BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUESDAY, February 18th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: TUESDAY, February 18th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

So much for going into work this morning, had my clock set for 4:30 am, didn't wake up 'til 5:15! Our electric had gone out. Called to let them know I would be late, ended up telling the girl I wasn't coming in...it looks so nasty out there and my gut was telling me to stay home. Guess my guardian angel was nudging me to stay off the roads today.

Martha - Erie had a 108+ inches the other day...I'm sure with this snowstorm it will be about 115+ inches now. Erie is considered one of the snowiest cities right now. Crazy. People are having a hard time too...we aren't use to these kinds of winters anymore, we've had too many mild winters in the past few years.

PattiT - does he think it's bronchitis?

Fan - I see the Dutch were ahead with medals when I caught some of the Olympics yesterday afternoon. Smile

OH, poor Leo!!! When I was getting my clothes out for work last night I shut the dresser drawer...and his tail was in it! Glad I didn't shut it hard and fast. Shocked Poor kitty...I petted him for quite a while, wanted to make sure his tail was ok, it's fine.

And then there is Willow. I don't know if I told you this story or not. I had the clothes basket on the bed and she jumped in it, was close to the edge of the bed so she jumped out onto the floor and the basket came down -- over top of her!! Was just so perfect. I was cracking up laughing at her...and the poor thing was all hunkered down with BIG black eyes! I didn't leave her in there, knew she was freaking out...she was fine though, she still gets in the basket I just make sure to push it back away from the end of the bed.

Better get around here, want to throw some laundry in the washer and clean upstairs today.

Later,
Ann

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Yes, we did welcome another 6-inches of snow afternoon through the early hours this morning. I'm sure our snow level is not nearly as high as Carolyn's. Karl cleared 2-1/2 roofs yesterday before the snow/2-day thaw/snow again. With all the snow last night, he'll be doing it again. Now, the challenge will be once we get out of driveway, will we make it down our street to the main street which is plowed?
Ann - I'm sorry read about your car shopping. Enjoy that blessed day at home.

Fan - Thank you for filling me in about the brown peas. When does your 4-week holiday begin?

Carolyn - Your snow is even heavier than mine further south. How interesting that you have family living in Arizona! The rest of my side of the family live there, too.

Martha - Yes, Dutch pea soup is called snert or erwtensoep. Your tomato soup with sausage and tortellini sound delicious. Will you share your recipe? I'm surprised you don't have more snow than we do. We have over 100-inches (and growing).

PattiT - Your chicken and corn soup sound delicious, too. I hope the chest x-rays reveal what is wrong.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, ha! I saw the list of snowiest cities.

The Grand Rapids' snowfall is based on the Gerald R. Ford airport, way to the east of town. We are farther west and our snow totals are far more than the airport, because we get so much Lake effect due to Lake Michigan... this happens every year. We can have a blizzard and the airport won't receive hardly any snow.

Ann - I wonder if our snow levels are closer to Erie's?

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, make it rock today Laughing

Just seen the men's 10 kilometres speed skating, and we did it again; gold. silver and bronze. This time I managed to see it happen, cause the office's network went down Very Happy, our applications and e-mail became non-responsive and the only thing left working was the internet and Excel.
PattiT, how are you feeling today?
Ann-Marie, enjoy your day off Smile . Poor kitties, they'll be very happy having you play at home with dresser drawers and baskets Laughing .
Vicki, it's only one week of holiday, but I still have to wait four weeks before taking off Laughing . Edinburgh and Glasgow are on my list this time.
Martha, tomato soup with tortellini and sausage sounds very interesting.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - I apologize thinking that you had four weeks off. Can't wait to read of your vacation soon.

AND, congratulations on more Dutch wins! Smile

~~Vicki

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening everyone. Whew I hope today was the worst of what ever is wrong, nothing seems to improve my breathing. I think I am using the inhalers properly. I will ask the Dr.s office when they call tomorrow how long will it be until I see an improvement. I want to visit with Nick on Friday, since I am on antibiotics I think it is safe to be around me. He is helping with an art event downtown and we will more than likely be meeting for lunch. Hopefully he can work us into his itinerary. Maybe this will perk up his spirits, he has been sooooo down lately. He sent me the sweetest Valentines card, saying how much he appreciates me always being on the other end of the telephone line.
I thought the chicken corn soup didn't taste that much but I think one of the inhalers can dull taste. Hubby enjoyed it, that is all that matters. Tomorrow I am making something that will include crescent rolls, chicken and broccoli, just not sure yet what I will do with them yet.
**Ann, probably a wise call to not risk going into work today. Funny you should ask if he thinks it is bronchitis. The diagnosis was ronchi, I thought they didn't spell in right and it was bronchitis, but apparently it means abnormal breath sounds, lungs sound like they are snoring. Who knew. Ha, ha. I can just picture poor Willow inside that basket wondering what in the heck happened. I got caught up on my laundry today also.
**Vicki, is your roof not pitched? Most of our house has what is called a flat roof, it really worries me with lots of snow on it. We are supposed to get warmer weather and rain later in the week and the weekend. Now come on Vicki, you said you "welcomed another 6 inches of snow" did you really welcome it? Ha ha.
** Fan, I just watched the womens luge and the Netherlands lost by 1 100th of a second, that had to be heart braking. I bet you will be able to capture some rally nice photos in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

See you all tomorrow,

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - Our roof is pitched, but not enough for this much snow. My MIL's roof is flat. We don't want any damage while she is gone. I'm also hoping you will get a timeline from the doctor's office.

~~Vicki

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

It's still snowing a little, but it's supposed to warm up by Friday... maybe even enough to rain. Oh goody! Rolling Eyes Then by Sunday it will be snowing again.

Ann - Loved that list of "Snowiest Cities". How can Anchorage, Alaska be that far down the list??? I guess Alaska isn't anything like I imagined it!!! Cute story about the kitties! I'm glad you didn't go in to work. I hope it's better by tomorrow.

Vicki - I don't really have a recipe for the Sausage Tomato Tortellini Soup! I sort of made it up out of what I had in the freezer that I wanted to use up. It came out really good though. Soup is one of the few things I can just throw together without a recipe.

Pattit - Hope the meds have started to work. I don't know how you still keep so busy, feeling the way you do! Get better!

Last week I made Valentine Cookies and a Chocolate Cake with raspberry filling. The cookies were heart shaped cut-outs. Some of them I frosted and the rest I cut out a heart shaped hole in them and filled it with crushed red hard candies, so it melted and looked like stained glass. Have you ever done that? It's so easy and yet so impressive looking! I don't know what I'll make this week.

Hi to everyone else...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: