BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday July 14 th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Saturday July 14 th Reply with quote

Good morning friends.
Hope everyone is ready for the weekend.I sure am.Don't know why though.My weekends are pretty much like the week is.
DD and SoIL are working 7 days again this weekend.They are saying at their work that this might be the last time they will have to work on Sundays.Hopefully that will be true.After getting home from work this evening DD and SoIL will have to get some sleep and go back to work at 10 p.m.They won't get to go to the church cookout.DH has to work tonight but not tomorrow,so I guess it will just be me and the girls.Becca will be there with her kids.
I went to walmart yesterday evening and I "almost" walked out without my rain gauge.Katie and I were going to look at the toys and we passed by the outdoor thermometers, that for some reason reminded me of the rain gauge so I got one.(they only had one).Kristin was with her Mom looking at the clothes and pocketbooks.That girl has fell in love with pocketbooks.She saves her money all year to take on vacation.So on vacation she only bought 2 pair of flip flops and a pocketbook.I bought her one.She had money left over so yesterday before we went to walmart she wanted to go to our drug store in town .They have some pocketbooks in there that some local person made.She bought 4.I told her that I think she has enough to last a long long time. Laughing Now it's shirts and jeans and she's not even a teenager yet. Rolling Eyes
Ihope everyone had a wonderful Friday evening!

Better get my day started,I have several things to do today.Everyone

Hugs,
Pat
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Good Morning, Pat and all to follow!

As I mentioned yesterday, I may be here next week OR not depending on what happens in court - JURY DUTY. I know I must be there on Monday. Today, I'll be catching up on everything - miscellaneous laundry, baking, cleaning, etc....

Pat - Woohoo! You have your rain gauge!

-- Didn't get the food processor. So, I'll refrain from adding recipes until it comes up again. Wishing each of you the best. Hope to see your names on many prizes.

Have a great weekend,
Vicki
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Pat, Vicki and all who follow. Didn't do much yesterday, but I did get Microsoft Office 2007 installed and played around with it a bit. I don't have any plans for today, I still have a little ickiness left over from yesterday so don't want to get too far away from home. Maybe I'll get out later today. I do have to work on my checking account, just got my banks statement so have that to do sometime this weekend. I've also just started a new book - The Jane Austin Book Club, by Karen Joy Fowler, I've just read the first chapter so am not too interested in it yet.

Pat - I'm glad you found your rain gage. Kristin sounds like me when I was young. Whenever Mom and I went to Woolworth, Woolco or any place that sold purses, I was always looking for one to buy. I came by it naturally because Mom was the same way. I still like purses, but just have a hard time finding something I like. That's too bad that you and the girls are going to the church cookout with the rest of the family. What flavor of ice cream are you making? I hope you have a good time.

Vicki -sorry to see that you didn't win the food processor. Yuck, jury duty. Have you ever served before? The one time I was supposed to go, I wasn't picked (woohoo) and then the next day the case was settled out of court. Hope I continue to be that lucky. I hope you can get your work caught up, just in case.

Guess I'll stop for now and head over to the TOH BB. Have a great day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Meikha
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Good morning Good morning all,
Its a lovely cool morning here but so pleasant from all the extreme heat we had last week.
Good Luck on the Jury duty Vicki,
The last summons I had was 4 years ago and it came just a few days before I was to go in to hospital for a knee replacement.
I wrote a letter to Judge with a note from Dr . I got a very nice letter back excusing me. Now I am old enough that I am excused from duty. Hmmm I guess you could call that oneof the perks of getting older LOL
Hope all have a great day and stay well...Sandy
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy - I'm so glad you've joined our little group. The weather here in SW Ohio has been like yours. The heat and humidty have moved on and the days have been very pleasant and the mornings a bit cool, but I like it that way.

LOL about perks of aging. I'm at that awkward age, not quite old enough to enjoy the perks. I went to dinner with my sisters, who are both older than me, and they qualify for the discounts and I don't. I'm just a little envious of them. Oh well, a few more years and I can start ordering off the senior menu too. Laughing

Have a great day!

Sheryle

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ladies,
Welcome Sandy,great to have you here.

Vicki,
It probably be like Debbie said,now that I have the rain gauge it won't rain. Laughing
I hope you are able to get out of jury duty.I've been three times got out of two of them.One settled and they didn't want me for the other one.I guess they didn't like my answers to their questions.That's been years ago I hope I don't get called again before I get old enough to not have to serve.If there is an age requirement,not sure about that in N.C.
Sorry you didn't get he food processor,hopefully the next time.

Sheryle,
Glad you're feeling better.With all I have to do today(that I've put off to come on here) I might let someone else use my freezer.I don't really feel like making ice cream today.
Here in some places you can get senior discounts if you are 55 or over,other places you have to be 60 or older.I fit in the middle so far the only discount I've been able to get was at Hancock Fabrics on a certain day of the month.

Sandy,
I think I must have missed where you are from.I live in centeral N.C.Our weather is HOT and humid.Today is a little cooler it's only going to be 90 today Rolling Eyes

Got to go for now .

Hugs,
Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat - Well, right now the only discount I've been able to take advantage of is 50 plus checking account at my bank. I think most of the restaurants are 55 and over, so I have five more years to go until I qualify. Then we have something called a Golden Buckeye card (I think you have to be 60 for this) that can be used to get senior discounts at many business throughout the state.

I understand spending too much time here and not getting things done...I'm so guilty of that. Now I've gone and done something stupid and am spending even more time on the internet and emailing than before. I'm too embarrassed to tell you all what I've done just yet, but will more than likely get up the nerve to confess eventually. Laughing

One of my sister's called a little while ago and wants me to go to the mall with her and probably out to eat. So I should start getting ready.

Sheryle

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryle,
Confession is good for the soul.So they say. Laughing

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO FRIENDS......I got up at 6:30 with one of those nasty headaches.so I took one of those Excedrin Migrain tablets and feel back to sleep until 8:10 and have been fussing around the house all morning. I think I either need new glasses OR I need new Blood Pressure meds.: I shouldn't be having these horrible headaches this often! It's very pretty here today, nice breeze, no humidity and no rain in the forecast...temps in the mid 80"s! My kind of day! I fix Jim and I some MUSH for breakfast...it was really good. I love the stuff, but what a mess with the grease splatter. I told Jim, I remember when Mom use to make Mush for all 9 of us kids, only she would make up her own cornmeal mush and put in bread pans to chill over nite and then slice it and fry it....I bet it took her all morning to do that for so many children! I had enough chicken breast left from shredding it, that i'm going to fix Chicken Quesdadias (sp?) for lunch! Then I told Jim, I'm NOT cooking anything else until some of these leftovers are eaten up. There's Bake Steak, (which I have a feeling Kujo will get) Spaghetti, Chicken casserole nd Chicken salad and several kinds of Deli meat for sandwiches and tonite we are going to Tiffanys for a cook-out! So I might not have to cook for several days! I made some Pasta Salad to take to Tiffany's. She's been having a craving for some and didn't have everything to make it...so I'm surprising her with a bowl for dinner tonite! You know these pregent women and thir cravings.....although she hasn't really been craving much with this pregency. With Cody it was Crushed Ice, the kind you get when you order an icey, but no flavoring added, just the ice and with Blake it was Krispy Kreme Donuts! I don't think I'll do to much today. Jim is on-call, so we can't go too far from the area and He hasn't mentioned again about Motorcycle riding, because I don't think his wrist is healed enough to hold the bike up for me to get my fat behind on it! I might get a chance to read some in my book I started.

**PAT, That last rain gauge was meant to be yours! I'm sure your DH and your DSIL wil be glad when working 7 days a week is over...they sure are missing out on alot of things, by working all the time...like the church cook-out for one! You'll still ahv funwith thegirls and Becca and her kids! So what kind of ice cream did you decide to make? Kristen is about the age Tiffany as when she became interested in Fashion and the way she looked....look out next it will be BOYS!!!

**VICKI, Sorry you didn't win the Food Processor! Better luck next time. There still enough time for you and Melissa to win one. I'll keep my fingers crosed for Both of you to win. I'm trying for the crock-pot! I need to see when it's up for give-a-way again and summit somemore recipes..so I can win that!If you Do have Jury Duty, I hope you'll have a few days tht you'll have time to stop in for a quick hello...we'll miss you if you don't!

**SHERYLE, Sorry you're still feeling a little punky! You now working on those Bank stmts. won't make you feel any beter. maybe when you get out with your sister, you'll fel beter. OK .....you're among Friends...so fess up...what have you been up too? I could draw my own conclusion if you'd like.......here it is....You've got an internet romance going on!!! Am I right or wrong? You had better cough up the info or you'll bethe talk of gossip among your friends. You know I'm just kidding you don't you? But we woud like to know what you've been up to!

***SANDY, Glad you came back again, before long we will crown you one of the regulars! So what state are you from? Do you have any Grandchildren? What are your interests? What clolor are your eyes? Ok I was just being funny on the last question! Anyway I'm glad you stopped in again!

***Hello to Kenna Lou, Linda, Eric, Jennifer, Patti, Babette, Kathy and Melissa and I hope I didn't forget anyone!

I guessI had beter go get a shower, it's after 1 o'clock and I'm still in my Nitegown! I hope you all have a wonderful day and do something fun today! I'll stop back in sometime this evening! Take care and HUGS...Debbie Very Happy

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.. friendly reminder that today's prize is a 7-speed hand mixer with dough hook and whisk attachments...fun!

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: