BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, June 7ht & SUNDAY, June 8th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, June 7ht & SUNDAY, June 8th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

I actually got out of work at 2:30 yesterday, we sent two more critters home and we are down to 6. Shocked Finished stocking and cleaning the beds, asked if I could leave early, the charge didn't think it would be a problem. Was nice, didn't have to fight the (Friday) 3:30 traffic on the way home. Smile

You won't believe this, seen another accident on the way to work yesterday. Busy intersection too. Had to have a cop let me out onto the main road. Someone tried to beat the traffic and they didn't make it. Sad It didn't look horrible bad but the driver's side door was all caved in.

Off today and tomorrow...happy about that. Have nothing planned so whatever I do today will be spontaneous. Very Happy

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a fantastic weekend Very Happy

I started the day sunny and comfortably warm with breakfast on in the backyard. Newspaper and fresh coffee at 7am. No household chores, no grocery runs apart from the bakeries Wink
Then after opening the pet shop at nine, I needed my sun block. It was gradually getting hot and we fled to have coffee in the shadow on the pavement. By noon the clouds came in and the very promised hot weather with temps way above 80F didn't come true. And now I'm sitting indoors checking the forecasts and trying to sort out my own forecast out of the contradicting ones on the internet and the radio Evil or Very Mad
Ann-Marie, just crazy those people who are trying to beat the traffic just to gain five minutes time. What really angers me about them is that they endanger other people's lives too. Have fun today.
Vicki, what was I to do with my shortened office day yesterday? There was a hairdresser at the hair salon in need of my money and hair Laughing . And I wanted my groceries stocked up for Pentecost and the forecasted warm weather. Wanted to have everything done before cocktail time last evening. It was so nice sitting outside sipping cocktails, snacking on fresh pineapple and enjoying the comfortable evening temperature.
PattiT, how did Madison's game go? I made my self a lazy dinner too last night. I only fried the köfte, took some ready made potato salad and added fresh veggies.

Think I'm going to take a nap with Myo on the couch for an hour, she's soo totally ready for that Laughing . TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - so far I've cleaned the bathrooms and have done several loads of laundry. Exciting, aren't I?!! Laughing Very Happy Really do need to head out and do some errands. I see that many of your cities have t-storm warnings out. Funny how fast the weather can change in an instant.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, I pretty much have an other idea of spontaneous activities Laughing And speaking of an instant change of the weather, it looks like the sun is coming back for another few hours Very Happy. The T-storms probably will come over this evening.

知人者智,自知者明
dj_capli
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING, WARNING....LONG POST...GET YOURSELF A CUP OF COFFEE!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOOD SATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE.....Setting here with a sweater on and a light weight throw over my legs, for some reason I'm freezing! Even turn the AC up so it wouldn't turn on! Speaking of the Air Conditioner I must tell a short story about the Good Hearted People in the World! Last year the AC stopped working and we called the repairman. he said it has a small leak that he could NOT get to, put some Freeon in it and said he doubted that would last long and we needed a whole new unit, charged us almost $300 and left. The cool air lasted a few days and we were without the AC all summer. Well this year when we had those real war, days no AC to cool down the house we had some friends Darryl and Judy stop over to visit and we apologized for the house not being comfortable and cool and Judy said you have no AC? No it stop working last summer and we need to get it replaced. Well Darryl said, "If you don't mind I have a friend that goes to church with us that does work on AC could I call him and see if he'd take a look at it?" So the next day here he was with his friend and Jim and the guys went down to the basement it check it out.I was asleep during all this, so I don't know how long they worked on it, but evidently the Darryl had to leave because of a meeting he had, then here come Jim and the AC guy up out of the basement. Jim had ask him about the bill and he said don't worry about it, Darryl ask for it. Bless his heart he took care of the bill for us. Before we ever meant his wife Judy, she would send over the BEST Homemade Vegetable Soup ever....well besides my Mom's. Matter of fact it taste so close to my Mom's I told her when I eat her Soup, it's like I have my Mom setting right next to me. She loved that compliment. Anyway, I guess the point of these long story and why I felt the need to write about it is Jim and I have been Blessed to have so many Kind and Loving People in Our Lives. Whether they are Family or Friends, God seems to know when we need a Hug or an Xtra Prayer said or to have the AC fixed because my COPD wouldn't tolerate the real heat this summer. Jim has had a few little health issues and we prayed about them and everything turned out OK! I keep telling Jim that God has a Plan for Us and He does for Everyone...ya just need to Trust Him and Believe! As for me, well I'm Still a work in Progress. I told Jim I was getting tired of feeling old, but then I realized I AM Old! Well older than the 30 that I want to feel...LOL! I still have my Sense of Humor and I know that there are ALOT of people in the world so much more sick than me. I Praise God for ALL He has done for me and will work hard to make sure I carry through my part of getting better. For instance my weight lose has leveled off some, still losing but no where near as quickly! Of course the scales don't take in account for my water retention and this seems like 3 pound wrap I have on my right leg for Lymph nodes being clogged..hense the water retention! Anyway all is well here, got to play with the Grandchildren a few Xtra days and I so enjoy that. I'm checking out all the Fun things to do and Crafts for kids I have pinned from "Pintrest" to see what all we want to do this summer...plus things like go to the park, go on a picnic, things like that! It'll be a good summer! Lots around the house to do, inside and out, want to start on the outside first though. Told Jim I want out hose to have a nice Curb appeal like it use to. Well I guess I had better get going and get this day started, I've goofed off way too long. It'll be time to get these legs elevated , which means a nap, for some reason I can not recline myself in that recliner without falling asleep! Go figure! Anywho, I want to wish you ALL Beautiful day and remember I think of EVERYONE all the time! Take Care and Hugs and Love to you ALL! XOXO
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie, great to see you posting again. I loved to read your chapter Smile . Okay the weight loss has leveled off, but stick to healthy eating habits. In the end it will pay off. Hang in there. Glad you get to play some extra time with the grandkids.
I'll be playing with kids and reptiles tomorrow at the local horse stables. Smile My neighbour is going to put up a stand where kids can have their pic taken with one of the scary animals. Looks like I will be taking the pics. Need to get up very early too. Might as well tuck in early cause last nights cocktails still seem to be in my head. Wink See you all somewhere tomorrow.

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey strangers, I started typing up a post the other day and had long one like Debbie does and touched something on my stupid touch screen wrong and I all disappeared!! UGH! Sometimes I hate this laptop.
I have still been having trouble with my legs not wanting to wok right. I went to an orthopedic dr at Vanderbilt on Monday and she did an xray and saw my chipped bone on my ankle that I sprained a couple years ago. Then set me an apt for an MRI on Friday. I had that done and waiting for the results, I have an apt to go back to see her on Thursday. This week has been a busy one. Jim had 3 days of appts at the VA, one on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. So had to go to Nashville every day this week except Wednesday for drs appts. But Krys and I went there on Wednesday for a Tracy Lawrence concert, then went to the YMCA to get in the sauna and the pool for awhile. Made me feel better for a little while. I was exhausted by the end of the day though. Of course we stayed at Krys's for the whole week.
Fan-have fun playing with the kids and reptiles, sounds like fun.
Debbie- good to see you back on here. Glad you go your ac fixed. And I also love to read your chapters. LOL
Ann-People are crazy when it comes to driving in traffic. I hate to go to Nashville, and every day we had to go this week, the trip back home was in the afternoon during rush [slow] hour. We saw one wreck on the way back but was surprised that was all.
Hi to everyone else that stops in.

We went to the grocery store on Friday morning to get some good deals, and I used the regular cart instead of the wheelchair, because I was using my coupons and needed to put them in the top as it is hard to sort them when you have t guide the wheelchair. Anyways I was so tired by the time I got 3/4 of the way through, I just barely got the rest of the shopping done I needed. I did manage to save $92.00 and spent $127.00. I thought that was worth it. We came back home yesterday.
There was a lot of storm damage in our area, but we didn't get much in our yard, thank goodness. Just a lot of debris in the yard from the small spring that comes of off the hillside. Limbs and gravel mostly. Jim has to go and clean it up before he can mow again.
Here is a picture of my new great grandson that is due later this month. It is amazing how detailed the ultrasounds are now.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great Sunday Very Happy

Wow Grammadot, that pic is fantastic. I bet you have a hard time waiting for the baby to be born and check out the details of this picture Laughing . Sorry to hear you still have problems with your legs, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Thursday.
I went out to the local stables today, it all started kind of slow due to the grey and muggy weather,

but by noon the sun started her own show and it got blistering hot. I felt sorry for the horses,

our snakes and bird spiders on the other hand got active enough to attract attention. One snake even got kind of naughty Laughing

Some people got overheated and chose a quick fix in the ditch.

And when we headed home the world looked so much sunnier than this morning.

I wish you all could have been here to see our windmills in the late afternoon sun.
Tomorrow I'm still off and it may become another hot day with T-storms in the afternoon. Might make it a lazy day Wink

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, Fan it is hard waiting for him to get here. He is my first biological great grand child. My daughter's step daughter has 2 little boys too. but I hardly ever see them. We had a shower for them a couple of weeks ago. They got a lot of cute things. They are decorating his room in fishing stuff. It looks pretty cute. My niece is also due around the same time as my grandson. They are having a shower for her next Saturday. I hope I feel like going.
Nice pictures, looks like fun, Jim and I made a Walmart run a little while ago, I am worn out now, so going to take a nap. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: