BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, June 26th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, June 26th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We are up to 11 critters and we are still waiting for one that will be rather sickly when it gets there. Sad Amazing the sets of twins we've been receiving!!

PattiT - do you ever think that some day you might be watching Madison on TV at the Olympics?? I've often wondered since she has been breaking her own records.

Martha - HA! We've had rain almost every day this past week, I haven't had to water any of my flowers for almost two weeks. Crazy weather.

Fan - have they started working on your roof? That's a big expensive job. The people that owned this house before us had to put a new roof on, a tree branch had fallen on the roof and back porch. Those are the trees that I had taken down years ago.

Better get around here, need to gather a few things up and head in.
Today is a short day. Smile

Later,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

What a wonderful day! We have a break in the humidity for one day. I’m baking Banana Blueberry Bread this morning, several small loaves.

Tomorrow, my son will put the air conditioner in. We have survived well without it until now. More humid temperatures in the 90’s are arriving this weekend. About 30 miles east from the lakeshore had major thunderstorms again. How unusual! (A blessing for those who are camping at Lake Michigan.)

((Carolyn)) – What love you are sharing as you take care of your dad.

Ann – Our yard certainly is not fighting a drought, either. Smile So thankful that the critter count is increasing!

Fan – The USA vs. Germany starts at noon today. Will you be home from work?

Martha – We have too much shade now for a garden... trees from every neighbor have grown. What are Sarah and Jim growing in each of their gardens?

PattiT – What a true blessing that Nick was received that wonderful news. Did you get the forecasted rain?

Wishing you a blessed day!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, Vicki and everybody else, have a great day Very Happy

My office is hot and the weather is bright and sunny. I'm almost falling a sleep behind my computer. Somehow the coffee can't perk me up either. And the work piled on my desk only makes me wanting to run away Wink
Ann-Marie, glad the critter count goes up slightly. I'm still having my fingers crossed. The roof work isn't that big, mainly small maintenance and replacement of a few tiles.
Vicki, I'll be home by then, may miss the very start. But count me in watching Laughing
TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning girls. We got our forecasted storms. The lightning and thunder were pretty scary, but the garden and lawn got some much needed rain. It did really beat down my daisies!
Laundry is being done and I am going to bake a loaf of bread for egg sandwiches for dinner that is about all I have planned for today. After all of the being on the run everyday these kinds of days are much enjoyed.
**Ann, great news about the critter count! Hopefully that will mean no more cutting of anyone's hours.
Madison is making a lot of money from us for swimming. We give her $5.00 for coming in first and $10.00 for breaking records. I try not to think of college scholarships or the Olympics, she already puts so much stress on herself to win.
**Vicki, we have been having 90 degree humid days for a couple of weeks now, so our air conditioner has been on for quite a while now. I am really hoping we get a couple of more days where we can keep the windows open. Seems like we never get enough of those days. I will be baking a loaf of whole wheat sourdough bread. Banana bread sounds real good also. I have been thinking about making a loaf of pumpkin bread for something different for hubby to take in his lunch.
**Fan, I will probably end up watching the soccer match today, even though hubby is at work. Should we have cocktails with our soccer game? The local brewery sent me an e-mail saying their beer of the week is a German hefe wizen. They were sure to say that they will be flying american flags and cheering on the American's even if it is with German beer.
It is good to hear that it isn't any major repairs that are needed on the roof.
I hope everyone has a terrific day and that Martha and Carolyn post more often, it is always nice to get posts from those that have drifted away.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, no cocktails. But the German Hefe wizen [Weissbier] would be very nice. Couldn't find it in my local supermarket though, and since I was having Thai curry with rice I went for the Radler [Lemon beer]
Sorry THE GERMAN [Klinsmann] didn't win but the GERMANS. However no problem this time, they are both through to the next round and may meet again Wink

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan, I did watch the soccer match, even though we didn't win we still move on. I have to admit I never watched soccer before, so I was a bit lost. I couldn't believe when the soccer player ran into the referee. You would think that the referees would make sure that didn't happen.
Ooooohhhh I used to drink a lemon beer when I lived in Germany and I loved it! So refreshing!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: