BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - May 3 & 4, 2014 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - May 3 & 4, 2014 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Weather: Our drippy, rainy week ends this afternoon! I may visit Tulip Time either Monday or Wednesday morning!!

I had and will have a lot of family time this week: lunch with extended family, Holland to visit Adam and Melissa's family, Eric and Mary's family here for dinner, and today supper with my mother-in-law.

Yesterday I spotted a few items at a garage sale:
-- an old neck to knee apron that is cotton, heavy duty, and adjustable neck and waist,
-- old-fashioned (old and pretty), heavy potholders, and
-- a couple pieces of Tupperware.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Sat May 03, 2014 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Many of us had rain this week!!

Fan - I see you made Nasi on Monday. Mmmm! I certainly have not made it in awhile. Your pictures of "the orange" and bird houses are lovely. Smile You have National Liberation Day off, correct?

Ann - Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures, especially trillium. Sounds like your vacation is closer!! Smile

PattiT - How are your vacation plans? Your salads with grilled chicken sound delicious. How thoughtful that your husband brought home strawberries and a hanging basket!! Smile

Martha - Glad that you've been busy around the house and finished the kitty room. It's hard to believe that you haven't baked your weekly cookies! Smile

Wishing you blessings this weekend!
~~Vicki

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Sat May 03, 2014 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

The sun is shining, temps are a bit on the chilly side due to the wind from the northeast, but since the wind is not too strong it is actually very comfortable to be outside. I did a few groceries for me and my neighbour this morning, all in preparation of Liberation Day. Had a great lunch, which I call "your not so regular fish&chips" Laughing

The salad was made by me and the fish was done by the fishmonger Wink
Vicki, indeed I'm off on Liberation Day Very Happy . Sounds like you have a fun week ahead of you too. Is the Tulip Time held in Holland?

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - "Your not so regular fish and chips" look tasty!

Yes, Tulip Time is in Holland annually. Unofficially Tulip Time started Wednesday, officially it begins today (Saturday). I just remembered that one parade with Adam and Melissa's family is on Tuesday. Everyone who participates must be in official Dutch costume. We plan on setting our seats up late morning for parking and seat position. Very Happy

~~Vicki

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
Yes, we have rain too. But at the moment (Shhh!) the sun is actually out! I can not believe how fast everything is growing!! The grass already could use a cutting, but I think I'll let it go until it gets a little sturdier. I'm always afraid that when the ground is so saturated, the mower might just pull up the grass by it's roots.

I finally got the bed out of the garage and into the "kitty room". They LOVE it!! It's funny, I used to have a twin bed in there but it was kind of old, so I got rid of it. Now that the new full size bed is in there, they both sleep on it all the time... TOGETHER!! They never did that before.

My Mother's birthday was yesterday... she's 97 years old! Except that she can't get around very good (even with a walker) she has no medical problems at all. She doesn't take any medicine, isn't that amazing? I hope I got at least a few of her genes!

I'm excitedly looking forward to Tuesday when I am going to the annual Ronald McDonald Garage Sale. (It's actually Tues thru Sat) They have it in a big warehouse about the size of a Walmart and everything is arranged by dept like a real store. The prices are ridiculous... most things are $1-$2!! There are always some real finds. My daughter and I go together every year and she takes 1/2 day off from work to go. Not that I need anything... but I can't wait!

Vicki - Have fun at Tulip Time. Here in Rochester, we have the Lilac Festival in a few weeks. Big local attraction with a parade, a Lilac Queen and all kinds of music, food and arts-and-crafts. Every year, we have to just keep our fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate and make the Lilacs bloom at the right time!

Fan - Enjoy your Liberation Day! Your dinner looks yummy as usual. That's the only way I can eat fish - battered and fried. Love your fishy plate... how appropriate!

Well, let me get going.... the sun has gone and it's thundering now!! Sad
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a great Sunday Very Happy .

Martha, congrats on your Mum's birthday and her good health. She pretty much sounds like my grandfather living up to 102 without any medication.
Funny that the kitties do love the new bed in the kitty room. Myo does exactly the same thing.
Vicki, have fun in Holland. Funny to say cause I'm in Holland already Laughing
Ann-Marie, another few days and your on vacation. I'm counting down with you. Thursday I have to go up north for a conference at the University of Groningen and since that's kind of close to where my sis lives I'll stay over there for the weekend.
I kept my self busy today with cleaning kitchen equipment; coffee machine, fridge, chopping machine and my old Bamix. Everything checked and cleaned for summer. The only thing I still have to do is the laundromat. The last thing I'm gonna take care of today are the plants in the window-sill. They have to look at their best with all the people passing through my street tomorrow Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Martha - if I knew where I was going I would meet up with you & your daughter and go shopping with you. I love garage/yard sales...you just never know what you are going to find. Look at Vicki and the great finds she gets!! Lucky! Wink Smile

Fan - I have 4 working days to go...and an actual 5 days before I am on vacation. Very Happy I'll be zooming out of there Friday afternoon at 3:30!! LOL!!! Laughing

Was rainy here this morning, cleared up for a few hours so Jim and I ran over to Asbury Woods. We weren't in the woods 15 minutes and we had a quick shower move in. I did get some pictures of the flowers over there...Jim laughs, I can take a picture of every flower that's there! I love that place in the Spring. Felt good to get out and move around...can't stand much more of this being stuck inside - first snow and bitter wind, now it's the rain. But...it's good for people's wells especially if the Farmer's Almanac is correct for what it is saying this summer will be ----> hot and humid.

Better get around here, need to put a recipe on our list for May.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Ann-Marie, nice pics. Too bad you have to work tomorrow. My street and the adjacent ones will be turned into a huge garage sale. Laughing You should come over and have a look Wink .

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: