BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOOD MORNING.....MAY 22 nd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: GOOD MORNING.....MAY 22 nd Reply with quote

GoodMorning Friends...If I have any!! Where is everyone anyway?? It's 11:00 here and I was really surprised no one was on yet! I've been trying to get a few things done and I have so much more to do I don't even know where to start. So I decided to start HERE!! Good idea huh? I can set and visit with you all and brain-storm in what order I need to start. I'm still going through things for our garage sale and I want to start dragging things out of my kitchen cabinets that I don't use anymore, like my pasta maker, electric skillet. old stand mixer and etc. BUT I don't want to leave them setting around,junking up the house waiting for time for the sale. So I don't know what to do. Then my fridg. needs cleaned out...tonite is trash nite and I try to freshen up the fridg of old leftovers and such on Tuesday's..then I really really need to shampoo my carpet. I'm about ready to call someone to do that for me, but won't! I've done that twice and it doesn't stay clean very long even if I pay extra for the stain guard! My Dad didn't make it over for dinner.he was just too wore out from work, so I sent him over a plate with DD. DD and the boys are staying home today, but tomorrow one of her best friends from High School and her 2 sons are coming over here and the ALL the boys are going swimming and play! I told Cody we'd even have a picnic out on the patio! He's excited!! Well tonite is AM. Idol nite and I'll be voting for Jordan...I have voted for her since day ONE and I really hope she wins! I guess i better get busy, I'll stop back in later to say Hi...if anyone is here! Hope Everyone has a beautiful day. Hugs to ALL....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning BakeSpace friends. Debbie, of course you have friends. I got a start on household chores before coming here, unusual for me! I clipped coupons, going grocery shopping tomorrow a.m. Then I watered and weeded my gardens, tried to pay some bills on-line, encountered a problem, so here I am. Glad that you missed me. Last night my niece brought her baby for us to babysit for awhile. She just cried and cried for everyone, I took her and held her the way my granddaughter liked to be held when she was a baby and her tears dried right up. Glad to know that I haven't lost my touch, ha ha. She even smiled and "talked" to me a little. Debbie are you feeling better today? I am looking forward to American Idol also. I think Jordan is going to win, but I really don't care which one wins because I like them both. Gotta go get some lunch.
Patti
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Debbie, Patti, and all to come later,
I have a break. Yesterday, we picked out some wallpaper for part of the kitchen - slightly textured and light sand color. Walls (which are not papered), ceiling, and cupboards will be painted white to match the white appliances. We peeled that sticky oil cloth off and primed the insides of two upper double cupboards. This morning, we painted over the primer. More sanding, priming, and painting in store. Smile

Debbie,
Before you get rid of your small appliances, such as electric frying pan, mixer, pasta maker, etc. you may want to check with antique stores. Even items 20 years old are very popular.

Pat,
My counter tops are white with green, too. Guess what I also found as I was cleaning out the cupboards.... harvest gold wallpaper behind the paint in the cupboards. As far as we can tell the kitchen was harvest gold and orange (don't know which order) before it was renovated to totally avocado green.

Kenna Lou,
I hope your husband feels better soon, AND that you don't get the same thing he has.

Sheryle,
What an answer to prayer! So thankful that they did not find any cancer. I had to chuckle as I read your post about the colors: avocado green, harvest gold, and almond. I immediately thought of the years those colors were the "in" thing. I wonder how long stainless and black will be popular.

Patti,
I'm glad that everyone liked the Strawberry Cake. When should you have the results of the MRI? Will be keeping you in my prayers.

Hope to catch you all later,
Hugs,
Vicki
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just jumping in for a minute...will write more when I get home. I wanted to let Debbie know that she still has friends, we were all just running behind this morning...at least I was. Very Happy Don't have time to hang out at the moment, will check in after I get home from work.

Have a great afternoon....I hope it's as lovely where you are as it is here!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone! I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to get online tonight. I had lunch at a BBQ restaurant called the Smokin’ Ox and I ordered the lunch special – a grilled cheese sandwich and chili. Well the chili wasn’t very good, or at least it wasn’t the type of chili I’m used to, but ate most of it anyway. So it felt like this lump was just sitting in my stomach all afternoon…I drank some Diet Pepsi later in the afternoon and it seemed to help a little so am feeling better now. On the way back to worked we stopped at United Dairy Farmers and I bought 8 pints of ice cream…they had their Homemade Brand ice cream on sale and the flavor that I like the best, the Turkish Coffee ice cream and it only comes in pints and not half gallons, so I stocked up. I also bought a few pints of the Hawaiian Sundae ice cream to take to my sister when I visit her tomorrow after work.

My sister called me from her hospital bed this morning and finally confessed to me how worried she had been. I knew she had to be but was just putting on a brave face; I know I was worried about her. She told me they were letting her leave this afternoon. I told her I wouldn’t bother her tonight because I knew she would be tired and needed her rest, but I would visit tomorrow after work and see if there was anything she needed.

Can’t say much about work; the same old thing, just a different day. Rolling Eyes

Debbie – when are you having your yard sale? My sister has been talking about having one, but I just hate having to deal with it. We’ve had a couple and around here the best time, especially if you are selling appliances and furniture, is to have them just before the university starts fall classes. You have a pasta maker? I have one that I’ve used once or twice and didn’t care for it and its just gathering dust in the spare room.

Patti – isn’t that a great feeling when you can quiet a baby and no one else can? One of my nieces would always quiet down for me when she wouldn’t for her mother. I think my sister-in-law wasn’t comfortable with babies and Jennifer could tell and would just keep crying. Please let us know how your MRI turns out.

Vicki – your kitchen sounds like it’s going to look very nice. That’s why I like white appliances, they go with everything and aren’t so trendy, I’m sure in a few years stainless and black will be a thing of the past too. Do you remember brown? One of my aunts had a brown refrigerator…or did they call it bronze. When my niece bought her house, hunter green was popular and that’s the color of all of her large and small appliances.

Well girls, I’m going to end my note here and not sure when I’ll get back on…will try tomorrow night, but if I get home late may not make it online. Thursday morning I have my appointment with the oral surgeon and not sure how I’ll feel so may not make it back until Friday.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Tue May 22, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Sheryle!

I remember the brown appliances. I believe the color was Coppertone, and it was from the 1960's or 1970's. One of my parent's homes had appliances with that color. The memories that come back just mentioning these different color schemes!

Vicki
Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening Dear Friends, I thought I'd better jump in here and say hello before Am. Idol comes on! I don't miss that show. Today was almost a waste of a day, simply because I just piddled around....trying not to get to many things out for the garage sale. I need to get a couple boxes from the store to put this stuff in and then I can store it in my spare bedroom. I really wasn't in the mood to cook today, so when I was in the freezer this morning looking to see what meats where in there, I seen I had a container with 2 to 3 pieces of Baked Steak in it and I thought I'll just use that. So we had Bake Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Applesause for dinner. I just wanted to tell you girls...I know I have friends...I was just kidding around this morning...I know that you all are usualy more busier than me and my engery level peaks about once or twicea month! Not that idon't want it to more, but my poor ole foot won't allow more than that!

***PATTI, When DO you get the results to your MRI? I'm praying everything comes back OK! I'm feling so much better, thank you for asking.You were saying how you were able to soothe the littl baby and NOT losing your touch. I don't think we ever do. Doesn't it just make your heart feel good when a little baby talks to ya with thier eyes and heart? I love children!

***VICKI, I forgot you were re-doing your kitchen. What a job..wallpaper! Yuck! I'm sure you'll love it when it's done! DH's parents just had thier kitchen re-done...only they hired it out and the 2 men doing it said it would take them 5 days to do it and it took over 2 weeks! By the time they got done she was intears, she was so aggervated with those guys! Antique shop ...I never thought of that, Maybe I could see if they would be interested in this china! I'll let you know. Thanks for the idea!

***SHERYLE, Glad your tummy is doing better form your chili you ate for lunch! Was it real spicey orsomething? Maybe some of that ice cream well help you out. How long do you suppose that will last you? My Grandfather use to be a BIG ice cream lover...every nite after dinner a bowl of Butter Pecan Ice Cream he would eat! So glad your sisters surgery went well and there wasn't any Cancer found. Bless her heart, she was probably trying to be brave and not admitt that she was scare of what they might find. No one wants to admitt to the"C" word until they hear it come out of the doctors mouth! The garage sale is going to be the 1st week-end in June ( a couple weeks away).I don't want to deal with it either, but I have to. I have so much stuff and it's starting to look like clutter or it's taking up storage space, so I just need to clear out. I can use what little bit I get to buy Pretty little baby girl things! And I want to put a good bit towards a bench for Mom's grave! Hey listen...if you don't make it back on-line until Friday...Have a BLAST at the dentist!!! Aren't I cruel? You know I'll be thinking about you and hope things go well.

Well, I better get off here..it's 8 o'clock and Sheryle has made me hungry for ice cream, so I'm going to get me a bowl and watch Am. Idol! Hope eeveryone has a restful evning! Love Ya ALL!!! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: