BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend May 10th&11th 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Weekend May 10th&11th 2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a brilliant weekend Very Happy

I'm still getting accustomed to farm life Laughing I got up at 5.30 am to see the sun come up and just about an hour later the clouds kicked in already. We are having weather alerts for severe rainfall and high winds for today and tomorrow.
I spent my morning checking upon the animals. The kittens are doing fine so far and there are not five, but six of them. We are a bit worried of mummy, she's very skinny and starts leaving the nest already. But I did make some pics of her and the kittens. Had a warm welcome from the stable ladies too Wink , but not for long, the grass was more interesting. Now I still need to check on the horse called "Queen Beatrix" Laughing
Ann-Marie, are you sleeping in today? Wink
Better finish my coffee and get ready for my audience with the queen. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I'm off to the Farmer's Market soon (early). Woohoo!!

Due to a local 5k and 25k run, many streets are closed downtown. Over 23,000 runners, and many 5/25k volunteers, family/friends, and broadcasters with camera men/women downtown to watch and broadcast. We are not going downtown, but many roads are closed.

In Holland, the town cryers compete this morning. Later this afternoon is the Musikparade. I am sure there are many more activities that I failed to mention.

Fan - I hope all works out with the kittens' mummy. How special that the horse is called Queen Beatrix. Smile

Ann - Vacation begins!! Smile

Leaving shortly,
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello strangers, sorry I haven't been posting much.
I have had bronchitis and the dr put me on some antibiotics that I had an allergic reaction too. He gave me Levaquin and it made my tendons in my legs quit working, My legs hurt so bad that I couldn't walk. They are still sore but not as bad as last weekend. The dr said that it causes tendon damage and I was lucky I wasn't on it any longer than 3 doses, because it could have been permanent. This dr isn't the one that prescribed. When I went to the first one my regular dr wasn't in, so I saw someone that I had never seen before. Hopefully I don't see him again. Last Saturday, we had a cancer benefit for a friend of Krys's so we took out our little concession trailer and set it up, but since I had been sick for a week with the bronchitis, I just went to supervise. We were the only food vendor so if we had bailed on it, there would not have been any food. My grandson Jimi and my nephew ran the grill and fixed hot dogs and hamburgers. We raised quite a bit of money for the girl. But that night my legs started hurting so bad and then I had really bad case of diarrhea that lasted all the next day. So I called the dr and told them about my problems and he said to stop the antibiotics and see a dr the next day. He told me to stay off of my feet for a few days. It has been a week now, Still having problems walking but not as bad. One of my grandsons Steven, graduated from high school last night, so we went to that, luckily it wasn't a really big school so it didn't last long. He was in the top of the class with a 3.0 gpa. This morning my son in law Marc is graduating from college, getting his Masters degree. I really wanted to go and see him, but it is in Cookeville and I don't think I could handle the ride.
Steven's was only about 40 miles away and I was worn out. Cookeville is about 150 miles.
Vicki Have fun at the farmer's market.
Fan, enjoy your farm life and all of your animals.
Hi Ann and everyone else that pops in for the weekend.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

My vacation has officially started!! Very Happy Very Happy Happy to get away from the hustle bustle for a while, needed some quiet time. Since the other two techs are pregnant won't be getting much of a vacation through the summer. The one is due in June the other in Sept.

Vicki - nice pics from the other day.

Fan - love that farm life!

grammdot - good to see you Smile and sorry to hear you've been having problems. Sad

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
Ann
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Yesterday it was 89°F!!!! Today it was around 70 until it started raining, now it's getting so chilly that I'm thinking of turning on the heat. Everything is growing like mad. My apple and cherry trees are all buds and almost ready to blossom! I still haven't mowed the lawn because now it's full of violets and I don't have the heart to cut them down.

Fan - Glad you're enjoying your visit with the family. I hope it doesn't rain the whole time you are there.

Ann - Yay! Vacation!! Take it easy and don't do too much. Take lots of pictures if you get out to the woods. Good news about your car!

Grammadot - That's awful about your problems with your legs. I hope you'll start feeling better.

Vicki - How was the Farmer's Market? I haven't been to our's yet. By the time I remember it's too late to go. They are only open until 2:00 or 3:00.

Happy Mother's Day everybody!!
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

I fell again last night....this time I fell onto the night stand with my sternum.
Bruised both my legs, hit my head on the br door causing my neck to hurt.
This is getting to be a bad routine. No one can figure out what's causing this to happen.

Going to hit the hay if I can......

Y'all take care......

nubbins1
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat/nubs - are you that weak that you are falling? Your legs give out?? Have you talked to the doc about this???

What a beautiful day yesterday!! Cleaned out the front flowerbed that we made years ago by the sidewalk, straightened the decorative stone border so that it's actually straight now. Planted Starflower bulbs, need to give them a good drink today. I mowed yesterday afternoon, glad I did, didn't realize how tall and thick it was. Will probably be mowing again over the weekend.

Crazy weather all this week...possible chances of rain or t-storms because it's to warm up today and tomorrow into the 70's, by the end of the week into the 50's. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Figures. Hoping it's nice Friday, want my sis to come up and spend the day with me, take her to the parks so she can see all the beautiful flowers.

Better get around here, gather stuff up then head out shortly.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great afternoon. Very Happy

I've been battling the storm and rain from the train and managed to get home Laughing The weather has been and is still awful. But despite of that farmlife has been wonderful Smile. I spent time with some beauties to be, I mean pay attention to those eyelashes.

The ducklings,

and then the new mum with her kittens.

It was hard to leave the kittens behind, I would have loved to bring two of them with me Rolling Eyes .
OMG Nubbins, do your doctors know about this? Please take care and do have it checked out.
Grammadot, congrats on the graduation and the masters degree. Sorry to hear about your problems with the antibiotics. Get well soon.
Vicki, my audience with queen Beatrix didn't go well. She didn't want her picture taken, so I left empty handed.
Martha, I'm dreaming about apple and cherry pies already. Did you do anything special for Mother's Day?
Ann-Marie, enjoy your time off. You can send the t-storms to me, I'll be in the office anyway Wink

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

I have been going to see the Dr. but they can't figure out what is causing it.

Yes my legs are weak but it feels more like I get dizzy & something actually pushes me down. The first time it happened I had fainted & hit hard.

Happy Moms' Day........

Fan: Precious calf-heifer or steer?

Take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: