BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, May 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Saturday, May 5 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. It's dreary and rainy today and I doubt if I'm going out at all. After the exhausting week I've had, I think I'm gong to just stay home and take it easy today. I've got a little bit of a headache this morning so after breakfast, I think I'll take some tylenol and lie down for a nap. Right now I'm watching the news and they are reporting about the Queens visit to the Kentucky Derby.

I've been thinking and worrying about my eldest sister all night, she just let us know that she is going to have surgery on the 31st. A mass was found around one of her ovaries and they are going to remove both ovaries and do a biopsy on the mass...they think it is benign, but not sure. I'm so worried about her, not only is she my sister, but is almost like a second mom. Being 17 years older, she took care of me a lot, and still tries to, her daughter and I grew up almost like sisters.

I think it's a good day to do some reading..as soon as I get rid of this headache, I think I will.

I had better go get some breakfast. Have a nice day.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Sat May 05, 2007 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle and everyone to come.
Cool and wet here today.I won't be doing much today,DD an SoIL are working so I'll be watching the girls til they get home.DH doesn't have to work today but I don't know if we'll go anywhere today or not.Tomorrow is memorial day at our church.I went yesterday and got the flowers for mom's grave.I'm going to wait and put them on either this evening or early in the morning.After preaching we go to our loved ones grave and have a short service then we have dinner on the church grounds.I'll get up early in the morning to cook for that.I'm fixing chicken,corn on the cob,a very large tossed salad,dinner rolls,a corn casserole and 2 cherry cheesecakes.We have some really good cooks in our church,so there's going to be alot of great food.Mom always loved cooking for it,but then she loved cooking for everything. Smile
I find standing beside her grave a little hard to do,to keep myself from crying.I go out there often but not with alot of people around.It's a tough day to get through just like Mother's Day is.I guess it always will be.

Sheryle,Your weather sounds like ours.Hope your headache goes away soon.I hate to wake up with a headache.Will be praying that everything will be fine for your sister.
Reading anything interesting?

Got to go fix the girls some breakfast,they slept late.

Hope everyone has a great day and better weather than we're having.

Hugs to all,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dear Friends....Wow, I missed geting on yesterday! I thought I was going to have withdrawels by the time I did get a chance to set down, but by then everyone was probably in bed...so I didn't post. Today has been another busy day for me. Got up this morning and got busy with the laundry and ran the sweeper and dusteed, by then DD and the boys were on thier way over...bringing lunch...YEA! After lunch took a shower and got dressed and finally got a chance to set down and chat!

******NOW here's a good dilemma for you girls to help me figure out....on Thrusday's thread, I was writing something to PATTI and in the middle of what I wrote, I noticed later on line 5, it says"this is spam. Please don't click....this was right in the middle of what I wrote. Does anyone have any idea where that came from? Ididn't write it and it took away what I did write!******

Tonite DD and I are going to a baby shower at 7 o'clock, so I fixing an early dinner, because she has to be at the community building at 6 to help set up and decorate! The weather here today is cloudy and we were suppose to have rain today, but so far nothing. DH got the mowing done early...but listen to this little story! I was telling DD I wish DH would have put the bagger on the mower, because now everyone will drag grass in on the carpet. So when Cody went outside to watch papaw mow he told him I didn't like the way he moweed and needed to bag the grass...so DH re-mowed the back yard!! Cute huh...out of the mouth of babe's comes the truth!!

***PAT, So you got your plants , but it's too wet to plant. Well at least uyou both wil have something to look forward to. I think Cody and I are going to plant next wek too. The food your fixing for your Church Memorial Day, sounds really good. Your Mom sounds like my Mom. Cooking was one of favorite things to do...especially when she was cooking for all her kids!

***PATTI, Land of the Little Horses sounds like a wonderful place to take little Madison! I'm sure she'll have good time! Very Happy

****SHERYLE, Rainy days and headache seem to go together don't they? Hopfully by now though your headache is gone! I'll be praying that everything turns out well for your sister! Hope you got a chance to read today! I seen the new pics. of your Birthday on your Myspace. Was the outfit you were wearing your new outfit? It looks very prety on you. Pretty flowers too!

Well, I better get off here and get my shower gift ready, then dinner fixed! I'll chat with you all tomorrow. Probably not until the afternoon though...The family is having a breakfast cook out at a park nearby. Mom loved these kinds of family gatherings and I told DD it's just not going to be the same without her there and probably won't go to another breakfast cook-out...maybe another kind, but not breakfast! Hope everuyone has a good day and a good evening. Take care and lkota of Hugs!! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: