BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, June 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Saturday, June 9 Reply with quote

Good morning ladies...it's beautiful, wonderful, glorious Saturday! I hope your weather is as nice. I didn't sleep well last night, was awake until almost 3:00, but since I didn't have to get up at 5:00 this morning, it wasn't too bad. I don't know what is wrong with the news, but why must they insist on covering the likes of Paris Hilton...does anyone really care about her? Just when the Anna Nicole Smith news starts to die down we are hit yet once again with more worthless news about another, no talent celebrity...I can't stand to turn on my TV anymore. Rolling Eyes That's my rant for the day...I promise. Very Happy

Patti - you are too kind, but I'm sorry to say I think it is a touch of being lazy. I just get tired of working all the time, and want enjoy my time away from the office, so my house work doesn't always get done. When I was younger, not only did I work 40 hours a week, but always made sure my house was spotless; now if there is something I would rather do, the housework suffers. Of course, it could have a lot to do with the fact that I could work faster when I was younger so I had time for work and fun and now I'm so slow I have to make a choice, and guess which I choose. Very Happy The book I purchased was the Suzi Orman book. I saw her on PBS a few months ago, during their pledge drive and really liked what she had to say, so checked the book out of the library. I read it once and wanted to go through again, but had to get it back due to the fact that they had a huge list of people waiting for it. So decided to just buy it and then could refer to it whenever I wanted. I wish she had been around when I was in my 20's, I might be better off financially than I am now. I would love to see her in person! I hope you enjoy your weekend with little Madison!

Debbie - no the graduation ceremony was held in the university's basketball stadium so we didn't have to worry about the weather. It was a beautiful evening, it had cooled down and there was no humidity.

Kenna Lou - my thoughts and prayers continue for your dear mother. Thinking of you too and knowing what you are going through...no matter how old we get, when something happens to our parents it's frightening and, even though we have to be grown-ups, we still feel a little like children again.

I guess I had better get going...I still have to get showered and eat some breakfast. I've spent too much time on the computer already this morning..have been listening to some music that I downloaded last night - Natalie Cole/Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra. I am starving now so I am going to have to eat something before getting ready to head out for the day. I bought an extra coffee cake the other night and I think I'm going to have some of that and coffee. Then would like to go to the grocery and WalMart before going to the graduation party this afternoon.

Have a nice day and I'll try to get back later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning to Sheryle, Debbie, Kenna Lou, Pat and all my other BakeSpace friends. I got awakened this morning by the sounds of horses whinnying I guess there are a few draw backs to living this close to a rodeo. Oh well, Madison will love that they are here today.
Sounds like we need to find the magic potion for sleeping and then make sure we all get some! Sheryle!!! Don't make me come give you a talking to! With the hours you keep, all that you do, places you go, there is no way you could be considered lazy. I won't have someone talking like that about my friends! I hope you find lots of good things to do to enjoy your weekend. I have a few things to finish up before Madison gets here, and I still didn't eat anything and it is almost 10:00. Hope to be able to get back on today, but I am doubting that I will be able. I have been requested to bring Madison to visit several people tonight and I will probably fall into bed when I get home. Hugs to you all, enjoy a beautiful Saturday.
Patti
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Sheryle and Patti. Sheryle, it sounds like you are happy that it's the weekend. Laughing

My mom is continuing to progress! Thank you, Lord! When I was on the phone with her yesterday, she had to go because the therapist was there to walk her. When I talked to her again last night, she said that she made the walk down the hall to the elevator without the walker!!!! Yea! Can you tell I'm excited? My dad said it is probably about 100 steps. She was supposed to go to the rehab section, but since she didn't get to go the other day, someone else got her bed. They said they wouldn't have a bed probably until Tuesday. Then they said that she might even be able to bypass rehab altogether and go from her hospital room to home when the time comes. I know that this is a direct result of all the prayers.

I just want to take this time to thank all of you for being her for me during this time. Your concern and prayers have sustained me during my mother's illness. Thanks so much. Big hugs to all of you.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love, Kenna Lou
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO SHERLE, PATTI, KENNA LOU AND ALL BAKESPACE FRIENDS.....What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day! I haven't seen such a pretty day in a while. the sky is so blue it hurts your eyes and not a cloud in the sky, a very nice breeze, no humidity and low 80* temps. WOW! It was so nice this morning about 10:30, that DH and I sat out on the patio with the dog for a while.......hated to come in! Not a whole lot going on here today, we slept in until 9 this morning and have just been laying it by ear all day! DD invited us over for pizza tonite, so I guess I don't have to cook...yeah! Dh and I are working on the laundry and after I get off here, I'm going to go take a shower and be ready in case we want to go somewhere. I realy surprised Dh hasn't said something about a motorcycle ride! He probably wil before theday is over.

***SHERYLE, Yea, I'm getting tried of hearing about Paris Hilton too. Like you said who the heck cares! Somewhere I have to Suzie Orman books....if I can find them I'll send them to you! They are a couple of her older ones, but still has some good info. in them! I'll look for them Monday! I 'm like you are...I use to clean everyday and when i was working it would be every week-end...but know it's about once a week. With you living by yourself, your house probably doesn't get messy! Glad graduation was nice and it didn't rain! Enjoy the party tonite!

***PATTI,A "Magic Potion" for sleep would be so nice! Sounds like we all need it at one time or other! Madison will really enjoy those hores won't she? Does get to go pet them? Have fu with her today and enjoy your visiting with her tonite.

*** KENNA LOU, How wonderful your Mother is making good progress. And walking is so good for them. Builds thier strength and keeps them from getting pneumonia. Do you think she'll be ready to go home if they by-pass the re-hab? I guess in re-hab, they would be doing the same thing they are doing now...walking her and getting her up more. Is her appetiate good? I know how stressful it is to worry about your Mother, but I do believe she will be home and good as new soon! I will continue
to pray for her and all the family.

Well, I better get off here and fold some clothes and take a shower, the day is slipping away from me! hope you all have a beautiful day like I am and do something fun today! Don't forget to share that smile with a stanger! Take care and many hugs coming your way! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: