BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday May 14 th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Monday May 14 th Reply with quote

Good morning.
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday.
I didn't get to come on.I went on myspace to say my good morning then was going to come on here but my computer decided otherwise. Rolling Eyes
I don't know what the problem was it just didn't want to do anything.so I gave up because it about made me late for church.
After church and dinner at dad's,I came home played a little with the girls then took a nap.I've been having trouble sleeping because of my knee.I twisted it and it's been hurting and keeps waking me up throbbing.I did however have a good Mother's Day. Really missed Mom though.The preacher talked alot about mom's,almost made me cry.I guess it's true you don't really appreciate what you have til you don't have it anymore.

Debbie,
My DD an DGD's bring alot of joy to my life.Everyday they do or say something that brings a smile or laugh to me.
When is your DD's baby due?I hope she has the little girl she wants.Let us know when you find out.

Sheryle,
My Mother passed away in July 2005.
A pampered chef party sounds like fun.Don't know if there are any in my area.

Better get to my Monday work,I'll try to get back later.

Wishing all of my friends a great day.

Hugs to all,
Pat
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Pat and all to follow!
We had a lovely weekend, which started on Friday with an early Mother's Day and birthday party for my mother-in-law. If we had anymore people here, we could not sit around the table... just too many.

Temperatures are quite mild, though we should be climbing into the 80's today. My daughter and grandchildren will be here in a couple hours. Appointments, meetings, and paper route will round out the day. Supper may be sloppy joes and a salad.

Pat - I hope your knee feels better soon.

Hugs,
Vicki
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING PAT AND OTHERS THAT STOP IN.......Today is another beautiful spring day, a little chilly this morning, but will warm up to a nice mid 70's day! I hope everyone had a nice week-end and a lovely Mother's Day! My week-end went way to fast and for some reason DH didn't even take a ride on his motorcycle...well wait a minute he is on-call from last Thrusday for a week, so maybe that's why. Anyway, I had a good Mother's Day and spent several hours with DH's parents and then on to the cememtery. You know Mom's grave was decorated with flowers, ballons, angels wind-chimes and cards and had more decoration than any grave in the cememtery! I guess that's a testment in how much she was loved and still is! I know alot of us here have lost our Mother's and maybe that's another bond that ties us together and we made it through yesterday without her...but it was very hard, wasn't it?
On to something a little bit lighter. DD and DSIL are on thier way over to pick me up. Today is her ultra-sound that hopefully will tell us GIRL or BOY! DD would Love to have a Daughter and I would Love to have a Granddaughter..so we are hoping it says GIRL, But we would difinitely love whatever God Blesses us with! I'll be back on to let you all know!

***PAT,DDis due sometime in Sept. Sorry your knee is giving you so much pain. Isn't it wierd that things don't start bothering us real bad until we are trying to sleep? You said your computer didn't want to co=operate with you yesterday......I have that happen to me sometimes. I think they go out to lunch and forget to come back...LOL!

Well, I had better finish getting ready...they should be here anytime...keep your fingers crossed for us and say a prayer to be blessed with a GIRL! Take care and I'll TTYL....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh...I am so happy to be home from work. Some of the people I work with just suck all the energy out of me. Pardon while I complain, but I have just got to get it off my chest. One of the women I work with has a life that is full of drama and she brings it to work with her and we all have to listen to it. She's going through a divorce and has been separated from her husband for a little over a month. He wasn't out of the house but a few days when she started going on Yahoo personals looking for someone else. She hardly does a bit of work all day because she is either on Yahoo personals, instant messaging and emailing people or on her cell phone or the office phone making and receiving personal calls. She's one of those people who complain about her life and most of her problems are due to her bad choices and when you try to give her advice, she won't listen...she doesn't even listen to her lawyer. She complains about not having money to pay her rent, car payment, etc., she told me today that she hasn't paid her sons pre-school in ages, but yet gets her nails done and is taking a vacation to Chicago in June and is buying all kinds of clothes for her trip. I tried to make a point today by telling her that I had wanted to buy a gas grill but now that I'm going to have to have some expensive dental work done, I don't think I should blow the money on a grill. In my opinion, daily living expenses comes before spending money on luxuries...she just doesn't get it. She fights with her mother and husband over the phone while at work...I can't take much more of it. I chose not to have drama in my life and don't appreciate having to put up with hers! Do you think I should ask my doctor to prescribe some nerve pills for me while my co-worker is going through her divorce? Laughing The only thing, I don't think it's going to end even after the divorce, she's always going to have something going on. Rolling Eyes Thanks for listening.

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day...I also hope the weather was nice. It was beautiful here.

Pat - isn't it awful when you can't get online? If someone had told me a few years ago that I would be hooked like this, I would have laughed. Can you imagine how the minster would have reacted if he knew you were almost late for service because you couldn't get on and post to BakeSpace? Laughing I hope your knee starts feeling better soon. You are so right, we don't appreciate what we have until we don't have it anymore. I would give anything to be able to visit with my dear mother one more time. Mom passed away December, 2005 so they weren't too far apart.

Vicki - sounds like you had a great weekend. Monday just rolled around too fast didn't it.

Debbie - is it a girl? I hope so, little boys are great, but there is just something so special about little girls. I think thats wonderful that so many people decorate your mother's grave. I'm the only one who decorates Mom's on a regulart basis, my eldest sister decorates on Memorial Day, but that's it. It really bothers me that my mother has several grandchildren who live near the cemetary and none of them put any flowers on her grave. I know it's not important to some people, but decorating graves was always important to Mom. She was such a good grandmother to all of them and it would break her heart if she knew. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they rarely went to see her when she was in the nursing home. I have been so disappointed with my family during the past several years.

Guess I had better go...I think I've whined and complained enough. Have a great evening.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiebakr wrote:
Can you imagine how the minster would have reacted if he knew you were almost late for service because you couldn't get on and post to BakeSpace? Laughing

Let's not tell him that ok? HAHAHH I need all the help I can get to go to a "better place" one day. HAHAHAH Smile

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: