BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend July 26&27 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Weekend July 26&27 2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, wakey wakey and have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Today it's really beautiful, sunny and warm, but not so hot and mucky anymore. I don't have to nap away the heat anymore and wait till evening before getting alive. My laundry dries brilliantly in the yard, my groceries are done and I'm left only with the bills and a dining table that badly needs decluttering. I bought my self some Frisian cookies [dúmkes] while I was passing the Frisian bakery on my newspaper round.
Ann-Marie, lots of strength today.
Everybody else, have a great day. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Susie came up to visit with me yesterday. We went over to OH to the beach, stopped at the concession stand, had hot dogs & onion rings. Walked in the water for a little bit, found some beach glass. Came back, jumped in the shower then headed down to Church. Was a nice service.

Stopped at the cemetery on the way back...had a hard time, always do.

Supposed to get severe storms today - lots of wind, possible hail too.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning, Fan, Ann, and anyone else that stops in today.
We have been having work done on the house. Jeanna has been painting the front of it and replacing a few boards. Ira is going to start on the new roof later this week. It is starting to look a lot better. We still have a lot more work to do around the back and inside, but it will get done eventually.

Ann- I know it is hard at this time of the year. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Fan-hope you have a good day too.
Here is a closer picture of the new paint job,
[img]good morning, Fan, Ann, and anyone else that stops in today.
We have been having work done on the house. Jeanna has been painting the front of it and replacing a few boards. Ira is going to start on the new roof later this week. It is starting to look a lot better. We still have a lot more work to do around the back and inside, but it will get done eventually.

Ann- I know it is hard at this time of the year. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Fan-[/img]

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{Grammadot}} - thank you.

While my sis was here Willow didn't go and hide, actually stayed in the same room with us. Smile My sis is soft voiced and a couple of times Willow went over to her and rubbed up against her legs...she watched Leo and my sister petting him, guess she figured Sis wasn't a threat. Very Happy

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a fantastic Sunday Very Happy

Grammadot, that's really a wonderful picture. Especially that person who looks to be napping in the wheelchair on the porch Laughing . That pic is priceless Wink But indeed the house will look fantastic with a new coat of paint and a new roof.
Ann-Marie, glad to hear it was a nice service.
I had nice and cooler weather just for one day, today is hot again. I used the cooler hours early this morning to finish of my newspaper round and to do some cooking. I made a batch of Chicken Moambe. With a bit of rice and a different vegetable each time, it will make 4 meals without spending a lot of time behind a hot stove next week.

知人者智,自知者明
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: hi all Reply with quote

Been a busy week for me after last weeks camping with my mother in laws funeral, going to her house to try to organize a few things, running about every day someplace today I visit my dad whos not well and go to my neighbors to pick raspberries. never a dull moment .

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanmajie wrote:
Hi everybody, have a fantastic Sunday Very Happy

Grammadot, that's really a wonderful picture. Especially that person who looks to be napping in the wheelchair on the porch Laughing . That pic is priceless Wink But indeed the house will look fantastic with a new coat of paint and a new roof

LOL!! I think I was talking to Jeanna, who is on the balcony. But it does look like I am napping.
{{{Carolyn}}}}
Ann- you are very welcome. My mom has been gone for 10 1/2 years and I still miss her every day. I don't live close to where she is buried though, She was in AR, so we haven't been to her grave since then. My step father just passed away last week there, but we were not that close to him, plus I just had this surgery too, My step brother did just let my other sister know that they found a bunch of my mom's pictures so she is getting them so we can have copies made.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot - I just realized there is someone above you in the picture! LOL!! Surprised Someone I know at work told me that when the mother dies the family tends to fall apart as the mother is the glue that holds everything and everyone together. He was right.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, I agree. When the mother dies the family usually falls apart Sad . Sometimes very quickly, sometimes gradually over the years.
{{{Carolyn}}}
Grammadot, same over here. My stepfather died a few years before Mum did and after Mum's burial we never saw any of his children and grandchildren again.
Just finished dinner and the dishes. Anyone for some leftover chicken Moambe?

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - your dinner looks really good!

Grammadot - please check your PM.

Getting some thunder and the sky is really dark. Guess there is also a tornado warning out for this area too. Don't mind the t-storm but don't want to see the tornado!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: