BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning Sunday June 10th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Good Morning Sunday June 10th Reply with quote

Good morning friends,
I know I didn't get on yesterday,but I tried.I wrote a nice long post and then I hit preview to check my mistakes and the whole thing disappeared.I didn't have time to start again so I told myself I'd do it later.Didn't get time to.I was busy with the girls,DD and SoIL had to work 7 days again,(they're coming in the door now).DD said that they will probably have to work that way for the next few weeks. Rolling Eyes That will make for a rough week as we're having bible school this week.DD is the pianist for the church and she's a craft teacher for the 6 & 7 year olds.I'm her craft helper.
It has been hot here for the past few days.Friday was 97 degrees and yesterday was 94 degrees.Today is suppose to only be in the upper 80's and then for the next several days in the low 80's.

Sheryle,I agree, to much Paris Hilton.I wish they'd put something inportant on tv.I seldom watch it anymore.It would be nice to turn it on and see someone doing something good for somebody instead of these ones that aren't doing anything but taking up time on the tv.

Patti, I bet you and Madison had a great time yesterday.

Kenna Lou, Glad your Mom is doing better.Hope she gets to go home soon.Will keep both of you in my prayers.

Debbie,I want your weather Laughing Mine is way to hot and humid.I didn't even want to go outside yesterday but the girls did.It didn't bother them at all.I sat outside some to watch them play,if it weren't for the shade trees I would have burned up. Laughing Hope you had fun at your DD's.

Got to stop for now ,time to take a shower and get ready for church.Will try to get back on later today if I can.

Hugs to all,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Pat and Everyone that stops in today.....Ooopps! I messed up...I hit submit instead of preview! Today is another gorgeous day just like yesterday and I'd be glad to share with you pat! I hate those 95* days, I'm getting to old for that. Isn't it funny though ...it doesn't seem to bother kids? Today is another one of those .do what you fel like days, with no real plans or at least not until this evening..then DD will bring both the boys over to spend the nite! My dad stopped by after church and he seems to be doing OK. He does however have something wrong with his hip, he's going to the doctor about that Tuesday. He invited us out to my one sisiter's house for pizza this afternoon and I told him we had plans..which we do...BUT here's how I see it and maybe I'm wrong , you all let me know OK? If my sister can't call us with an invitation herself, I'm not going when my dad invites us! Like I've mentioned before, there always;even when Mom was alive a split down the middle with the siblings and it's getting more pronounced now! It's not that we don't like each other, but we don't go out of our way to spend time together either. It sort of reminds me of school, with 2 different groups of friends! Oh well, maybe one day I'll have a cook-out and invite them! This afternoon, we'll probably go over to visit DD's parents. his dad isn't doing to well. He's been falling for some reason and they've run different tests on him and through all the testing found something on his back and that worries me. So Please put him on your prayer list that it's nothing serious! Pizza at our DD's was really good. Mom used to say, everything always taste better when someone else cooks it. We rode the motorcycle over and packed light weight jackets and boy am I glad we did...it was pretty chilly after the sun went down!

Well, I better get going, I'm fixing DD some lunch as we speak and I need to check on it. You ALL have a wonderful day! HUgs....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon Pat, Debbie and all who follow. It's another beautiful day today...two in a row! I don't have anything planned this afternoon. I had to get out early this morning and go to the laundromat and then picked up some lunch and came home. I just finished reading the paper and am watching QVC, a bad habit I know, but haven't spent any money....yet, there is still 1/2 of the show left. Laughing I need to get out in the kitchen and do a little straightening up and the at three, The Diary of Anne Frank is going to be on TCM so may watch that while paying bills and doing some other work on the computer.

I had a nice day at my sister's yesterday...I get a little annoyed at how her children do her, but if she lets them do it, it's nothing to me, so am deciding to let it go. It just bothers me that her children are old enough to give their mother a hand, especially since she just had surgery a few weeks ago,...they almost my age 45 and 48! My brother and sister-in-law had stayed with my sister and brother-in-law all week rather than make the 2 1/2 drive down here, two or three times, for the two graduations and party, so they helped her out some this week. Anyway, as I started to say before I got off on my rant, had a nice time...after we ate my sisters, sister-in-law and two of my nieces sat around and talked, every now and then, one of the guys would come in and join us, but not often. I don't get to see my brother and sister-in-law very often, so always enjoy it when they are around. I know I shouldn't say this, I do love my brother, but enjoy being around my sister-in-law more...I know, I'm bad. Iheaded home around 6:30, stopped by the grocery and then was home for the evening.

Pat - I missed seeing you yesterday. I've lost my post several times too and it's usually a long one and I'm not happy when it happens. I don't know how your daughter and son-in-law can work all those hours, I have a long week coming up this week and am already feeling sorry for myself, but I only work like this a couple times of year. Your family has to do it so often. They are so lucky to have you around to help them out with the girls. Looks like you have another busy week in store for you.

Debbie - sounds like you are having the same type of weather we are currently enjoying...wouldn't be nice to have this all summer? I know I would love it, although wouldn't mind a bit more rain. I'm like you, I wouldn't have felt comfortable going to my sister's if my father had invited me and not her. I know what you mean about the family splintering off after your mother's passing. The same has happened to mine, but I think it's normal. I've seen it happen with most of my aunts and uncles families too. There are five of us and my sisters and I see a lot of each other (of course we live closer), my eldest brother and his wife come down to visit as often as possible, but my other brother and his wife rarely come around, I think she prefers it that way. I'm anxious to see if they make it up when my nephew and his family come in from Seatle around the 4th of July. I was wondering whether you got to ride the motorcyle yesterday. I will certainly keep your dear father-in-law in my thoughts and prayers.

Patti - I hope you had a great day with Madison yesterday...did she get to see the horses? The children in my family would love to see them. Did she wear you and your DH out?

Kenna Lou - what wonderful news about your mother...looks like she's doing very well. I hope she can go home soon. Will continue to keep your mother and you in my prayers.

Vicki - where are you...have you been working on your kitchen all weekend? Are you to worn out and exhausted to visit your friends? Razz

I know Jennifer is on vacation but where is everyone else...Holly, Linda and we haven't seen KYKate in a while either.

I had better get out to the kitchen, if I want to have everything done before my movie comes on. I hope you all have a great afternoon.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Sheryle, you knew exactly what is happening here. I feel like I am living in a disaster area, with parts of my kitchen in the living room and a bedroom. We are going to line the cupboard for my pans with linoleum, so the wood and paint is not scratched. In between painting and priming, we've made trips to Home Depot, Lowes, and a few other places to get ideas. Hopefully the painting will be complete this week. Then, we'll move on to pulling up the green carpet and wall papering a couple walls we did not paint. We did take a break for Sunday, and we can be thankful for the progress made.

Life does not seem to be slowing down for any of you, either. I hope each of you have a pleasant week.

Sending smiles and hugs,
Vicki

Smile
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening to all.
I said I'd try to get back on and here I am. Laughing Only have a few minutes though,I got to get to bible school,it started about 30 minutes ago.My position as a craft helper doesn't start til about 8 o'clock.Living next door makes it easy not to be late.I wanted to be able to stop in here and tell my friends goodnight.

Debbie, I will be praying for your father-in-law.Hope everything with him turns out allright.
I agree that everything tastes better when someone else cooks it.We had pizza for dinner today ,DD picked it up yesterday on her way home from work.Just reheated it,made a salad,dinner done. Laughing

Sheryle,Glad you had a good time at your sisters' yesterday.Hope you had a good day today too.

Vicki, Sounds as if your getting alot done on your kitchen.I'm sure you'll be glad when it's over.We're thinking of redoing a half bath after vacation.I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

Well I better get ready and go to the church.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening and a good nights sleep.

Hugs,
Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: