BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY, March 7th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: FRIDAY, March 7th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning,

Ended up back at the chiropractor yesterday afternoon...my hip and left shoulder had been bothering me. She showed me 2 exercises to do, mostly because I hold critters, will try them at work today.

Fan - wow, wow, wow...just gorgeous pictures!! Beautiful colors. Took Mom's car over to the car wash yesterday...was still cold though, in the lower 20's but I just had to get some of that road salt/grime off of it. Couldn't stand it. Funny, as I was driving it the back window froze up but with it sitting in the sun all day it thawed out. Our temps are to go up for the next three or four days, into the 30's and 40's. Very Happy Very Happy Hopefully get rid of this snow. Tired of looking at a landscape of white...ready for some GREEN!!

Martha - no snow here, was nice all day - blue sky and lots of sun. You mentioned about a vanilla cookie, is that on one of our recipe lists? Think I'll bake cookies tomorrow, it starts out with a yellow cake mix, then there is rice crispies, peanuts and peanut butter chips too. Will let you know how they turn out.

We had 14 critters when I left Wed night, think one was to go home yesterday though. Curious to see how many there are and if we get any in today.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. Sorry to be missing for so long. Hubby had off most of this week and we have been on the go a lot. Then I am totally wiped out by evening. My back has been hurting so bad. I bought some orthotic inserts for my shoes. I tried using them to walk over and get the mail, it made my shoes slip up and down in the back, thinking it would give me blisters. I decided to wear them while I chopped, peeled, sliced things for my lentil soup yesterday, I only got the carrots peeled and it made my feet hurt so bad I gave up and took them off. I will be sending them back for a refund. I have an appt. for the 17th to get another epidural, biding my time until then. I wore my back brace all day yesterday, nothing seems to help.

On a brighter note, sort of, we have been shopping for a new bike for Madison she has outgrown the last one we bought her. We had several picked out, but...........................her mother called and said "You know she has expensive tastes, just get her whatever one she likes and I will pay the difference." I hope I am not being a bitch but, that really irritated me. I told her we had a budget in mind for the bicycle and we wanted it to be a gift from us, not a group gift. She argued that we should not buy a bike she didn't want just because it was cheaper. I am sorry but I am insulted. Not to mention that they always buy Madison whatever she wants no matter the price. I don't think this is a good way to raise a child, although hubby was quite quick to say we are not raising her. Case in point every year her birthday parties become more and more elaborate. This year she will be taking her friends out of state for a trampoline party. I won't bore you with more, but am I wrong to be offended?? Be honest please.

It has been plenty cold here also, but we are starting to see more than snow on the ground lately. They say by the end of March we should be seeing warmer temperatures. I am wondering if we will just go from really cold to hot, I sure hope not.

We are going to a travel planner with AnnMarie (Madison's mom) next Friday to see about a trip to Jamaica for all of us. I hope that goes well. A lot of our choices for a nice warm December vacation are already booked full. We checked out all the U.S. Virgin Islands, all booked, yes ALL of them sigh. Hubby says he will not go to Puerto Rico, I thought that way we would not need passports, oh well. I hope we can figure something out.

**Ann, sorry to hear that you are in a lot of pain lately also. I hope you will get some relief soon. Weren't you afraid doors and windows would freeze shut after the car wash? The sun has been a help with melting though, hasn't it. When we left the other morning I did an unintended ice skating routine across the porch but thankfully the afternoon sun melted it before we got home.
**Fan beautiful pictures as always. Glad you got your camera back before your next trip. I hope you get a chance to get about on your own other than the necessary meetings. I know you will have some great pictures for us on your return.
**Martha, those lemon white chocolate chip cookies sound very good. Besides warming up the house you get the benefit of all the great aromas wafting through your house. I love going to those restaurant supply stores also. Nobody I know has any interest in those places so I rarely get to one. I think it is probably a good thing, like you said they have so many things I would really really like to have.
**Vicki, a pizza party birthday sounds like a good one to me. I tried to explain paczi's to my hubby but he said "Well why wouldn't you just by a doughnut?" His mother always made fastnachts, since we live in a PA Dutch area.

Yesterday I made lentil soup and baked German rye bread to go with it. Hubby really enjoyed it, I thought it was missing a little in flavor, I had used a box of generic beef broth, a lesson learned I guess. Just glad he didn't notice anything different.

Hope everyone has a great day,

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

Glad you all liked my sunrise pics and thanks for the compliments. Very Happy
Martha, no career switch in my mind yet. But I'm curious what National Geo would pay for a pic.
Ann-Marie, glad your chiropractor gave you some exercises in order to prevent reoccurrence. I hope your landscape will turn green real soon. If not, come over for Sunday, I can treat you on a comfortable 60F with sunshine Wink
PattiT, youch. It's awful when whatever you try to do to relieve the pain doesn't work. Hopefully you can get the inserts refunded. As far as Madison is concerned, you are right. Her parents are plain stupid getting her everything she wants no matter the costs. The girl has to learn about making choices and the harsh reality that money doesn't go round limitless and without effort. And it's about time they start telling her that her choices are within the budget, and if she chooses to go over the budget she has to made the effort to pay for it by her self doing extra chores in return for some money or saving up her pocket money. On the other hand your hubby has a point too, you are not raising her. But even then you don't have to facilitate the way Madison is being raised either.
I intended to go up north for a lecture again tomorrow, but the railroad company has planned maintenance on the tracks making my trip to and from lasting two hours longer than usual Twisted Evil. So instead of 6 hours by train into 8 hours for a lecture of two hours and a bit of shopping. I think I'll pass this time and stay home. Sad

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: