BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday June 3rd. Good Morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Sunday June 3rd. Good Morning Reply with quote

Good morning friends.I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday and a great nights sleep!
It's raining.Not alot but better than nothing.Yesterday the temperature only got to 81 instead of 90.Today it's suppose to be in the low 70's.Then by Friday back to 90.
I'm up early,had to cook.Put my rice on so I thought I'd stop in here while it cooks.I cooked chicken last night then put it in the fridge.I'm making both chicken & rice and chicken & dumplings.My DD and son-in -law won't eat dumplings,so they get the rice.The girls have a pasta dish.So that leaves my Dad,DH and myself the dumplings.There should be plenty of leftovers.
DD and my son-in-law had to work 7 days again this week.They got off about 10 minutes ago and should be home shortly. Dh didn't have towork but they're saying that there will be more 7 days coming up Rolling Eyes They even want to take away our first two days of vacation. Crying or Very sad Hope that changes.
After church and dinner the girls and I will play.DD and SoIL will be taking a nap.

Sheryle, Keeping my fingers crossed that you find the money tomorrow.It would be awful if it was stolen.Working is hard enough without having to work with a thief.

Patti, Maybe our rain will come your way.Sure hope so.We want our grass back green. Laughing

Vicki, Glad the graduation went so well.I really like that there were big screens so everyone could see.

Debbie, Hope your yard sale was a success.

Got to get back to cooking.
I'll try to get back later if I can.

Hugs to all,
Pat
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Ladies
Well busy weekend, Friday I was honored for retiring from my Girl Scout position after 14 years. Big ceremony for me and the girls. Then a reception. We hadn't eaten so off to the diner at 9:30. Yesterday everyone was out so I cleaned, with no A/C, boy was I hot. then all of a sudden it cooled off here. Well DH got home about 9 ish so we went to eat Japanese at a new place in town. Had a 50% off coupon and it was great.
Then I went food shopping. I can only go if someone helps me. Weird in the stores at 11 at night. Half the store was dark. But of course I ran into people who knew me. By the time you unload and sit down it was almost 1:00. My DH has work today but will be home around 5pm. We are BBQ ing today. I have another ceremony to attend at noon for girls getting the highest awards in scouting. That should take about 4 hours.
I am going away on Thurs. to a convention about 4 hours away. so I was packing yesterday as well. Two nights of the convention are formal, one night is black tie the second is white dinner jackets for the men. So you need everyday clothes and formal clothes. I should be home on Sun. I am going by myself as my DH has to work. I am not cooking before I go, they will have to fend for themselves. I have meetings every night this week before I leave.
Well my deck is being put up as we speak. I hope it will be done by Mon. or Tues. It looks great. Found a handyman who did it pretty reasonable.

Well everyone hope to be on a little bit this week, otherwise if I am not everyone have a great week
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Pat, Linda, and all others who come by today. I am just being lazy this morning, taking my time reading the paper. Madison will be coming today and staying over night so I have to save some energy for her. We are planning on taking her to the zoo tomorrow but now they are saying a 60% chance of thunderstorms. I hope they are wrong.
*Pat, I love chicken and rice and chicken and dumplings, mmmmm. I sure hope the work schedules will not mess up your vacation plans. You are sweet to make sure everyone gets what they like to eat.
*Linda, I am so glad that you found someone to finish your deck for you. I can't imagine our house without one. You are going to be so busy. I am glad that you were able to tell us what all you will be doing.
*Debbie, hope that your yard sale is going really well for you. Looking forward to hearing about it.
Better go get myself presentable. Have a great day everyone!
Patti
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Friends!
We are blessed with thunder and lightning showers yesterday, and gentle rain today. Definitely not beneficial for those holding outdoor graduation parties, but truly needed.

Pat -
Sounds like you have a busy household today. And, this week you are getting a break from the heat, too.

Linda -
I have never eaten Japanese food (that I know of). Can you describe some of the foods you like the best? Great news about the deck!

Patti -
You must be getting the thunder/lightning storms we saw yesterday. We were under a thunderstorm warning for approximately an hour. Hope you don't have any severe weather.

My daughter, son-in-law, and children are on their way here now, so I'd better get off the computer and make sure everything is "child proof."

Hugs,
Vicki

Smile
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Vicki
I ate Shrimp tempura, which is a batter dipped shrimp with their panko crumbs. Very light, not greasy. Also they dipped vegetables. My DH had a pork chop coated with the crumbs and deeped fried. It was served with sauces. We love sushi, but decided not to have any last night
Linda
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

We have a popular Japanese restaurant within a few miles of our home. Thank you for the yummy description.... makes me eager to give it a try. We've tried many different cuisines. Can't wait to try Japanese!

Thanks again,
Vicki

Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING FRIENDS.....I almost didn't get a chance to make it on tonite...but here I am! First of all I want to say that our garage sale was a success! I prayed for "NO RAIN" and bless His heart...God seen to it that we had no rain and I thank Him for it too! As I was praying I told Him that I know we needed rain desperately, but to hold off on giving us some until AFTER the sale! So far No Rain here....I guess I should have said how long AFTER the sale!! LOL I will say right now....NO MORE GARAGE SALES!!!!!!!!! I was going to have one this fall, but with my foot the way it is.....it's too much work getting ready , setting up and re-packing up what junk you don't sale and doing something with it! My poor Dh had to work out of town all week, then I had him busy helping us with setting up and to make matters worse for him, he got called out to work yesterday morning and then after just minutes after we all got finished putting things away and was ready to talk about what we were going to eat...he got called out AGAIN!! Poor guy didn't make it home until mid-nite! Anyway, I'm glad that's all over with. Today DH got called out to work agagin and DD and the boys and I went to Shoney's for Breakfast, then to Sam's and then over to visit my DH's Parent.

**PAT, Your Chicken and Rice and your Chicken and Dumplings sound really good! Sounds like something my MOM would fix for Sunday Dinner!! I hope your DH's company he works for, decides they don't have to use him during your vacation. I know what that like...they use to do that to my DH....One summer we had re-schedule a summer vacation 3 times, before we actually got to leave town!

**LINDA, Sounds like the Retirment Ceremony went well! And all the other things you and DH did the next day. Boy I'm tired !! Hope your BBQ went well today! Hey, did your DD get the job she was seeking? I'm really glad to hear your deck is almost finished. Now YOU just need to find the time to ENJOY it!

**PATTI, Hope you had a good time shopping with your sister! Did you buy anything you just couldn't live without? Glad you get to play with Madison tonite. Friday niteas tired as I ws...I kept both the boys here. I think only because DD was going to be here at 6:30 to get ready to open the sale for our 2 nd day! But we had a good evening and I didn't have any trouble getting them to sleep as, the played outside from morning to evening and had a nce relaxing bath before bedtime!

***SHERYLE, How terrible that someone would stoop so low to steal from a co-worker! I pray that it turns up and youi don't have to replace it with your own funds! Maybe if it's the Drama Queen....she'll have something of value taken from her. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

**VICKI< How wonderful that Eric's Graduation was held in such a largechurch...with big screeen and Air and all! Good luck with the neck aching job of your kitchen ceilling! I always miss places, when I paint ceilings!

Well, I better go, it's 7:15 and I'm going to go warm up some Sloppy Joe meat for a quick dinner tonite! I'll chat with everyone in the morning! Take care and here's a ((HUG)) for ya! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie and All
No my DD didn't get the job. She has an interview tomorrow as well as her twin for a teaching job. Pray they both get jobs.They really need the money.
Talk soon
Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: