BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, FRIDAY, June 27, 2014 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, FRIDAY, June 27, 2014 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

My son came and went bringing the air conditioner upstairs. I had fun playing with my granddaughter, and watch her walk as she is holding something for support.

I'm also back from my errands, topped with three garage sales. One of the items I located was an old scissors for 25 cents, which reminds me of scissors my grandma might have received from her mom.

Soccer: The Dutch play the first game on Sunday, and the Americans play the second game on Tuesday. Wishing blessings on both teams. Smile

As the temperatures climb the grill is scheduled for use... we're grilling more frequently. Karl has really enjoyed pork chops on the grill.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicki and everybody else, have a smashing Friday Very Happy

All calm and quiet at this side of the pond, no soccer, no excitement. Just groceries, cleaning, office and chilling out with Myo. Laziness for dinner with French fries and chicory salad. Tomorrow is laundry day.
Vicki, Sunday is our soccer match against Mexico Wink I'm stocked up with convenience food and beer already Laughing Tuesday will be USA vs Belgium and I'll be watching that one too, but with mixed feelings. The Belgian team is the team of a friend of mine. And I used to be on their side too when we were at college. Have fun memories of watching the matches with her, well supplied with Belgian beers, snacks and our Classical Chinese textbooks. I think I'm gonna give her an e-mail and ask her what beer to get for the match. Wink
PattiT, is there no Lemon beer in the States? Don't forget to get some Belgian white beer for Tuesday's match Laughing
Ann-Marie, are there enough critters to work through the weekend?

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, lots of errands for me today. I was really glad when I was done with them. Got home and put 3 racks of ribs in the oven so we just have to slather them with barbecue sauce and put them on the grill tomorrow. When they were done I baked some cookies to take along. When it cools a little I will go out and shuck corn. We are having a pool party after Madison's swim meet tomorrow. My sister-in-law will be coming but she said she wouldn't be able to make it to Madison's swim meet.
Hubby is going to the Quicken Loans National Golf tournament on Sunday. None of our sons wanted to go this year. Our nephew and hubby's good friend are going so they should have a good time.
**Vicki, aren't grandchildren wonderful? They can bring such joy. I am glad that your son was able to come put your air conditioner in for you and Karl.
What a great find with the scissors. I rarely go to yard sales because people put out junk around here.
**Fan, funny you should mention the chicory, Danielle had chicory in her box of fresh garden goodies and she wasn't sure what to do with it. I have never seen the beer like we drank in Germany, I thought I remembered the name of it but I was wrong. Oooooh I do like Belgian beers. Where I live we have a stupid law that you can only buy beer by the case so we rarely get special beers, we are afraid if we don't like it we will be stuck with a whole case.

Time do eat dinner so I will say good bye for now,

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening, Friends!

What an afternoon! Karl had so injured his ring finger that his wedding ring was cut off!! This is a blessing, though... he is not losing his finger. He will get it soldered once his finger is healed.

Fan - Say "Go, Belgium!" I won't be hurt.

PattiT - I don't go to garage sales frequently, because "the stuff they have, usually is not the stuff I need." OR, items are so expensive, because they are considered rare. You have a such a fun weekend planned.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: