BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, May 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Saturday, May 19 Reply with quote

Good morning ladies. It’s another cool and sunny morning and is supposed to be a beautiful day, once it warms up. I don’t have any plans for today, I have plenty of work to do, but not sure I’m going to do it.

Yesterday was another day of drama at work, but at least, when the drama queen and her soon to be ex got into a fight on the phone, it was time for me to leave…thank goodness! I’m so happy that I’m going to have two drama free days…I love, love, love the weekend!

My sister and I did get to the cemeteries last night, and I do believe this is the first time in several years that it didn’t pour down rain soon after. I picked her up at her house after I got off work and we went to the little cemetery where my parents, sister, grandmother and other members of my mother’s family are buried. I was so upset when I noticed that the flowers I put on Mom’s grave for Mother’s Day were missing. I don’t know whether they blew away during Wednesday’s storm or what. We put flowers in the urns and in front of the monument at my parents graves and my sister took some floral wire and wrapped it around the flowers and monument so the wind can’t blow them away…we did the same with my sister, grandmother and great-aunts flowers. So if they are missing next week, we will know that someone took them. After we finished there, we drove to Brookville, IN to decorate my sister’s 2nd husbands grave (yes she has been married a few times, 3 to be exact, divorced 1st husband, who was the father of her children, her 2nd husband died of cancer, and is still married to the 3rd). Most of the members of my dad’s family are buried there; my dad and several of his siblings were born and raised in that area. After we left the cemetery, we stopped at a small local, family run market, that has the best meat, my sister had the butcher cut some T-bone steaks and we did a little shopping while waiting. After we finished we drove to another small town in Indiana and had dinner at a local ice cream shop/restaurant. It’s a little place that started out as a soft serve ice cream shop and has grown and now they sell food. They have the best onion rings and pizza burgers and milk shakes…yum! After we ate, I took Jean home and then drove back to my house. We had a very busy evening and, needless to say, I was a little tired by the time I got back. I’m so glad we got it done though; we don’t have to worry about getting it done next week when neither of us is going to feel well.

Vicki – your cookies sound so good, my brother-in-law loves peanut butter…I may try to make these for him while my sister is recovering from surgery. I’m sure it’s wonderful to have your parents living closer to you so you can see them more often. Like you, I hate hot and humid weather and am really enjoying the weather we are getting at the moment…it can stay like this all summer for all I care.

Pat – did you get the church cleaned yesterday? Yes I was thrilled to get the flowers on sale and Hobby Lobby does have beautiful flowers. I bought four bouquets of red, white and blue flowers and used two of them on my parent’s graves and the other two on my brother-in-laws. You remind me of my mother…she told me that all she ever wanted was to be a wife and mother. Unfortunately, she married my father who wasn’t a very good husband and father, but she loved her children and grandchildren and practically raised my eldest sister’s three children. She actually had my niece (who is just 1 year and 8 months younger than me) so much that Patti would call her mother Jean and instead of calling Mom grandma, she called her Mom, just like I did. Mom said she had a difficult time breaking Patti of that.

Debbie – how are you feeling today…are you going to be able to go to the shower with your MIL? I don’t understand why we have all these different types of Bridal showers now days. I liked it better in the old days when you just had a plain old shower.

Patti – sounds like you get the weather we’ve had a day later. Day before yesterday it was dreary and rainy, and then yesterday it was beautiful…so hopefully you have great weather today. Every time I think of the story you told about your son calling you on your way home from your trip, I have to laugh.

I’m starting to get hungry so had better stop and get something for breakfast. I would love to have a big bacon, egg and toast breakfast, but it's just going to be cereal with a banana sliced in it.

Ha ha…I wised up and typed my long winded post in word and then copied and pasted it here so I wouldn't lose it! Very Happy

Have a great day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Sat May 19, 2007 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Sheryle! I just watched the Magic Eraser commercial. That was really cute!

Debbie - I hope you are feeling better today. My DH has been fighting that crud all week.

Vicki - I'm so glad that you parents will get to be there for the graduation. I know that will mean so much to your son.

Guess what? The lady that was doing the church bulletin had a change of heart and wants to keep doing it. I told my husband that after all the time I spent working on it, we were going to use the one I did this week. We told her that we would do it for the next few weeks as she has graduation and vacation, etc. coming up.

We had the wedding rehearsal last night and the wedding today. I sure hope the couple gives dh something monetary for doing it. We had to drive and hour and 1/2 each way last night and have to do the same tonight, so hoping he gets paid for doing it. I guess sometimes people don't know you are supposed to do that, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hello to all my Bakespace friends that stop by later. I hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou - I can't believe after all the work you did on the bulletin that the other lady wants to do it. I'm with you, I would continue to do it for a while. If I lived close to you I would do it...I love doing that sort of thing!

Are there people who really don't pay your husband for his service? Just when I think I'm through being surprised by people, I learn more. I just thought it was known that the minister is paid for doing a wedding and with the drive you have to make and the price of gas, they definitely should. Maybe they just think he gets paid a salary and that weddings and funerals, etc. are included...who knows. I hope everything works out for your DH.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Mr. Clean commerciial...I thought it was cute, and after viewing it again, I realized Andy's wife and parents were in it too. He's so funny and so tall...I'm 5 foot 10 1/2 and I feel short next to him.

Now that i've eaten, I guess I'll do some online banking and maybe after that give myself a pedicure. I bought some pretty nail polish the other night when I got my hair done and since it's sandal weather, am anxious to do my toes. Once I have my tootsies looking pretty, I may start wearing my toe rings again. Laughing

Sheryle

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle,Kenna Lou and all who come later.
Cool this morning,warming up to 75 degrees today.
Sure am glad it's the weekend.We've got all our cleaning done so the rest of the day we can pretty much do what we want to.I'll be really glad when schools out,the girls have some homework over the weekend to do.Katie has to draw a picture and write 3 sentences about it.They just started on sentences a few weeks ago and it's not her favorite thing,but they're being tested next week and this is practice.Kristin has to study for an ar test on Monday.Not a book she liked reading so we'll have to review it today and tomorrow.The rest of the day we have to water our plants,cook dinner and go to a birthday party at 2 o'clock.

the girls are bugging me to go outside so I'd better stop for now.I'll try to get back on later.

Hugs,
Pat
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle, Kenna Lou, Pat, Debbie and all else who stop by today.
*Sheryle, I think you may be right, about the weather, we are having the most beautiful weather this morning, the forecast said scattered showers but it seems hard to believe as sunny and bright as it is out there. I am sure I mentioned it before but at the bottom of my yard there is a big rodeo area, they are having a rodeo today, too bad Madison isn't here to see it. She did go down last night and see some of the horses while she was here. I am glad that we had the rain yesterday, it helps keep the dust down when they are doing the different events. I bet your brother-in-law would enjoy those peanut butter cookies, you are so nice to think of such things. Enjoy your stress free weekend!
*Kenna Lou, I sure hope that your husband gets paid for his services. I thought everyone knew to pay the minister and invite him (and his wife if there is one) to the dinners etc. You spent so much time getting that bulletin ready, I hope that you get to use yours for awhile now.
*Pat, what a beautiful day to spend out doors with the girls. I can't believe the homework kids get now a days. My granddaughter comes home with homework from daycare! I guess it is good though, she is so advanced. I can hardly believe what all she knows. Her homework this past week was to cut out pictures from magazines of things beginning with the letter "U" do you know how hard that was?!? I got her some cute flash cards when we were at the beach and she only got one wrong when we did them yesterday. Little smarty pants showed up her Grammy yesterday. When we were doing the flash cards when we got to "N" she said that is for Madison, I told her no, it starts with "M" she was getting very upset, then I spelled her name for her and when I got to "N" she said "See I told you my name has an "N." I figured she only knew what it started with.
*Debbie, I am hoping that you feel better today. I will check back later to see how you are doing.
Well, I better go get the towels in the dryer before it gets any warmer.
Patti
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING FRIENDS.....I've been in bed most of the day and I still feel like poop! I logged on about 11 this morning and my eyes were burning so bad I just got off and went back to bed. I called my DMIL and told her I wouldn't be going to the shower and sha said she wassorry I was sicka dn she call me later. I told her if she had time she could swing by the house and get my gift. The shower was from 2 to 4 and at 1:45 she stil hadn't come for my gift. Anyway my DSIL has been sick for several weeks and she had told me she wasn't goingeither, so I cled and left a message that I wasn't going and had mentioned that her Mom hadn't picked up my gift yet and she called back and said the shower is Sunday! Dumb me...MIL must have thought I was crazy. I probably won't go tomorrow either though! I haven't done much of anything except sleep. DH has mowed the yaed, done the laundry and took care of me and the animals!

***SHERYLE, Sounds like yesterday evening was very busy for you and your sister. How far is IN from were you live? I'm like you...What kind of person would take flowers fom a grave? So far we have been very lucky at Moms! There's not only flowers at Moms grave ,but a 2 ft. tall Angel, one of the small garden flags with post, a wind chime with post and a Solar lite! Your dinner at the ice cream shop sounded really good. There's an ice cream shop turned resturant in the Amish country (a few hours from me) That has the Best food in this whole area and if you have room the biggest scoops of ice cream I've ever seen!

***KENNA LOU, Wonder why she gave up doing the bullentin in the first place? Well at least you've got it formatted and ready to go, if that ever happens again. It's always good for 2 people to know a task anyway, in case of vacations or sickness.I always thought it was a known fact that the minister is paid for his services and ask to stay for the reception and surely with the price of gas and the lenght of your drive, they wil include that cost in his pay! I will pray that it works out for him. Is he not allowed to say...."This is what I charge for this service." Let us know how it turns out.

***PAT, You know my DD hated school! I think was hardest on Dh and I was the fact that we knew she had the capabilities of making at least A's and B's,but refused to apply herself. It was like talking to a brick wall with her. DH and I would spend hours with her helping her with homework, doing class projects and studing for test.....like with tests, she would know every answer to any question I'd ask her, then come time to take the test in school, she'd flunk it! She was all about the "Socializing" and that ws it! I'm so glad those years ar behind me and that she did get her diploma! I understand when you say the girls are having trouble with reading or whatever...hopfully they make it through and with thier grandmas help and encouragment, they will! Have a god time with them tomorrow!

***PATTI, Children ARE very smart these days...I see it in Cody everyday and he's not even in pre-school yet. This Fall he goes! I listen to some of the words or sentences he says and he sounds like he's about 10 yrs. old! Some young children know more about computers and cell phones than I do!

Well girls, I guess it's time for be to go back to bed...my eyes are starting to water. I'll try to gt on earlier tomorrow! You all have a restful evening. Take care and love Ya....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, so sorry to hear that you are still feeling so badly. That is funny about the shower, good thing you weren't feeling better and showed up today, ha ha. That sounds like something I would do.
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening everyone. Well I was a very lazy bones today...I didn't do much of anything that was productive. I did get some bills paid, but that's it. I played around on the computer and sorted through some newspapers that have piled up.

Pat - how much longer until the girls are out for the summer? They sure do keep you busy, don't they. Poor things and all that homework, I remember how much I hated it. Never did care much for school and was so happy when I finally graduated. Was the birthday party for one of the girls school friends or was it family?

Patti - did the weather stay nice today? I do remember you telling us about the rodeo area near your house...I bet Madison does enjoy seeing all the horses, I know my nieces and nephews would too. She sure is smart to know that there is an N at the end of her name. Kids are so adavnced now days compared to when we were little.

Debbie - I'm so sorry to learn that you have been so sick today...sleep is the best thing for you. Are you feeling any better? That's so funny that you thought the shower was today...sounds like something I would have done. Smile I'm not far from Indiana at all. Oxford is about 5 miles away from the Indiana/Ohio state line and the two towns my sister and I went to yesterday are both about a 30-45 minute drive from here. Get some rest tonight and hopefully you'll be much improved in the morning.

Well ladies, I had better end this post as I've finally run out of things to say...I've been a bit chatty today haven't I. Very Happy I hope you all have a peaceful sleep.

Sheryle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: