BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Aug. 30th & SUNDAY, Aug. 31st, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Aug. 30th & SUNDAY, Aug. 31st, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Wednesday wasn't a good day. Thursday was fun since my sister and her husband came up and we went to the Erie Zoo. Went out for supper then stopped at the Maritime Museum in Erie, found a lighthouse and drove around Presque Isle. Stopped at a couple of places so Sis could take some pictures.

Yesterday worked a 12 hr., wiped out this morning. But headed back in, thankfully working an 8 hr then going to one of the girls house for a picnic. Told Jim we better enjoy them now...sadly I think Fall isn't too far behind.

Fan - thank you for asking about being ok.

PattiT - can't get over how Madison has grown up in the past few years. Shocked

Better get around here. Need to head in shortly.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great day Very Happy

Ann-Marie, glad you did have a good time Thursday at the Erie Zoo. And yes you should enjoy the picnics now, cause the season for it is going to end in a few weeks. The days are getting shorter already.
PattiT, how's your weather today?
My day started with some heavy rain showers and I was afraid my visit to the Food Truck festival would be washed away. But after noon the sun kicked in and I was able to go and grab a bite.
It was fun to see the concept Food Truck changing. Until recently we only had mainly five kinds of food trucks. The oliebollen [donuts], poffertjes and fishmonger's trucks are almost ancient ones, they have been around for ages, the French fries are from the fifties and the 80s gave us the Vietnamese snack trucks. But they were always very small. Now there's much more variety and some of the trucks are getting much bigger, serving a variety of dishes traditional and exotic. Like Halal wraps and pizzas.

And traditionally slow cooked pork cheek with cornbread,

yummy chicken wings, really yummy stuff.

Lots of people enjoyed the food

and the wine.

In the church there was a small children's fair with a miniature Ferris wheel, a giant swing and "bull riding"

I think I may go back tomorrow and have lunch there. There are still a few things I'd like to taste. Hopefully the weather hold up. Wink

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a strange coincidence in a large town near us they are celebrating "Foodstruck" with over 50 food trucks and beer vendors, I sure wish I were up to going.
We had a very nice picnic and swim at Darryl and Ann's. While we were clearing the table the girls went outside. All of a sudden Madison's friend Sofia came running in the house hollering Madison needs you. She and her bike were laying in the road. She had an accident and had torn off part of her big toe nail. I couldn't stand to even look at it, eww. We cleaned her up, elevated her foot and then...........read her the riot act for riding her bicycle in flip flops!

During dinner Gary got a call and went outside to talk on the phone and was gone a long time, we joked about as kids they were not allowed to answer calls during meal times. He had gotten a call from a very good friend of his letting him know that another of his very good friends house had burnt to the ground and was a total loss. Someone had set three sheds on fire that evening and at his friends house it had caught the house on fire. I hope they catch the people responsible, but that does't bring back what he lost. To make matters worse it was 22 years and one day since he had a former house burn to the ground. That is surely some very very bad luck. The only thing they were able to save was their dog, thank heavens for that.

Cloudy and muggy here today. Major rodeos going on this weekend. I looked down last night and a bunch of people were in the rodeo arena playing volleyball. I heard the sound of generators running all night, camping out for many of them is rather luxurious. Some even have satellites on their R.V.s. Tomorrow will be bull riding at noon, that is always exciting to watch. There will be a few food trucks down there tomorrow. There is always a French fry truck, a snow cone truck and a cotton candy truck in addition to the concession stand. It is funny to hear all the horses neighing right outside our windows.

I need to go get myself some breakfast. Fan, I know you are looking forward to some food truck goodies.

Ann, I am glad you were able to have time to visit the zoo, is it a big zoo? You are right about picnic season soon coming to an end. I think the end of most seasons are sad. I am sorry for the sadness you are feeling. I know you have lots of good memories though and you will be able to concentrate on them more and more. Big hugs to you.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT and everybody else, have a great Sunday Very Happy Very Happy

The weather did hold up today Smile . Only it was a bit too chilly for breakfast outside or I was up too early Wink . Anyway I started my Sunday with a ride on my bike [no flip flops, but sandals] to the railway station before breakfast. I'm about to make some day trips soon and our national railway company decided that buying old fashioned tickets is soo totally 20th century. Now I have to buy a rechargeable card and charge it with money in order to pass the gates at the entrance of the station. It all works in a similar way as ATM's do. You put money in your card and as soon as you pass the check-in gate, the money is automatically drawn from your card. When you get off the train you have to check-out and the amount of money is automatically corrected for the distance you have been traveling. Theoretically it sounds easy, but recharging and buying at reduced prices has become quite a hassle. Definitely not something I'd like to do at rush hours. So early Sunday morning is a perfect moment to try things out.
For lunch I went to the food trucks again. This time I had skipped lunch in order to enjoy some of the food Laughing . I started with a kind of mediterranean plate of hummus, tzatziki and Merguez sausage with flat bread. Really yummy.

And I went for a Flamm, which is a kind of pizza from the Alsace with cheese, onions, crème fraîche, truffel oil and rucola.

After that I was pretty satisfied, so I spent some time watching other people enjoy their food, which is always a fun thing to do.

PattiT, poor Madison. But it may be a lesson well taught. Hopefully she'll heal up quickly. Real sad for your hubby's friend too. An accident can happen, but loosing your house due to arson is really hard to swallow.
Will you be going over to see the bull riding today at the rodeo or are you going to spend some time with the horses? I'd prefer the horses I think.
Ann-Marie, did you have a good time at the picnic? Have fun at work today Smile
Gotta go for now, I have some brown bean cooking slowly on the stove. Need to check on them. TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: