BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday and Sunday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Saturday and Sunday Reply with quote

We are off to a swim meet in a few minutes. After that we are occupying Madison and her friend so that AnnMarie and Darryl can celebrate her birthday. We probably won't be home until late so I thought I would pop in now.
Yes Fan we will probably spend the afternoon and evening in the pool. I hope everyone has something enjoyable on their list of things to do!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I made it to the Farmer's Market for beans (green and yellow), Rainier cherries, currants, honey rock melon, leaf lettuce (a couple varieties), and sugar snap peas. The melon is cut and ready for refrigeration. And, plenty of vegetables purchased and already at home for stir fries. Mmmm! Now, I'm back on the go. Smile

Fan - Do trucks normally get stuck on those bridges? I plan on listening to the Dutch game today. Are you planning to listen/watch them, too?

PattiT
- Sounds like you have a fun day planned!

Greeting to all!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

Vicki, I'm watching the match right now and we are having two nil. Laughing . And no usually trucks don't get stuck that way. We have different types of trucks, some small and short, other less wide and of course the big ones. The first two are specifically for the small and narrow streets in the inner cities. This one was less wide, but had a regular length, which was too much for the steep bridge. This driver probably never had to tackle the steep bridges of Leiden before.
PattiT, have fun at the pool.
I had a wonderful evening with dinner and cocktails outside on the pavement in front of my house. In the midst of all the other eateries in my street we had a private dining. Laughing .
Babette, your wedding is going to be pretty soon already, are you getting nervous? Any chance of things slowing down a little bit after October?

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Dutch won 3 to 0! Very Happy

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, congrats Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...having an awful time with this site and it's getting worse. I'll be reading posts and all of a sudden the connection fails. Confused

Went over to the neighbors for a picnic this afternoon...was fun, the kids are entertaining. Smile Ate too much! Very Happy Lots of food...I took over the fixings for s'mores.

Hope everyone has a nice evening,
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. We are back home at our own house now. We came back on friday. It is kind of hard getting around in here with a wheel chair, it is too crowded.
I should have moved things around a little more before I left. We went to an auction yesterday that had building supplies. It was a metal and lumber company that had some overstock. We bought a couple bundles of 2x4's to use for the remodel project. We are going to go back and buy some roofing in the sizes we need, They had some in the sale, but it was already cut and bundled for orders and the customers didn't pick it up or it was the wrong color or something. It didn't have a warranty on it if we bought it at the auction it either so we will pay full price and have a 25 yr warranty on it.
After the auction we went to WM to pick up a few things we needed, and I was exhausted after that, so we came on back home. I wish I could get in the kitchen and do some baking and cleaning, but it is so hard to get around in there, I have to wear this cast for about 3 more weeks, then go to a boot for another month I think.
Jimi and Tayler brought home the baby on Thursday. He is so cute. They are both doing well.

I made this collage for them the other day.

Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of Bob passing away. It is hard to believe it has been that long. I tried to forget what the date was yesterday, so didn't get on the computer very much. But it didn't help that much.
I hope you all have a good weekend.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a rocking Sunday Very Happy

It's another half an hour to go for the final match Germany versus Argentina and today I pictured the last hic-ups of our orange lion on my walk through the city. Wink

It's over for another two years.
I noticed a funny advertisement at the bus stop telling me that every man wants a sixpack and that they know why they want it.

Obviously not, as a woman I'd rather see a different kind of sixpack coming into my house. Wink
And a fashion shop has another brilliant idea to reduce the average household size,
Grammadot, watch your babies or you may find them back in the circus Laughing. You made a really beautiful collage for Jimi and Taylor. Glad they are doing so well. As for the wheelchair, hang in there. Keep looking forward, in about three weeks you are done with that.
Ann-Marie, sounds like you have been feeding your sweet tooth. Laughing I ate too much spareribs last night and washed it away with bramble berry daiquiris Wink
I saw a butterfly on my way back from the city, but he/she didn't want to open up her wings for me. I could only catch it with closed wings.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are watching the soccer, Germany 1, Argentina 0 in overtime, it is getting really exciting. Go Deutschland!! Woo hoo they won!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{Grammadot}}}}} - I know...time flies right by, doesn't it?!! Sad Wish I could give you a big hug.

We went to Elk Creek and walked around for a little bit. Took 79 pictures but half of them didn't turn out, was too windy and, of course, I was trying to take pictures of flowers. Smile I did find 4 or 5 new ones to add to my journal.

Jim went to get us some pizza, walking in the water makes me hungry!

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the day,
Ann

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: