BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Mar. 15th & SUNDAY, Mar. 16th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Mar. 15th & SUNDAY, Mar. 16th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

What a beautiful day yesterday!!!! I opened the windows so that the kitties and I could get a breath of fresh air. They weren't open long though, the snow on the ground made it a bit chilly. Still felt good to open them.

Cleaned like crazy yesterday - ran the sweeper, did the bathrooms then decided to take the 4 cookbook bookcases apart, move them and wash the wall/floor behind them. What a task that was! Took me 3-4 hours to move them all around. Ended up with a huge pile of books that wouldn't fit back on the cookbook bookcases, looked at Leo & Willow, asked them, "now how did I do that?!" I don't know how I had them all fit on there...there were some that were laying on top but it looked like it was cluttered so I put them upstairs. Now have to figure out what to do with those ones!! Very Happy Surprised

Most of the snow melted between the warmer temps then we got rain late last night. Today to be warm but with snow showers, tomorrow cold and partly sunny. Gotta love that March weather!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Gotta get moving and head into work.
Later,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick hello, we are awaiting the arrival of the birthday girl. They are late again as usual, so far over an hour. I hate that her mother seems to think it is cute that she is always late. They were in charge of the potatoes to make the mashed potatoes, so lunch will definitely be late. Oops, they just arrived, see you later.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, PattiT and everybody else, have a brilliant weekend Very Happy Very Happy

Despite all the forecasts we did have a sunny day with a chilly wind and temps around 50C. I did have to turn up the heater a bit.
My sis, her hubby and their youngest daughter came over for lunch and spent the afternoon with me. Then my recently divorced brother showed up right after lunch and a few hours later his new girlfriend joined us as well. It was the first time I did meet her and my first impression was favourable. She's really sweet and yet quite confident of her self in a pleasant way. And she's a foodie, so after my sis with her family left for the long drive back up north, she helped me to lure my brother into a Kurdish restaurant for dinner. Very Happy First time ever I got my brother into a restaurant. Laughing
His pick of the menu was a bit on the safe side, but he did like the Kurdish naan bread and the lentil soup. His girlfriend went for the Kurdish dolmas and I had lamb shoulder with rice and veggies called ghozi. The restaurant opened only two months ago and it was my first time there too. My knowledge of the Kurdish kitchen is rather limited, so I'm not sure how authentic my dish was, but it sure was a good nice tasting meal at a very reasonable price. Definitely worthwhile going there again.
Ann-Marie, so Spring hasn't arrived yet, but you seemed to have caught the Spring bug already. I know about the piles of books that don't fit in the bookshelves after having cleaned the shelves. I still have 3 boxes of them in my living.
PattiT, have fun with the little B-day pig. I hope she likes the cake you have made.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!!
I know, I've been missing-in-action for awhile.....

First of all I got snowed in. It went from 40-50 degrees one day to a major snow blizzard the next. I haven't seen it come down that hard in years!! The snow was up to the top of the wheels on my car when I woke up and still snowing. And the wind was so strong that it made drifts that were waist high. Then the next day it was sunny and almost 60 degrees!! WEIRD!!! But it's probably old news by now. In the middle of all that, my stupid body decided to declare a medical emergency. It started with a pain in my stomach, then nausea, then I couldn't eat or even drink anything. After I hadn't slept for two nights straight because of the pain and being dehydrated, Jim made me go to Emergency. Thank God!! They gave me morphine for the pain, something for the nausea and a sleeping pill to make me sleep. I didn't have any other symptoms, so they weren't sure what was wrong. They sent me home and except for feeling weak all over, I am fine. They did a bunch of scans and images but didn't see anything. When I get my strength back in a week or so, I have to go in for some other test where they put a scope in my stomach.

So that's what I've been up to! Fun and games!!

Fan - Your pictures make it look like spring has sprung in your country, for sure! I'm jealous!!

Ann - Sorry to hear about "Toes". Maybe he just found someplace to hole-up and he'll be back when it warms up. (You're probably hoping he found someplace he likes better.)

Pattit - Hope your birthday party went off well!
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a great Sunday Very Happy

Myo is basking in the sun behind the glass and I'm having a fantastic fresh espresso with croissants. My sis brought me a bag of espresso coffee yesterday and it's delicious. I have a lot on my plate today, need to sort out insurance papers and get my backpack from the attic.
Martha, sorry to hear you had to go to the emergency. Hopefully they will find out what it was from the tests. But I'm glad to see you posting again
Gotta get started. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Martha - geez, what a week you had! Glad you are feeling better now. Do you have problems with your gall bladder??

Fan
- I have TONS of backpacks for when Jim and I use to do our rock & fossil hunting in NY and Canada. We don't do it anymore because of the way he was working.

Woke up to a nice dark pink sunset this morning, didn't last long though. Funny, to the south of me is gray clouds, to the north of me is the Lake and it has blue sky. We are to have a partly sunny day, high of 20º. I'll take it...better than a dark old day and cold thrown in. The forecast is showing warmer temps coming our way starting Tue, in the 40's! Very Happy

Better get around here, need to have Jim look/listen to Mom's car...sounds awfully loud when I start it.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, I do have a couple of back packs too. Usually I take a day pack and a slightly bigger back pack on my trips, but the bigger one is most of the time half empty and I can stash in the day pack into it as well. I've been looking for a small suitcase today and I did see a nice one, but there's a chance the delivery just may not make it in time for my trip. So I'll go with my back packs.
Glad to hear your temps are going up a bit. All I can say about it is "follow me into Spring" Wink Laughing Laughing .

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann - The tests show no stones in my gall bladder, but there might be a problem with it emptying inappropriately or something. (????) Or it could be an ulcer. I have the symptoms of several things, but not the side effects that usually accompany those symptoms. Who knows? I'm hoping they can schedule the endoscopy this week. For now, I'm feeling ok.

Weather has turned COLD again! Just when the snow was almost melted. Here we go again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: