BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, May 17th & SUNDAY, May 18th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, May 17th & SUNDAY, May 18th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

The sun was peeking out but now the clouds have covered it...it's going to be one of those days - cloudy, sunny...cloudy, sunny. That's ok as long as we don't get anymore rain. Need to mow the yard, has really grown since last week, all the warm weather and rain really made it grow plus the leaves have come out on the trees. The lilacs out back are gorgeous and the smell is divine! The temp is 42º. Ended up turning the furnace on for a little bit yesterday, was so chilly and damp in here. It rain again this morning too.

Fan - if the weather holds out today there will possibly be more pictures in the forecast. Very Happy Would like to go over to the Erie Bluffs park and see if anymore flowers have bloomed since all that nice weather we had had this past week.

Debating on if I want to wipe the kitchen down this morning then every thing down here will be cleaned for Spring. We'll see. Should take to long, did the wall with the cookbooks a month or so ago so won't have to move them again.

Going to get around here, see what I can get into while grass dries so I can mow later. Wink

Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great weekend Laughing

It's one of those weird days today. Bright and sunny, had to sit in the shade to avoid sunburn Laughing . Not 61F, but 65F. Did a very early batch of laundry, hanged it out in the sun to dry and it did dry like crazy. But when I was about to get it in, a bird had pooped right on the middle of one of my bed sheets. So that has to go with the second batch again tomorrow. I went out for smoked mackerel and I don't know how came home with smoked eel. But I'm still enjoying my lazy Saturday Very Happy
Ann-Marie, you weather sounds perfect for mowing. Having to mow in burning sun is no fun either.
I have some "brown" beans cooking, maybe for tonight's dinner. Better go and check on them. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

It's only 10.40 am here and the temps are already at 65F and will go up till 72F. Myo managed to pester me out of bed around 7 am already and then she went straight back into her bed back to sleep. I decided to camp out in the yard with fresh coffees and go through the magazines and papers I'd been ignoring for a couple of weeks. Took a break halfway for getting croissants at the bakery. It did declutter half of my dining table. Now I'm left with a pile of bills and charity requests to go through and kill time till the Leiden 5K run will pass through my street or I could take a short nap next to Myo on the couch. Either way I need another fresh cup of coffee first. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

Fan - sounds like a nice day to relax, enjoy that warmth! Smile

Had a busy morning yesterday. Wiped down the walls in the kitchen, took me 3 hours or so to do...lots of moving stuff around so I could get to the walls. Need to do the window, stove, cupboards and the shelf that Jim made yet, will do them tomorrow if it happens to be yucky out.

Have friends from down home coming today, will be good to see them. With the way we all work it's hard to get together. We are making rotisserie chicken and Roadhouse Potatoes (on the recipe post) and they are bring up a salad.

The weather is to be rather nice today, into the high 50's. Maybe we can take them to the park and show them the flowers.

Better get around here, need to go get a few things ready.

Later,
Ann

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: