BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~~ Good Morning - Thursday, July 12, 2007 ~~
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: ~~ Good Morning - Thursday, July 12, 2007 ~~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!
As Jennifer said, a cold front has come through, the humidity is gone.... at least for now. Windows are open. Woohoo! The warm weather has been great for our garden, though. We have an abundance of cucumbers. I hope all of you get a break from the hot weather soon.

I'm serving my son's favorite meals yesterday and today. Tomorrow morning, his wisdom teeth come out. Ouch! We did want it over before college starts in the fall, though.

Have a lovely day,
Vicki

Smile
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Eric -
How many games does your family average per week? Did I read correctly that Carter is on a couple teams at the same time? When is Claire's soccer season? Your family schedule reminds me of flying between boys/girls sports and marching band/symphonic band.

Jennifer -
Do you have any special plans for this weekend, now that we have a temporary break in the summer heat? Any more camping this summer?

Sheryle -
Has the cold front reached you, yet? I hope you did get rain. We are on the verge of drought conditions here in Michigan.

Pat -
How was your first meal on the new grill yesterday?

Linda -
Did your daughter hear anything about the job on Long Island?

Debbie -
Glad to see you are back online. You were missed. What a treat to visit Amish country!

Melissa -
When are you going on vacation? Wishing you great weather.

Patti -
What are your plans for today? Is your husband going back to work today?

Becca and Angie -
Glad to see you stop in. Hope we see both of you more frequently.

Hope to catch up with everyone later,
Vicki

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki and everyone.
We had more thunderstorms yesterday evening.Rained some I need to remind myself to get a rain gauge when I go to walmart.Kaitlyn's dental visit went well yesterday.She had an appoinment for 4 o'clock,we got there at 10 minutes til 4 and they took her right in.We were back home by 4:20.(We only live a mile and a half from town.)It was so hot that I decided to go grocery shopping after church last night.The storms had calmed down by then.Kaitlyn for a 6 1/2 year old is vey good at the dentist and doctors.She's never cried at either.Once at the doctors she had tears in her eyes after they pricked her finger but she never cried.Her sister is the same way.Their mother was the same way.I on the other hand (my mother once told me, as a child I was terrible at the doctor and dentist).I still hate to go but I do behave myself now Laughing

I hope all of you had a great day yesterday and got to do things you enjoy doing.

Vicki,
We had a slight cool front come through.It is suppose to drop our temps. from 95 all the way down to 90. Sad Iwill be glad to see temps. back into the upper 70's or low 80's.
Great idea to get your son's wisdom teeth out before college.My daughter had her's out when she was 17.She had a pretty easy time of it.I hope your son does too.
It rained out my grilling yesterday so I'm going to do it Friday or Saturday.

Wishing all of my friends a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Pat
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone!

Today is going to be an interesting one....I hope I don't get fired for opening my big yap haha I have a really hard time keeping things to myself when I feel strongly about them Razz

I'll be in a meeting with my shift for the first hour or two, which is no big deal because all we usually do is chat about our days off anyway Razz Then after that I have another meeting to go to, one with our union president to find out how to start the appeal process for us not getting a raise (the whole process of going about getting a raise was completely screwed up - our supervisor making changes to our submission - downgrading our job responsibilities and not advising us or having us sign off on it like we should have done, our union reps not returning our phone calls or emails when we're looking for guidance [2 of our 4 union reps are on the committee that decides who gets a raise and who doesn't...go figure], etc.) The whole thing has been a huge mess and an even bigger sore spot for the girls in my department, no one is happy, everyone wants out and today is our chance to voice our feelings....it could get ugly! Wish me luck haha

Anywho...other than that it will just be a normal day at work...I get off at 11pm, so I might drag my sister (we work together) over to our local watering hole for a drink or two before heading home, then it'll be bed time.

Sounds like fun huh? NOT! Razz

At least I have the possibility of winning that food processor hanging around to keep me in a bit of a better mood - cross your fingers for me Razz

Have a good one!!

EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki ,

Summer season is three games per week (mon/wed/fri, barring rainouts, which can be made up any day). Usually two practices a week. During spring season he plays in two different leagues but that ended in mid June, thank God, lol! His team plays a tough Oradell team tonight. We're 6-2 and they're 5-2.

Claire’s soccer season is from early Sept to late November. She loves it SO much and I love watching her! Yeah, the family schedule is crazy as they both take Karate also but, to quote a client we have here that has grown kids “Eric, those days of coaching/watching my kids activities was the best time of my life. Don’t take them lightly and cherish every moment”. I thoroughly believe that’s the truth.

Melissa,

Thanks for my neat new sig!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericmsdw2007 wrote:

Melissa,

Thanks for my neat new sig!!

No probs - glad you like it!

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS......What a nite! First of all I sat up until 1:00 in the morning looking for a new layout for Myspace. I HAD to put the one with the Dafodill on it the other day, because when we were in the Amish country....my sister seen some yellow day lillies and thought they were daffodills, she was so sure she even bet me 25 dollars!Anyway up trying to find a new one and when I did ...the myspace site was having problems and wouldn't let me save the info. and still won't this morning! Jim was up late too and both of us went to bed at a little after one and was just getting comfy, when the phone rings! Oh my...would would be calling this late? Usually if it's Jim's work they call his cell phone, but last nite called the house phone and he had to go out of town on an emergency job! Poor guy didn't get home until 6:15 this morning and the alarm is set to go off at 7! I told him he needs to lay down and get a few hours slepp...he said, that will eat into my Overtime...but he did anyway because he was soooo sleepy! I told him when we were 20, we could go without a days sleep, but we can't now! So I only slept off and on through the nite and was up early this morning then napped with Jim when he got home..so it was a weird nite! Our weather today is wonderful. After the past couple rains we've had...it has really cooled things down alot...in the 70's and low 80's! Not too much planned for today, still working on the laundry. I'll be glad when Jim can do the leg work again, because we ALWAYS get it done in 1/2 a day as my 2 or 3 days!...he says he can, but I don't want him lefting anything heavy (like wet clothes) with that wrist the way it is! Tiffany and the boys are coming over and we are going to the store..I'm out of a few things. I was going to make a few of the recipes I posted yesterday, but didn't have all the ingredients!

**MELISSA...this is the bear story!
On Melissa's post about her vacation in the Mountains...I mentioned to her that I had a BEAR story to share with her...so for all interested here it is:
Once upon a time there was a papa, mama,little girl and her cousin all going to the mountains in W.V. to do some week-end camping. Everything was great...they hiked and fished and ate and watched the stars, sat around the camp-fire roasting marshmallows. When dinner was over, the mama cleaned up the camp-site and even put things like the breads in the trunk of the car , so they wouldn't draw dampness! At mid-nite they all decided to go to bed, so they all crawled into the tent and covered up for a long nite's rest. When all of a sudden ...Mama hears banging around thier camp-site....pota and pans going everywhere, all kinds of noise! Mama says to papa..I think someone is ram-sacking our camp, so he un-sips the tent and says , look out at the picnic table! I do and low and behold about the time I do I see this black bear walking across it and jumps down the other side and finds what it was looking for.....our ice chest! I had forgot to put it in the trunk too! Boy did it have a field day...the bear threw the ice chest in the air and when it landed it popped open and he sat right in the middle of the food and ate about 50 dollars worth of groceries! Jim was going out to shoooo it away and I said ...what are you crazy. If he would attach you, there's not a hospital for miles around! So we laid there in our tent and watched him and I woke the kids up...I was a little scared and told the girls if the bear comes over to the tent to bury our heads, so he can't attach our faces! He even came over and sat next to a pine tree, which was right beside the tent and ate snack pack pudding. The bath-house light was shining right on him and you could see his reflection through the tent and see his big tongue when he licked the pudding. Something must have startled him, because he shimmied up that pine tree and was gone. When he left Jim says, now we have to go clean up his mess, because raccoons and skunks follow behind bears and eat whats left over. It's a funny story now, but at the time I was sure we were going to get attached by the cute Big bear! needless to say..no more camping for me...unless it was in something that had hard walls between us and nature! Sorry to bore you all with my bear story, but I hope Melissa got to read it!

***VICKI, Glad your garden got some good rains. I think the whole East coast states was on the verge of drought! Probably still are! What do you do with all those cucumbers? Do you make pickles? What kind of favorite meals did you fix your son? I need ideas for dinner. I WAS going to make a few of the recipes I posted yesterday, but still need to go to the store to get some things for them.

***PAT, Your granddaughters are brave not to cry when they go to the doctor....Cody doesn't either. Since I spent so much time in and out of the hospital when I was a child , I didn't mind going either and I still don't unless it's for my yearly!

Well everyone, I had beter go get a shower, Tiffany will be here in 30 minutes. Hello to those that come in after me. I hope everyone has a beautiful day! I'll be back after dinner. Take care and HUGS....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness wrote:

**MELISSA...this is the bear story!
On Melissa's post about her vacation in the Mountains...I mentioned to her that I had a BEAR story to share with her...so for all interested here it is:
Once upon a time there was a papa, mama,little girl and her cousin all going to the mountains in W.V. to do some week-end camping. Everything was great...they hiked and fished and ate and watched the stars, sat around the camp-fire roasting marshmallows. When dinner was over, the mama cleaned up the camp-site and even put things like the breads in the trunk of the car , so they wouldn't draw dampness! At mid-nite they all decided to go to bed, so they all crawled into the tent and covered up for a long nite's rest. When all of a sudden ...Mama hears banging around thier camp-site....pota and pans going everywhere, all kinds of noise! Mama says to papa..I think someone is ram-sacking our camp, so he un-sips the tent and says , look out at the picnic table! I do and low and behold about the time I do I see this black bear walking across it and jumps down the other side and finds what it was looking for.....our ice chest! I had forgot to put it in the trunk too! Boy did it have a field day...the bear threw the ice chest in the air and when it landed it popped open and he sat right in the middle of the food and ate about 50 dollars worth of groceries! Jim was going out to shoooo it away and I said ...what are you crazy. If he would attach you, there's not a hospital for miles around! So we laid there in our tent and watched him and I woke the kids up...I was a little scared and told the girls if the bear comes over to the tent to bury our heads, so he can't attach our faces! He even came over and sat next to a pine tree, which was right beside the tent and ate snack pack pudding. The bath-house light was shining right on him and you could see his reflection through the tent and see his big tongue when he licked the pudding. Something must have startled him, because he shimmied up that pine tree and was gone. When he left Jim says, now we have to go clean up his mess, because raccoons and skunks follow behind bears and eat whats left over. It's a funny story now, but at the time I was sure we were going to get attached by the cute Big bear! needless to say..no more camping for me...unless it was in something that had hard walls between us and nature! Sorry to bore you all with my bear story, but I hope Melissa got to read it!

Debbie I don't think I would have been able to stay as calm as you, I probably would have freaked out and ran....causing the bear to run after me LOL Talk about scary!! Thanks for sharing though!!

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ERIC and MELISSA...you all posted as I was typing. Good to see you both. Sorry you're having a problem at work Melissa. Sometimes a nice cold brew taste good after a stressful day! Your bear story is there...I hope you get to read it before you're off to work. Eric are you going to be busy at work today? When i work outside the home...i always would rather be busy, BUT sometimes it was nice to have a slow day and goof off some too! Gotta go get squecky clean! Have a good day! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie – what’s your myspace? Add me if you want – http://www.myspace.com/ericmsdw2000
Today work is semi busy. Tomorrow actually looks like it’s going to be somewhat quieter, we’ll see. Oh. Stay away from those bears missy!

Melissa – I second Debbie’s motion for the cold brew!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: