BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Friday the 13th, 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Happy Friday the 13th, 2007 Reply with quote

Good Morning all my Bakespace friends!!

I've been really busy at work this week. We have someone on vacation, so that just makes the rest of us busier. That's alright, makes the day go by faster.

Last night after work I decided to stop and do my grocery shopping on my way home. It's so much easier not having the boys, wanting this and that, push the cart....ect. When I got home my DH informed me that our neighbor down the road called and told him we could come down and pick raspberries. So after the groceries got unloaded we grabbed buckets and sand pails for the boys and picked raspberries. I figure I have enough for the requested pie from my DH and maybe a batch of jam. Yummy!!!! I also have pitted cherries to freeze that my parents picked up for me yesterday on their way home from my Mom's radiation treatment. I've got a lot going on today...it's all fruity!!!

Planned on going to visit my sister today with the new baby but they won't be home this morning. And with them living and hour and a half away, will just have to make it another day. I had told the boys we would be visiting them and they were all excited. Maybe I'll be going tomorrow.

Vicki--Yes we have more camping plans, in fact we go next weekend back up the the UP. Leave on Thursday after work and return on Sunday. Alot shorter trip, but it'll be fun. So nice to have the cooler weather isn't it?? Did you get the storm last night?? We got just a little rain, but boy did the wind ever pick up as we were just finishing our visit with our neighbors who have the raspberries.

One of my projects this weekend is to get the trailer back in order for our trip next weekend. I've taken a lot out, as I realized how much I over packed on our weeks vacation. We'll be alot lighter this time.

Well I better get going for now, get my 1st load of clothes on the line.

Have a great Friday!!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Jennifer and all others stopping by today.

Today is my cleaning day and my going to walmart day.I need to get that rain gauge,maybe I should try tying a string around my finger so I won't forget it. Laughing
I didn't get a chance to come back on yesterday.Spent alot of time outside with the girls.Kristin doing her running.She runs everyday around the front yard.She says it's to build up her stamina for p.e. at school.Our front yard is big so she has alot of running room. Kaitlyn on the other hand spent her time practicing with her water blaster.The cat didn't appreciate it.It got out of her way.We're having a hot dog and homemade ice cream cookout at church tomorrow evening.They're going to have a water fight that's why Katie was practicing.I imagine I'm going to get pretty wet. Rolling Eyes
We have about seven different kinds of ice cream not sure yet what kind I'll make.

Jennifer,
Raspberry pie--Delicious.Cherries are my all time favorite.What are you going to make with them?
How's your Mom doing with her treatments? Good I hope.

Melissa,
Glad your day yesterday went well.Great to get to voice your opinion,a raise would also be nice.My DH hasn't had one in 5 years.

Eric,
Your client was right about cherishing the moments with your kids.Time passes so quickly.Your telling about your kids reminds me of the time DH and I spent watching our DD Kathy play softball.That was many years ago,sometimes it seems like only yesterday.Great memories. Very Happy You sound like a great dad taking so much interest in your kids.I only wish more parents would do that with theirs.

Debbie,
Loved the bear story.Reading it I could just see that bear eating the snack pack pudding. Laughing ,but I'm glad I wasn't there to see it I would have been scared to death.
How is Jim's wrist doing?Good I hope.
Really glad to hear you and Tiffany didn't get in an accident.The way some people drive you don't know whether you want to leave home or not.
I have that same book by Dean Koontz but I haven't started reading it yet.Is it any good?

Kenna Lou,
Welcome back.You were missed.Glad your Mother is doing so well.That was so nice of you to d all that cleaning for your parents.I'm sure they appreciated it alot.

Patti,
How did your dinner go with your SIL?It's sad when people have to eat alone.

Linda,
Fantastic news about Brianne's job!Happy for her and you too.I know what it's like to worry about your children.You want the best for them.Glad your eye is feeling better.
Got to love a principal with that good a sense of humor. Laughing

Hope I didn't miss anyone.I'm still trying to get caught up after vacation.For some reason I don't seem to be getting that done this week.Maybe it's vacation lag.

Everyone have a great day.

Hugs to all,
Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Jennifer and all who follow. Not much going on here....I'm home sick. I felt awful all day yesterday, but managed to make it through my work day, but as soon as I got home, went straight to bed. I was online a little last night, just posted one recipe and read yesterdays thread. So right now I'm just lying here in bed and hope I start feeling better soon...I certainly don't want to be sick over the weekend.

We've had beautiful weather the last couple of days. It rained a lot Tuesday and after the rain moved on the temps dropped to the 80's and the humidity disappeard. It's a little dreary and rainy today, but the weekend is supposed to be fairly nice and then the high temps and humidity return.

I went to a Microsoft Office 2007 jumpstart class on Wednesday, so now that I am more familiar with it, plan to load it on my computer this weekend (maybe even this afternonn) and play around with it. We don't have it at work yet, but will soon, and it would be nice to know how to use it once we do.

Jennifer - it does make things a little difficult when everyone starts taking vacation, but I do enjoy it when certain people aren't at work. Smile Yum...those fresh raspberries sound delicous...I've never had raspberry pie before.

Debbie - loved your bear story. I sure wouldn't want to go camiping after that. Of course, my idea of camping is staying in a hotel/motel. I'm so glad no one was hurt in your accident....especially with TIffany being pregnant. Was there a lot of damage done to your car?

Kenna Lou - welcome back...I'm so happy to hear that your mother is doing so well and no permanent damage has been done. I know you were a comfort to both of your parents. I understand your wishing you and your parents lived closer, especially as they get older and need more assistance.

I guess I had better try to eat a little something so I can take some of my medicine...don't really feel like eating much at all. Maybe I'll make a pot of Ginger Peach tea and have some toast.

I hope you all have a wonderful and lucky Friday the 13th.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat - almost missed you. I hope you have a good day....I know you are always so busy. LOL, doesn't it just annoy you, when you get home from shopping and realize you've forgotten something? I hate to admit it, but I do that more and more as I get older and I don't like it. I hope you don't get used for Katie's target practice. Laughing

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie – I’ll add you this weekend. I forgot you can’t add people if they have it set to private. Hope you have a great day!

Melissa – thanks for the good luck wishes. They lost 6-2 and now we’re 6 wins, 3 losses. That puts us in 4th place out of 12 teams. Last game is in Paterson tonight, then playoffs.

Pat – Yup, you can’t beat watching your own do the things they love. My kids are 10 and 8 and I already see the time passing all too quickly…..

I won’t be able to make Carter’s game tonight because I’m going out to dinner with a couple friends from my former employer, Morgan Stanley. For those of you in the NYC area, we’re going to Del Frisco’s, in Rock Center. I haven’t been there yet but it’s supposedly about the top steakhouse in the city. If anyone’s been there, give me menu selections!

Oh, if anyone else here is on myspace and want to add me, shoot me your link!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD Morning, Friends!

Wow! Kenna Lou is back. Brianne has been offered TWO jobs. Jennifer and Melissa have vacation plans in the works. Debbie is posting - hopefully no more internet connection problems. Pat is replacing her rain gauge. Patti, did your sister-in-law visit last night? Eric, it is great that you can attend so many of Carter's games (even with an occasional miss). Sheryle, hope you feel better soon.

My husband just left with my son... wisdom teeth removal. Hopefully, it will be very uneventful. While they are gone, I hope to post a few of my recipes. My food processor is literally dying. I'll leave all the other appliances to everyone else.

Wishing you well,
Vicki

Smile
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric--Ditto on the time passing...mine are 4 & 5 1/2. I can't believe that they are that age already, seems like just yesterday............

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki – you never did tell us what you made for your son (his favorite two meals)

Jennifer – yeah. It already seems that it was ages ago that mine were those ages. Thanks for making me feel even older, JK!!!

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric -
My son wanted: 1) My version of Chicken Fried Rice, 2) Grilled steak (we use a small chuck roast, which stays more moist than steak), baked potatoes, raw carrots, and broccoli topped with cheese.

Just received a call. They could not numb him enough to get the wisdom teeth out. We'll have to reschedule at another location where they can give my son general anesthesia. Since he is saving for college in the fall, he hates missing work unnecessarily.

Vicki
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad about your son not going in today Vicki, sorry bout that!

When you say chuck, is it sliced like steak before you grill it? When i think chuck, it's usually in the form of a roast.

What makes your version of chicken fried rice "yours"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: