BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - April 5 & 6, 2014 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - April 5 & 6, 2014 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Rain turned to snow yesterday. However, I thought spring and purchased a new pair of casual, washable sandals. Today, I'm making the menu for next week.

In the northern peninsula where Carolyn lives, the snow is very heavy! Most places have another foot of snow on top of the snow they have.

PattiT - You are definitely ahead of us. A few crocuses and daffodils are part way up. The crocuses should bloom soon. Daffodils will be later. What a wonderful travel day for you and your husband!

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dj_capli
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning VICKI and OTHERS.....I've been up since 5 and been setting here trying to find some Healthy Ideas for Supper meals. I gained 2 pounds back over this past week, but I do believe it was water gain because I ate a few things that were high in Sodium and I have a problem with Water Retention. So back on track and no more Bacon or Sausage or a few Doritos either! Jim put down the Treadmill yesterday and he did a good 30 mins. on it, so that was good for him and he doesn't even need it, I on the other hand was lucky to do a long 5 mins! My endurance isn't as good as his, but hopefully today I can work up to a bit longer and the next day even longer! Today Jim and I are going to clean the house and do laundry. Seems like the hamper never stays empty too long and we have been putting off running the sweeper for a couple weeks now. I also have a lot of re-organizing in the back bedroom where the computer is, it seems to be the catch all room, so now that I'm feeling better, it's time to PURGE the unwanted or un-used things! All the rain we have had this past week has really brought out the Blooms on the Early blooming trees and the grass is starting to green up. It's beginning to look a little bit like Spring here. How about where you live?

**VICKI, Hope you have better luck with your Weekly menu than I am. Seems like everything I would like to fix is full of salt or calories. I did get a small piece of ham the other day because I was wanting a New England dinner...Ham, Cabbage and Potatoes. Reminds me of Comfort food and my Mom! Dag-gone-it food is so expensive anymore...I've been wanting a Chuck Roast for several weeks now and they are full of fat and way too expensive. I can usually get several meals out of a roast, but not these I've been seeing. Getting ready to do some Gardening with the purchase of your washable shoes? My Grandson Cody is already assessing the yard and shrubbery and what we are going to do to make it look nicer out there this year. He loves to do things like that. I told him if my health continued to do well, I would help him and so would Papaw!

I haven't been on most of the week, my legs are so swollen and fluids are oozing out of the cracks in the skin, so Jim has ask me set with them elevated more. It has help some but still look bad! Anyway I need to go back and read everyone's post for the week. Hope I haven't missed much!

Well things to do, so I had better get busy. I wish EVERYONE a BEAUTIFUL DAY! May something unexpectedly SPECIAL happen to YOU today! Hugs and LOVE!
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie, Vicki and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

I'd really wish you girls had the wonderful weather I'm having today. 64F, not too windy and no clouds. I'm on my way back by train from Leeuwarden to Leiden, attended 4 lectures and did some shopping. I bought ewe's cheese and "World Champion Soccer cheese". The Dutch have ditched Easter celebrations and are looking forward to the Soccer championships already. Well I'm prepared, I got the Cheese! Laughing
Vicki, the daffodils here already gave away to tulips in the fields and bumblebees are already hard at work. Sorry to hear you and Caroline are still being troubled by snow.
Debbi, I already started missing you again. Stick to the weight loss and exercise regime girl, it's the only way up. Glad to hear Spring is coming your way.
The connection in the train is terribly slow, so I'll be back later.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon everyone,

Called off today, was exhausted last night when I came home...still tired. Haven't had a good nights sleep since Wed. Hoping that with the relaxing day I had today maybe I'll be able to sleep better tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Ann

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

This morning it snowed for a while and made everything white again! Evil or Very Mad
Every time I see some grass peeking out.... it snows and covers it up. Mother Nature is just playing with my head!!

I am feeling much better today. The pain has died down to a dull ache. I'd better not say anymore or I'll jinx myself!! Still no word about the test. Ann - I had diverticulitis last year.. that's why they took out part of my colon, but this is something different. They are thinking some kind of ulcer or gastritis..... so basically it just something that is inflamed.... somewhere in my stomach. So last time it was the lower digestive tract and this time it's the upper tract. Whatever... just fix it!!

Pattit - It sure sounds like you had a fun day out and about with Hubby. I planted 80 daffodils last year.... but I don't see any sign of them yet. Crying or Very sad

Debbie - Sounds like your getting the urge to do some spring cleaning and organizing. Me too! I'm hoping I'll feel up to doing something this week. I had the floor replaced in one of my spare bedrooms (it's the one I call the "kitty room" because that's where I put their litter box and most of their toys and their food.) Now that is done, I want to paint and redecorate in there. I already bought the paint, so I'm just waiting to get motivated. I think the cats kind of LIKE it empty the way it is. They chase each other and play in there all the time now.

Fan - My goodness! You're back on the train going to more lectures and shopping? Do you ever stay home anymore, Lady? The weather you are having must be great for hanging out your laundry, huh? I'll bet it smells wonderful when you bring it in!

Ann - I hope you are sleeping better. Maybe after a couple of days on the meds and your body will get used to it. Just take it easy.

Well, hi to everybody else out there........
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Feel much better this morning, slept a little better, did wake up a few times but didn't open my eyes or look at the alarm clock.

Martha - have been on these meds since Tue...I feel like there is a war going on inside, sometimes I am so
COLD and then later I am so WARM.

We have some crocuses coming up. Went outside for about 10 mins yesterday to take pictures, man, that wind...it was chilly! Should have worn my knit hat out, did feel good to be out in the sun for a little bit.

Better get around here, need to clean up the kitchen floor.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a lovely Sunday Very Happy

My Sunday is kind of laid back. There's a so much needed drizzling rain falling down outside, but the temps are still high and comfortable though we are in for a cold spell later this week. I'm chilling out on the couch with Myo and fiddling around every so now and then.
Loaded up some new pics from last week. First ones are the dorm shopping by the youngest girls from the sorority dorm.

The second major event this week was the homecoming of baker's daughter little Maud from the NICU, celebrated with baby cupcakes at the bakery.

And finally the orange coloured World Championship Soccer cheese. Laughing Laughing

Ann-Marie, glad you are feeling somewhat better today! Are you off today?
Martha, I saw the laundry hanging out on the pavement up north yesterday Smile. That's still something I haven't tried out yet. This person obviously doesn't have a patio or backyard, so she used the pavement. But then she lives next to the police station, the yellow building, and I'm not. My laundry wouldn't be supervised by police officers.Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a gorgeous day today!! The temp is showing at 46º, sunny with blue sky. Smile Have been outside raking, wanted to get a lot of them up before we get the rain that they are calling for through the week. The leaves in the flower beds out back are still a bit frozen but did get most of them up.

Did take time to capture some crocuses:

Fan - yes, off today and tomorrow yet. Yesterday I called off, didn't feel good, laid around with the kitties all day.

Martha - I thought you told me you had diverticulitis before, couldn't remember 100% sure. My brain can be like a pea some days. Sad Hopefully they'll figure out what's going on soon.

Debbie - don't slide back now!! Keep up the good work!

Gonna go relax for a little bit then I might head over to the park and watch the sunset.

Later,
Ann

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: