he said no he would rather keep them all for himself. Men!

Guess I will head for bed hoping that I will be able to sleep.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: