BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday May 26 th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Saturday May 26 th Reply with quote

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a real busy day.I didn't get a chance to get on the computer til about one,put in my posts on myspace for everyone.Then DH told me my Dad was here so I didn't get to come on here.DH,Dad and I sat outside talking til we left for school.The rest of the evening was just as busy trying to get everything done so I wouldn't have so much to do today.It worked,I don't have much to do today,just watch the girls til DD and SoIL get off work.Cook some dinner.I'm cooking a turkey breast and some macorni salad.

Sheryle,I hope you're feeling better and pain free today.

I hope everyone is feeling good and are happy today.

I won't be able to get to the hospital to see my friends,DH has to work so I'll call them.

Got to stop for now,need to put the turkey in to cook.

I'll try to get back on later,don't know if I will be able to or not with the girls playing outside most of the day.

I wish all of you a great weekend. Very Happy

Hugs,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING TO ALL MY FRIENDS.....Pat you're up and ready to start the day aren't you? Your Turkey and Macaroni Salad sound very good! It sounds like you'll have another fun day playing with the girls again! I'm up a little early because DH and I have a hair cut appointment this morning. After that I think the day will be played by ear...no real plans as of yet! I'm sure there will be a motorcycle ride in my future sometime today! The garage sale has been put up a week, DD forgot that she had previous commitment this next week-end. I told her I really didn't care when we had it, that would just give me more time to get things together! ou know it doesn't seem like Memorial Day week-end. When Mom was alive we would already have plans for a Family get together....seems like now everyone does thier own thing. I guess I could call everyone and get something together, but I really don't feel like it.
Well, I better make this short, I need to feed the cats and jump in the shower and get ready to go. Hope everyone has a good day today and Sheryle and Kenna I hope you both are feeling better. I'll stop back in later today! Bye for now.....Hugs and Love for you ALL.......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Pat and Debbie. I didn't do much of anything yesterday...just slept most of the day. I tried to read, but couldn't keep my eyes open. I did manage to read the two local papers, play a few computer games and watch a DVD, but that was about it. I only took one pain pill and that was closer to bedtime. Today, if I have any pain, I'm going to try ibuprofin instead of the heavy duty stuff the doctor prescribed. Not only do I hate taking strong meds, but I've had some crazy dreams since I've been taking it.

I've already had breakfast..sort of. Sorry to gross you out, but I had canned pasta and a diet Pepsi...that's about all I had in the house. I wanted scrambled eggs, but I put milk in them and the gallon of milk in my fridge is sour. I could have had yogurt, but wanted something more substantial, so it was either canned pasta or ice cream. I need to get a shower and head out for the afternoon. I promised my sister Jean that I would spend the afternoon with her. So I'm taking my laundry to do while I'm visiting and a few DVD's for us to watch. I think she's been up and doing more than she should so if I'm there, I can keep her a little more quiet. She really just needs to rest this first week after surgery, but I don't think she has. I'll probably stop by Kroger and pick up some groceries on my way back home.

Pat - you were busy yesterday, but isn't it nice to have your work done so you can relax today? Your dinner sounds good...I could get into some real food about now.

Debbie - I know what you mean about the holiday's now. When my mother was alive we celebrated all the holiday's with most of my family there, but since she's gone we all do our own thing. Past Memorial Day weekends, my sisters and I would be in our kitchens cooking up a storm on Satruday, then Sunday we would all meet at my sister Jean's house and eat and talk. The kids and guys would watch tv, play ball, cards, etc. It's really hard to get used to now. Maybe, in time, you could plan a few family events...it won't be the same because your mom won't be there, but it could be fun. About the only family get together we have planned for this summer is toward the end of June, when my nephew Steve (my sister Jean's youngest) and his family are coming back to Ohio to visit.They live around Seattle so we don't get to see them very often. So this will be one of the few times we are all going to be together.

I guess I had better close for now and get my shower and head out for my sisters house. I'll try to check in this evening. Have a wonderful day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou - I was just watching the news and saw where parts of Texas are getting some very bad weather. Is any of it close to you? I hope you and your family are all well and safe.

Sheryle

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Everyone!
My husband and son are picking up the cake. We should be leaving for my mother-in-law's soon with all the food. Rain this morning, and rain is forecasted this evening. Hopefully, it will clear up in between.

Wishing you a lovely day. I'll try to read all the posts later tonight.
Hugs,
Vicki

Smile
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to Pat, Debbie, Sheryle, Vicki, and all my other BakeSpace friends who are able to stop in today.
*Pat, I am glad that you were able to get so much done yesterday to make it easier for today. Do you cook your turkey breast in the oven or a crockpot? My ex-SIL always makes hers in the crockpot, I have never tried it. I am all about the crockpot in the summer though.
*Debbie, I am glad that we started rotating houses to have family get togethers before my husbands Mom passed away. His family is so close, unlike mine, anyway, it would have been a lot harder to start it after she passed away I think. She always had all the get togethers at her house for most of my married life and I would hate to have seen that end. Of course nothing is the same without her and we always think of her and wish she were there to enjoy along with the rest of us. Hope you got to go for a nice ride with your hubby.
*Sheryle, enjoy your time with your sister today. Sounds like she might overdo if you weren't there. Both of you relax and enjoy your DVD's. I hope the ibuprofin is enough to help with your pain today, if not, I would be real careful driving!
*Vicki, hope the day cleared up for you and you were able to enjoy the celebration.
I have just got to get done with this cleaning, if I sit here, it isn't going to happen, so I better get back to vacuuming.
Patti
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!!!

I've been terrible about replying to the Pantry the last few weeks. We've been busy at home and work. Getting the trailer ready for our vacation which starts June 14th. We'll be gone until June 23rd or 24th. I'm ready to be away from work for a few days.

The Strategic meetings up at the school have taken alot of my time. We've had meeting about once a week. How do we keep a little community school open??? That's the problem.

Wyatt had his field trip to John Ball Park Zoo on Thursday. I was a chaperone. We had a great day, beautiful weather, it couldn't have been more perfect!!! Wyatt then went back to work with me, he set at my desk playing Nick Jr. and then helped me out by getting things off the printer and bringing them back to me. He got quite a bit of attention by everyone that came into the office. He was so pooped by the time we left I only made it a few miles on the highway before he was out like a light.

I've still been getting on everyday and reading everyone's posts. I had to laugh at everyone in the same boat as I, with the what I call the "70's kitchen". My DH & I bought our house in 2000(the house was built in 1978) one of the 1st things we did after moving in was replacing the "ugly orange" kitchen sink. We had to get rid of it!!! Since then we've replaced what's needed to be replaced instead of replacing because of looks. I still have a brown linoleum floor and dark wood kitchen cupboards. The carpeting in the living room needs to go also but I realize it will in time. I have to remember how much we've done in maintenance. We always do home improvements with our income tax refund. Next year it'll probably be the upstairs bathroom(yeah something inside for a change)!!!!!!!!

I hope you all have a great day today and I'll try to get on more frequently.

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dear Friends....I just got in about a half hour ago. I've been home long enough to change into my nite-gown, pee, take a couple Advil and put in a load of laundry! Believe it or not DH and I have been gone since 10 o'clock this morning! Stopped at DD first thing, went to get our hair cut, stopped at my sisters to see if they wanted to go get a bite of lunch and go for a motorcycle ride.....they ate a late breakfast,but wanted to go for a ride, so DH and I went to get some lunch, then came back aroung 2 o'clock to meet up with them for a ride in the country..got back in town about 5:30 or 6 and meant up with DD and the boys and took them out for dinner and home.......I'M POOPED!!!! And I hate to complain, but my foot is kiling me. DH can't undersatnd why it hurts, when we were on the bike most of the day! But it's the times we were on and off that got me! All in all it was a nice day. Oh yea, we went to the cemetery to visit Mom, She told me she was sending some rain our way!!!
I was going to make that Strawberry cake today, but haven't been home long enough to do it...so I will tomorrow morning! Everyone I've told about is anxious to try it!

***SHERYLE, Hope you and your Sister had a nice reaxing day. Did you get your laundry done? How's the pain? Did you have to resort to your pain meds? I came sooo close to taking a pain pill when we got home from the motorcycle ride, But I took Advil instead.....pain pills this late will keep me awake all nite long! We you able to eat regular food today? I had the BEST Chicken Salad on a Croissant for lunch today and thought of you....I said to myself, I bet Sheryle would be able to eat something soft like this! How was the DVD.......what movie was it?

***VICKI, How the Graduation Celebration went well. Did the rain hold off until it was over? How many people were there? It seems like just yesterday that I was planning my DD's Graduation party and it's realy been 7 years! Boy time sure goes by fast.

***PATTI, So what all did you do today? Play with the girls? Cody wanted to spend the nite tonite and I told him, one nite next week, because I was so tired, in pain and had laundry to do. I would rather him stay when I can play with him and do something with him! You mentioned a Turkey Breast in the Crock-pot...I bet that would be really moist! I'll have to give it a try one day!

***JENNIFER, Good to see you stop in! We've missed ya! Getting ready for vacation...a few days away from work and stress of your everyday routine will do you all good! My kitchen is needing some up-dating too along with the carpet through-out! Just before we bought this house (7 yrs. ago) they son of the owners had new Breber carpet put down...but it's a cheaper quality and it's a light beige! Shows Grandchildren spills really bad! Good luck with all those meetings you're attending about your schools. Hopefully something positive will come from it! I got a little chuckle when you were discribing how fast Whyatt went to sleep after his exciting day at the Zoo! Aren't children Great?

Well girls, I guess I'd better get off here. I'm going to go to the recliner and elevate my foot! Have a good nites ret and I chat with you all in the morning! Love Ya....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening ladies...I thought I would pop in for a little while before going to bed. Well, I'm already in bed, but watching tv...Chicago is on and I'm lying here watching it. On my way to my sister's, I stopped by the cemetary to check and see if our flowers were still on the graves, and they were. Then when I got to my sisters, I asked if she was able to go for a ride in the car and she said yes, so she just put on her robe and we went into town and picked up some lunch for the two of us my my brother-in-law. We went to Burger King and I got a Whopper and onion rings, and was able to eat it...although had to be very careful and then made sure to rinse after. It was so good!!!! I got my laundry started and then my sister and I sat in the family room and watched two movies, Because I Said So, which was a little disappointing (glad I didn't buy it) and then An Affair to Remember, that one is always good (you can't beat the classics). Then my sister and I had some chicken noodle soup for dinner...my brother-in-law was at work by that time. My laundry was done by 7:30 and I rushed home so I could watch Chicago. My sister Dorothea and I are going to visit Jean tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully her sorry kids (I use that term loosely they are 48 and 44) will stop by sometime Monday and visit their mother. I better not even get started on that subject! Rolling Eyes

Vicki - how did the graduation party go? I'm anxious to hear all about it.

Patti - didn't you get to see Madison today? I hope you got your vaccuming done.

Jennifer - I'm so glad you and Wyatt had a great day at the zoo. I hope you have a good camping trip.

Debbie - you certainly had a busy day, no wonder your poor foot is bothering you. I hope the Advil helps. I made it through today without using my vicodin, I took a few ibuprofin after I ate lunch, but did take a vicodin about an hour ago. I saw several people on motorcyles today and thought of you and your DH and wondered if you be out on yours today. I love chicken salad so would have enjoyed a sandwich today...would have probably been better for me to eat that instead of the Whopper.

I'm starting to get a little sleepy, so will turn out the light and hopefully can stay awake to watch the rest of the move, but if not, I can watch it some other time. I hope you all sleep well.

Sheryle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: