BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday May 27 th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Sunday May 27 th Reply with quote

Good morning everyone.
It's going to be another hot day.Yesterday the high was 91 and today is suppose to be the same.
It was nice outside yesterday morning,the girls and I spent most of it outside.Came in just long enough to cook and eat.Then it was back outside til their bath time.They were going shopping when DD got home so they had to take their bath early.It can be kinda late when they get back.After they left I washed some clothes and took a nap.
I doubt I do much today,probably rest up for Monday.There is no school so you can guess where we'll be Laughing

Going to take my shower now and finish cooking Sunday dinner.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Hugs,
Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Pat and all who follow. I just finished breakfast...had to go to McDonald's since I didn't make it to Kroger yesterday. Had eggs, sausage, has browns and OJ...it wasn't the best, but it was filling. I'm going to my sister, Jean's, again this afternoon, and our sister Dorothea is going too. Not sure what we are going to do, probably just talk, eat (Dorothea is going to pick up a pizza on her way over) and maybe watch a movie. Our plan is to keep Jean from getting up and doing more than she should. Then I have definitely got to get some groceries today...nothing much left in the house worth eating.

Pat - I hope you get to enjoy a nice peaceful afternoon. Those girls sure love to be outside...I remember, as children, we loved it too. I just don't see many children playing outside around here anymore. I thought it was hot here, but it wasn't in the 90's so won't complain. I think by Wednesday we are supposed to be close but, hopefully, won't make it.

I need to get my shower and get my day started.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I'll try to check in this evening.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
I went to a bridal shower yesterday, nice, a bit boring, but I have nothing else to do except clean and food shop this weekend. My Dh is working so have nothing to do. He is off on tues when I go back to school. I hate this job of his!!!! We need to do so much outside, open the pool, put out the the patio sets etc.When he gets home he is too tired. the guy going to fix our deck backed out, so I have all this wood on my lawn and no one to do it.Just knew this was going to happen. Told my husband he wouldn't believe me. I had been to the guy's house and it was half done, missing moldings, framing etc, when someone doesn't even finish their own home, how do you except them to finish someone else's. He works with my Dh at Home Depot, so he will have to look him in the eye each day.
I have $3000 worth of wood just sitting here.
I guess I seem like I always complain, but there isn't much to say besides things like that. I am looking forward to going away in August that's good news.
Just BBQ this weekend,hamburgers and sausage, not much else, most of the girls will be out with friends, and Dh gets home late.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend
Linda
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning, just barely, to Pat, Sheryle, Linda, and all else who come by today. I just can't seem to get moving this morning. I have been feeling a little under the weather and am so tired the last couple of days. I have to keep plugging along though, this is our big picnic of the year on Monday. I tried to keep it simple this year, even bought plastic plates etc. Hubby frowned but hey less cleanup. I need to water my gardens but I am waiting until after hubby mows today, so I don't get the grass wet. Poor hubby worked right through the rain yesterday to help our son get his pool open. Madison thought we were going to go swimming right away. I had to explain to her that you have to put chemicals in and wait a couple of days before you can get in. They always have the water tested etc also. I just know that she is going to absolutely love the pool this year. We took her for a walk after dinner last evening and we looked for bunnies. We have done that with her since she was a tiny infant. Funny thing is, they live in a city and we saw 3 rabbits on their block, we live in the country and about all I see are lots and lots of squirrels. I guess with a garden I can be glad we don't have many rabbits!
*Pat, I think it is good that children like to play outside. I had a nephew that rarely went outside, he would rather play on the computer. My granddaughter loves being outside also. It is hard to get her inside.
*Sheryle, I hope you and your sisters have a nice day of visiting together. I was wondering if you got to the store last evening. I don't know that I would have the energy for that in the evening. I always go first thing in the morning. That wouldn't work so well for you though.
*Linda, that is such a shame about your deck. My son is having a similar experience. He had a friend at work tell him that he could have his basement fixed up in two weekends, that was last summer. He now had someone else come in and he said the stuff the first guy did was really shoddy and he couldn't let things go and sleep at night. So he had to undo what was already done. Seems like it is never going to get done. Does your husband have any brothers? My husband and his brothers put up our deck, it is fairly large, but they all worked together and had it done in two weekends. I hope you are able to get it done soon and can enjoy it this summer.
Gotta go get busy.
Patti
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Girls.......As far as I can tell it's 2:00 and I'm trying to figure out where the heck the day has gone. Dh and I have just been peddlling around the house most of the day doing laundry and playing with the ole dog, I fixed up both our meds for the week and had to call in ome refills. We haven't even eaten anything yet today. I told Dh when he got hungry let me know and I'd fix us a sandwich. Here's a cute litle story...i was in our bedroom making the bed, when I seen my Dad pull in the drivay. No mind you, this was a little after noon time and I was still in my nite-gown. When he rang the doorbell, I went and answered the dor like he had just woke me up. You should have seen the shocked look on his face. He said were you still in bed? I just had to laugh and I told him no, I was cleaning and just haven't had my shower yet! He was just on his way back home from church. We had a nice little visit and then he started to reminuse about Mom and started to cry. I know it's really hard for him and I feel so bad for him. He does keep busy though, he's retired but still works and he has lots of friends and I know that helps a little bit!
I finally did get my shower and decided to stop in and say hell to everyone. I'm not sure what we are going to do...DH said he was going to mow and he wants to go visit his parents, so I'd say he better get a move on! I have not a clue about dinnertonite. i still have about 1/2 pkg of ground chuck left from Friday nite's cook-out...so I might brown it up and have taco's or something fast!

***PAT, I'm glad you got a little "YOU" time yesterday and was able to take a nap and rest some. It's really hard for me to keep my grandsons in from playing outside, but I'm not much of a heat person. DD usually lays with them and I do too, but I have to come in from time to time! So what are you having for dinner tonite? You know there was a time, when I would never thought of serving something like Taco's for Sunday dinner. That was a day, I usually went all out for a meal! I still do sometimes, but most of the time we are out running somewhere and gone all day!

***SHERYLE, Hope you make it to the store today and get that chore behind you. Have you ever noticed that when you're about out of groceries, that's when you really are hungry? Hope you have a nice visit with your 2 sisters today. Is your mouth pretty much back to normal?

***LINDA, Are there contractors in your area that you can call, that might be interested in doing you deck over. That's a shamed that that lumber is setting there killing your lawn too. Hopefully everything will be taken care before long. That was a good idea Patti had about brothers to help your DH out? Hope you enjoy your BBQ today?

***PATTI, Hope you start to feel better today! Sometimes I'm tired like that...where it's an effort to put one foot in front of the other. Maddy is going to love the pool...doesshe know how to swim yet? I told DD she needed to get the boys to the Y and have them take swimming lessons! How sweet that you all took her on a walk and looked for baby bunnies. We live in the city and every year we have a nest of baby bunnies in our back yard! They are so cute...thank goodness, there's NO stray outside cats in the neighborhood! Momma Rabbits wouls love your garden!

Well, DH just came in from outide...now 2:30 and I said are you hungry yet..I'm starved! So I'm going to get off here and fix us a sandwich. I'll check back later. Everyone have a good day today! Hugs...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take a minute to help make BakeSpace better by answering nine questions about our service:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226JGXLXFT6

We need 100 members to take this survey by June 3rd. Thanks!
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Babette!

I just took the survey for you. Hope everyone else will, too! Have a great holiday!
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelo wrote:
Hi Babette!

I just took the survey for you. Hope everyone else will, too! Have a great holiday!

Thanks Kelo! Smile I really appreciate it.
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babette,
I took the survey.Hoping everyone else will.

Have a great day.

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: