BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, MARCH 27th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj_capli
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, MARCH 27th, 2014 Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING STRANGERS! It has been literately months since I have been able to post and say Hello to Everyone. Several of the months were my fault as I was deathly ill and in the hospital and these last few months because I could NOT get logged on. I have missed you girls and I bet I have missed a lot of news, so you girls will need to me a sort version of what has been going on in your lives! I know our Friends Vicki and Patti have been keeping you all updated on my life since last November til now and I really appreciate them doing that. I also want to Thank Vicki for finally getting through to the "Powers to Be" to find out why I haven't been able to log on the Forums. She went above and beyond her efforts and time to get me back here and I sincerely appreciate it!

Now a few words about my Health....For 2 months I was at Deaths door and it was touch and go for sometime. The doctors here in my hometown had gave up on me and said there wasn't anything they could do for me again and if I was ever brought back into the ER, I'd probably die! Matter of fact they called Hospice in to our home, with the idea to us that they were here only for Helping Jim take care of me. The doctors even my Family doctor want to put in a Permanent Track in to save my life and Jim and I decided then it was time to go back to Cleveland Clinic. After a big Ambulance ride there and 5 days in ICU, many tests and conversations with the Pulmonary Team there, it was decided my problem was as simple as my Bi-Pack and settings on it needed changed. Got that done and within a few says I started showing remarkable improvement. No major surgery to implant a stupid Track either! I was there for almost 2 weeks and then in home Nurses, OT and PT for a month and Still continuing the PT. OH yes one other very important thing the doctors in Cleveland told me was it was imperative that I loose a lot of weight. So far since the first part of February I have lost 64 pounds and have dropped 4 sizes in my clothes and feel like a new person! Jim and I are doing this by ourselves without help from anyone, No Diet But decided it was time to just live a Healthy Life style and so far it has paid off. I allow myself 1200 calories a day and eat what falls in the category of Healthy. Now every once in a great while we'll have a very small piece of Birthday cake or something like that. I keep a journal of everything we've eaten. how many calories and the amount of Sodium (Because of my water retention) I also keep STATS. on our Vital signs like weight, Blood pressure, sugar levels in my blood, which I have stopped taking my Metforium and my level numbers never go past 95, they are usually somewhere between 80 to 95 which is great, they don't like your numbers to be past 100! Went back to Cleveland for my 2nd office visit since being out of the hospital and got Gold Stars across the board. My CO2 levels (Blood gases in the brain and what usually caused me to black out and end up in ER because my levels were in the 80's or 90's and normal is 45) were at 49 and they were 67 when they released me from the hospital in January! My Lung function test was so much stronger and deeper...breathing deeper from the bottom of my Lungs and then seen the doctor and he was very pleased with how we have taken control of my life and lost so much weight. Said we should teach a class on how it's done ...we could be an Inspiration to others!That's about it on the health, except the wound on the bottom of my heel it's s o close to being healed the doctor there said this coming Friday my be my last appt..he could more than likely discharge me....YEA!
Other than my health, things have been about the same, playing with the Grandchildren everyday as Jim picks them up at school and this week they are on Spring Break! Tiffany has about 2 more months until she Graduates Cosmetology School, so she excited about that!Her and her Instructors and some of the class just got back from a Conference in NYC and she fell in love with the Big City and is going back in June. Her and Mat just finalized their Divorce and I was so hoping they would Reconcile. Tiffany said he doesn't want to grow in the marriage and plus he had an affair and she couldn't get past the trust issue with that in her heart! She's got a fancy high end Salon and Spa in Va that is interested in hiring her when she gets her License, not sure if Mat will allow her to move with the kids...I so have mixed emotions about that situation!
Well, I'm sure there's more to say, but I can't remember it right now. I have a full day planned with PT, Grandchildren and helping one with a Book report, cleaning and Laundry which I'll have everyone in the family helping, so that won't be bad at all. I'll be back on But it might be after dinner time, unless I get a break before that. It's good to be back! I have missed you all Hugs and Love Debbie (Use to be monkeybussiness)
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee, Debbie!!

What a blessing to see our work paid off! I'm out the door in a few minutes, so I'll check in later. Very Happy Very Happy

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dj_capli
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vicki, Yes now everyone will know about all the hard work you did to get my butt back on here. It kinda makes me sad though, because NOW I'm a New-B and lost my status as one of the Original group. Anyway, I DO appreciate all that you went through to get me so I could sign in and chat. Now only if I could see some smiling faces to talk to. I'm going to go do a Breathing treatment, then watch Hell's Kitchen and Am. Idol. So I'll bid you Vicki and all the others a very relaxing evening and I'll talk to ya later. Hugs Debbie
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Debbie!!!!
I didn't recognize you! You used to log in as "Monkeybusiness"!
I'm so glad to hear from you. Sounds like you're doing great too!
You lost so much weight... that's terrific. I'll bet it FEELS better too, huh?
So good to hear from you!
dj_capli
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martha, Yes, it's ME! I had a world of trouble getting signed in with the old Username and Password and even opened up a New one and it still didn't work and with much effort from VICKI and e-mails and phone calls, the problem finally got fixed. I missed you girls too! So happy to be back! I'll chat with you on the next days chat (Friday) which I'm getting ready to start! HUGS, Debbie aka monkeybusiness
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: