BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humpday July 2nd 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Humpday July 2nd 2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a great day Very Happy .

Sorry, you didn't get the victory you deserved yesterday Sad . I couldn't watch the whole match, both teams worked hard and the USA the Belgians at bay for a long time. Yet in the end I suppose, the Belgians having more match experience knew how to turn things their way.
Today is still relatively cool, but we are in for two steamy hot days at the office with thunderstorms on Friday Laughing Tomorrow the yearly high tea will take place in the garden. We are asked to wear some orange accents on our clothing, because of the soccer victories. Apart from flipflops and an old t-shirt I have nothing in orange Laughing .
Better get back to my files. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Fan - Congratulations on the Belgian win! Do you plan on wearing your orange flip-flops? How hot is it expected on your steamy days?

I don't have many unusual plans for today. However, I am enjoying the cooler, less humid weather here with temperatures in the 70's and 80's.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

We had t-storms here last night, lots of thunder and lightning some hard rain too. After the hot few days we could use and my flowers needed a good drink.

The little neighbor girl has been coming over and sitting on our front porch to read, can hear her reading to herself. Smile Went out on the deck and she came over, sat out on the deck with me for a little bit. Was non-stop talk. Very Happy Feel bad for her, there isn't a lot of younger kids in the neighborhood that she can play with.

Need to get around here and finish up dusting upstairs.

Later,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning girls. Another hot and humid day here. Madison has a swim meet this evening that we will be going to. We will have leftovers for dinner and then off to the meet.
Darryl and Ann invited us to a pool party on Friday, last night we talked over the menu. It started out as another couple and us and now it has grown to maybe 30 people!!
We noticed last Saturday that their diving board had developed a crack across it, we have been checking out prices and of course they are expensive. I think we may help them with the cost of it, we are afraid of Madison getting hurt. I think the diving board is the only thing that has not been replaced and it definitely lasted a long time. Too bad things don't last forever, ha ha.
We got some nice downpours yesterday, I had noticed that the flower beds were looking in need of a good watering so that helped that.
I picked 3 yellow squashes yesterday and had them for lunch.
**Fan, have fun at your high tea. Did you go with the orange flip flops? Meatloaf sounded like a good idea with your ingredients.
**Vicki, I think that is the weather we were supposed to get on Friday, of course every day that creeps up a little higher?!
**Ann, I heard thunder here but nothing too close. That is cute that the little lady likes sitting on your porch to read. I bet she really appreciates having you to talk to. With school being out she might be lonely otherwise.
Have a great day everyone!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - yes, she is lonely...and she's grounded. Sad That doesn't help. Was funny, she went from one story to another yesterday. Smile
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm getting bored, no soccer today. Luckily there's still Wimbledon to watch Laughing
But even better, something for you to melt away Cool

A former apprentice boy at the pet shop found them abandoned, maybe on purpose or Mama cat got into severe trouble. They were about two or three days old when he found the four of them. He took them home and did the utmost to keep them alive, which is quite an achievement since he's slightly autistic and has difficulties keeping up with the regular school requirements. They are about nine weeks by now and will be going to the vet's for their first vaccinations next week. I would have adopted one or two, if it wasn't for Myo being so jealous Rolling Eyes
Vicki, hot means over 75F which usually goes with high humidity levels. Friday we are going to have 82F
PattiT, the high tea is tomorrow Smile But I'd rather hang out at your pool. And orange flip flops at the office with two serious meetings scheduled is not a good idea Laughing
Ann-Marie, poor little girl. Grounded for what?

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - losing her glasses. Sad

Went to Asbury Woods this morning, walked for a few hours...mostly in Walnut Creek. Felt so good to get in and walk, splash around a little bit. Took 125 pictures!! Shocked Cool

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youch. I feel for her. I used to break or loose my glasses very often too as I child. Wink Needed a new pair almost every 6 months for the first couple of years.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left my glasses in my gym class, had to go without them for the weekend. Oops.
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
Hot and muggy here. Temps in the low 90's!! That's so unusual for this early in the summer, usually it doesn't get that hot until August. They keep saying chance of a thunderstorm, but all we've gotten was the thunder part of it.

In the attempt to discover things I can cook without turning the oven on.... I've discovered pirogies! If there's anyone who's never had one, (I'm probably the only person on earth, huh?) they are like raviolis stuffed with herbed mashed potatoes. I sauteed them in butter until they were golden and served them with steak and broccoli. Yum!! I think I'll put them on my regular rotation since I have trouble keeping potatoes from sprouting at this time of year. Even Jim liked them.

Not much else going on.... I'm hoping it will not be so hot tomorrow (or raining) so I can mow the lawn.

Aldi's had a sale on fruit so I bought strawberries, blueberries, bananas, mangoes, cherries and pineapple!! I chop up a handful of each and mix in a container of yogurt. I have been eating it every chance I get... it's so refreshing and yummy!

Fan - Awww, the baby kitties are so cute! How could you resist? I guess Myo is the boss, huh?

Ann - That story about the girl who comes to visit you is so sweet. It's so nice of you to be her friend.

Pattit - A new diving board? That really sounds expensive!! What are ya going to do, right? It would be awful if it broke! They are probably made of fiberglass, aren't they?

Hi to everybody else! Any plans for 4th of July?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: