BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, TUESDAY, June 24, 2014 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, TUESDAY, June 24, 2014 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I have been on the run this morning. The final stop was to locate baby shower gifts for my niece’s baby shower on Saturday from Melissa and me… no pink desired. Smile Melissa can’t join me, because her sister-in-law has a shower the same day.

I thought the humidity was going to drop today. It seems to feel Michigan is it permanent home… unless the rest of you have it, too. And, we’re having more rain… not originally in the forecast!

Tonight, we’ll enjoy macaroni salad with something cooked on the grill accompanied by pineapple/blueberries for dessert. Cool food for a warm day. Smile

Ann
– Are you working today?

Fan
– What joy to see the Dutch win yesterday!

Greetings to all who pop in!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Vicki and everybody else hopping in, have a fantastic day Very Happy

Vicki, it was awesome after all. But till half time it was almost boring and I think the whole country was expecting a draw. The second half was much better and much more exciting. The aftermatch has been played hard in the pubs. And as a result it was very quiet in the office today Wink .
Funny how baby showers all seem to happen at the same time in family groups. Luckily no pink desired Laughing My grandma usuallly picked out a shade of green that easily could be combined with pink and blue Smile
I called the contractor today for some roof repairs, he told me it would take them about five hours to get it done. So I told him I'd ask time off from the office for it, but he asked me to call back tomorrow, cause they may not need me hanging around. My neighbour offered to help me out and keep an eye on proceedings instead.
Myo is doing pretty well after yesterdays surgery, she's gradually starting to go for the cat nibble again.
Grammadot, how's your leg doing?
How's everybody else today?

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vicki and Fan, I hope you are having a nice day. By now Fan will more than likely be home.
It has been some crazy busy times once again, leaving early in the morning and getting home within about an hour of hour bedtime. I am glad to have time to breath, and perhaps get some things done around the house.
Madison is done with softball until the middle of July (a make-up game.)
She is into competitive swimming now. She has practice 4 nights a week and them meets on Saturdays mostly. It is nice that we were able to go to so many of her sports events.
Gary took me to get a haircut yesterday, I kept my eyes closed so I wouldn't get hair in my eyes..............big mistake! She cut my hair so short it won't even lay down. Eeeek! I told hubby perhaps it will look okay by vacation, in August!
We went to a local farm and got some cabbage, kohlrabi, yellow squash, strawberries, asparagus and I am sure sure things I have already forgotten. I wanted to get some corn but it was over a dollar an ear and local cherries were $7.50 a quart. Both too rich for my blood.
Hubby made some breaded pork chops for dinner and I made creamed potatoes and sugar snap peas (that was one of the things I forgot that we bought at the farm.)
**Vicki, I bet you had fun selecting a gifts for the baby shower. That is always something I have enjoyed. I am on my I-pad and can't go back and look at posts so I hope I am not forgetting something important.
**Fan, I can only imagine the celebrations that must have been happening for the soccer games. I hope you and Myo did not party too hard! I am glad Myo is doing well with recovering from having teeth pulled.

My son Nick called, he went for his scans again today and they said he is cancer free and doesn't need to come back for six months. It is fantastic news!

Gotta go for now, have a great evening every one.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Sorry I have been not posting much. been very busy with my dad in and out of the hospital he had a blockage in his artery in his leg had a stent put in. his feet are swelling from circulation problems had a big sore on his foot from it. ben going thee every day to check on him tom he goes to the dr again. he is at home but cant be left alone so my family has been doing lots of running. he has home health care there every day as well. .
Patti I cant believe the corn is that high walmart up here has it for 15cents a cob and the cherries were 300 a pound and I thought that was a lot. just thought I would check I been busy with my dad sitting and babysitting . have a great day

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn, it is so nice to see you posting here. The cherries are so high because the weather here made almost all the sour cherry crop be a total loss, I was upset that just because of that they were charging the same for sweet cherries which were unaffected. The corn took a lot of special care to have it this early in the season that is why they were asking so much for it, I will just wait for it to be in season.
Sorry to hear that your dad is having such a time of it. I guess that does make for a lot of traveling. I hope you get some good news from the Dr. tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: