BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning...May 21 st

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Good Morning...May 21 st Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING DEAR FRIENDS.......It's about 6 o'clock and I've been up and down all nite. Some nites are like that and I get so aggervated when I can't sleep more than an hour at a time. Anyway I decided to stay up , since I have a busy day planned for today. I need to call the doctors office this morning, as I had orders to get a mamagram and some blood work done BEFORE my next apt and now I can't find the orders the doctor wrote up..so I need to see it he will write them again. My appt. is for this Thrusday! Then I need to call my dadbefore he leaves for work and see if he wants to come for dinner tonite. I slept most of the week-end, but that's OK, it rained off and on all week-end anyway. My cold is down to just a bad cough now..I ask DH to pick me up some cough drops today while he was out. Yesterday I did manage to give the house a hit and miss with the vacumn and dusted. I probably wouldn't have done it then, but my dad said he was going to stop by after church. He stopped and I told him if I was feeling better I would have fixed a nice Sunday dinner and had him stay. I was supposed to watch the boys yesterday, but my sister took them instead. He likes it there too because his uncle lets him help him do things. Like yesterday he was going to help pressure wash the 4-wheeler and ride it too. He was so excited! DD and the boys will be here today and this evening her DH and my dad and my DH will be here and we are going to grill chicken breasts out on the grill and I thought I would fix Cheesy Potatoes, Cole Slaw, Gr. Beans, Applesause and Biscuits to round out the meal. Pineapple-Upside Down cake for dessert. Glad I cleaned yesterday...sounds like I'm going to be in the kitchen some today! I also need to finish rounding up some things for the garage sale. I wouldn't even make it to the basement. Here's a story for ya........I've been using this set of china that I got from my grandmother for 10 yrs. now. I decided to use it as I had another set of old antique dishes that belonged to my Gr.Grandmother in the china cabinet. Well I told my DH I was geting tired of the china and was going to get mt some new pattered Corelle and put these in the Garage sale. DH said, How much are you going to sell them for, I said I don't know many 20 dollars. He looked it up on-line and I've got about 500 dollars worth of china, that I was going to sell for 20 dollars. The name on the back is: Brentwood ....and the design is White Lace! Now I don't know what to do with it...maybe put it on E-Bay!
Well girls , I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Glad you all ahd a nice week-end. I'll pop back in this afternoon and see how everyones day's going. Right now I need to go get a drink, this coughing is making my stomach churn. Take care and here's a Very Happy for ya! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Debbie and all to follow!

Guess what we were doing this weekend? Stripping 30 year old wall paper out of our kitchen! Yeah!! This morning, my mother-in-law and I are going to look for a couple rolls of wallpaper. Since I have a small kitchen, we'll be looking for white/light background without much of a pattern. (Woohoo! More of the old avocado green will be out of here! Eventually, we hope to take out the rest of the avocado green - sink, countertops, and carpeting, but probably not at this time.) I don't plan on starting the work until after Eric's open house on Saturday.

Debbie -
I hope you feel better soon. Wow! Glad your husband checked on the china. You certainly have a treasure.

Well, I'd better get moving. My mother-in-law should be here within the hour.

Wishing each of you a lovely day,
Vicki

Smile
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Debbie,Vicki and everyone.
It is so quiet in here this morning,DD and SoIL have gone to work,DGD's are in school and DH is still asleep.Feels strange with all this quiet. Laughing
I doubt I do much today,maybe read some.Cook dinner and pick the girls up at school.

Debbie,
Sorry you didn't sleep well last night.Hopefully tonight will be better for you.Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Your dinner sounds great alot better than mine,we're having spaghetti.
Have a wonderful evening with your family.

Vicki, Your kitchen and mine must be similar.We had avocado green for many years.A few years ago we started changing it.All we like now is the sink and dishwasher.I'm thinking of just having the dishwasher painted over,I don't need a new one.We went with white appliances.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Pat
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
Over the last few years, as the stove and refrigerator needed to be replaced, we've gone from avocado green to white appliances, too. (Only human dishwashers here.... no replacement necessary.) Smile

Are your cupboards painted?

Will check in later.
Vicki

Smile

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Mon May 21, 2007 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick hi this morning. Today is the dreaded housecleaning day. My DH is very sick with the crud that everyone has had lately. We will be taking him to the doctor in a little bit. On the way to the wedding Saturday night, he drank out of my water bottle and then I drank after him. My throat is beginning to feel scratchy. I am hoping I don't get it too. I just had it about a month ago. UGH!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Kenna Lou,I'M sorry your DH is sick,hope he gets to feeling better real soon.Hopefully you won't come down with it again.
My DH has come down with the cold.I told him I think it's because he's been working so much lately and it has weakened his system.

Vicki, My kitchen cabinets are stained.I still have green flooring,it's in need of replacing.My counter tops are white with green specks,but right now I'm going to leave them that way.My walls are paneled,a warm brown color.So mosy of the changes have been with the appliances.Our house was built in the late 60's,avocado green was the in color.I liked it ,just tired of it now.

Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. I'm so happpy that Monday is finally over! Same old same ol at work, so nothing new there. My sister Dorothea called me about and two hours ago and said that my other sister made it through surgery and was doing fine...no cancer. She is being kept overnight, I was so happy to hear that they weren't going to rush her out, and that my brother-in-law was spending the night in Cincinnati instead of diving back here. He's in his 70's and doesn't see well enough to drive at night so I was glad he's staying down there.

Debbie - I'm glad you are feeling better, but sorry to hear you didn't sleep well last night. I have nights like that sometimes and hate them. It makes it hard the next day. Wow...how great to find out that your dishes were worth so much. It's a good thing you found out before putting them in the yard sale.

Vicki - I've stripped several years of wall paper before and I don't envy you at all. It will look so good when you're done. One of my aunts had an avocado green kitchen...ours was harvest gold. Even my first apartment, that I moved to in the 80's was harvest gold. I decided that when I moved into my house I wanted white, but at the time almond was popular and that's what I could get right away, would have to wait on white, so got almond. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person around who doesn't have a dishwasher. Whenever I'm asked why kind of dishwasher I have, I always say mine is a manual one. Laughing

Pat - did you get to read today? I think your dinner sounds great...I love spaghetti.

Kenna Lou - I hope your husband starts feeling better soon and that you don't get sick again. I remember the last time you were sick, it took you a long time to get well. How was the wedding..did your husband get*** paid ***for(had to do that to avoid the spam message) performing the service? I certainly hope he did.

It's time for me to start thinking about what to make for dinner. I hope you all have a nice evening.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! DH did This is spam. Please don't click. the wedding. Although, with the price of gas, we didn't really profit much by the time we drove 1 1/2 hours each way two days in a row. But, at least it was something!
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I am really late getting on tonite! I had to be up early and off to an appt for another MRI, hopefully the last. Then hubby and I took off for a state park in Maryland to go for a walk, out for lunch and then stopped at a fruit stand on the way home and got strawberries and rhubarb to make that cake that Vicki posted. It was really good and everyone liked it.
*Debbie, sorry to hear that you had such a bad nights sleep, for feeling bad you sure have been busy! I had a similar china story, we were cleaning out the attic at my mother-in-laws and they found two sets of china, they were going to toss both of them out because nobody needed them. I took one set and gave it to my DIL and asked everyone if they wanted the other set, no one did and I just couldn't see tossing them. When I looked them up on line I found out they are very rare and worth a lot of money. I offered to give them back, but they insisted they would just toss them. The very first time I went to use one of the plates, I dropped it an broke a big chip out of it. Now I am scared to death to use them! Rolling Eyes
*Vicki, I made that strawberry cake you posted using half rhubarb, it was so so good. Thank you for posting. I have put wallpaper up, but never had to take any down. I hear it is not much fun. I hope it isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
*Pat, we had spaghetti at the in-laws for dinner tonight. Great minds think alike. I hope you had a nice relaxing day today. Sorry to hear that your hubby is sick also.
*Kenna Lou, so sorry to hear that your DH is under the weather. I sure hope he hasn't shared it with you!
*Sheryle, so glad that you got good news about your sister. I am glad that they didn't rush her out of the hospital, seems like they try to do that with everyone.
Gotta go for now, Patti
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelo wrote:
Good news! DH did This is spam. Please don't click. the wedding. Although, with the price of gas, we didn't really profit much by the time we drove 1 1/2 hours each way two days in a row. But, at least it was something!

Hi.. what were you trying to type.. seperate the words with a star or letter of some sort so I can delete if from our list of censored words. Smile

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: