BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday July 14 th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

Not a whole lot to say today - I'm grumpy, so it's probably better I don't say much anyway haha

Babs, where's your glitter name? You need to bling up that signature!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Melissa

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok…I’ll confess, even though this whole thing still makes me a little uncomfortable. Debbie – LOL, you’re pretty close.

No romance yet and there may never be, but I did join a site last Saturday and have had several responses…most of which I wasn’t interested in. Men who don’t take the time to read my profile, but send me theirs or a smile are definitely out , I read the profiles because I want to know whether we each have things about us that click or not, and people who don’t post their pictures, makes me wonder about them. Then the guys who send me a smile that says, “You’re Hot” are just a little freaky…come on I’m fat and 50, I’m not hot. Laughing Today I did respond to three with whom I was willing to correspond…we’ll see what happens. Of the three, two of them don’t fit in my age or distance range, but they are at least, single, divorced or widowed, non-smokers, and tall (my height or taller), that’s a big hang up with me. One is 60, a few years older than I was interested in, but can live with that, the other is 42, don’t think I can go that young. The closest to me, he is in my age range and single, non-smoker, lives in Indianapolis and the other two in Mississippi and Florida…the last two would be a little hard to date, but the other would be close, but not too close. Anyway, we’ll see what happens…if I meet someone interesting ok, if not, I’m fine with that too because I do like being single and on my own, which could be my problem. I just wonder if I have the patience to let someone else into my life…that could be the biggest hurdle.

Time to go dry my hair and go to my sister’s.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babette - that is a nice hand mixer, I have one only mine didn't come with the extra attachments.

Melissa - come on, you still have a chance to win that food processor...don't be grumpy. Laughing

Sheryle

lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiebakr wrote:
Ok…I’ll confess, even though this whole thing still makes me a little uncomfortable. Debbie – LOL, you’re pretty close.

No romance yet and there may never be, but I did join a site last Saturday and have had several responses…most of which I wasn’t interested in. Men who don’t take the time to read my profile, but send me theirs or a smile are definitely out , I read the profiles because I want to know whether we each have things about us that click or not, and people who don’t post their pictures, makes me wonder about them. Then the guys who send me a smile that says, “You’re Hot” are just a little freaky…come on I’m fat and 50, I’m not hot. Laughing Today I did respond to three with whom I was willing to correspond…we’ll see what happens. Of the three, two of them don’t fit in my age or distance range, but they are at least, single, divorced or widowed, non-smokers, and tall (my height or taller), that’s a big hang up with me. One is 60, a few years older than I was interested in, but can live with that, the other is 42, don’t think I can go that young. The closest to me, he is in my age range and single, non-smoker, lives in Indianapolis and the other two in Mississippi and Florida…the last two would be a little hard to date, but the other would be close, but not too close. Anyway, we’ll see what happens…if I meet someone interesting ok, if not, I’m fine with that too because I do like being single and on my own, which could be my problem. I just wonder if I have the patience to let someone else into my life…that could be the biggest hurdle.

Time to go dry my hair and go to my sister’s.

Sheryle

Don't be embarrassed!! I met DH on a dating site, and my aunt has met the love of her life on one as well! I think it's a great way to "meet" new people, and get a feel for them before you REALLY meet them! And really, you don't need to jump into anything serious - it would just be nice to meet someone to go out with once in a while, right? That's what my aunt did...she met a few people and went out regularly with them, but not romantically, just people to go out for a drink or dancing with to get her out of the house (she had just gotten out of a 30 and some odd year marriage and was really lonely)...one of those guys just ended up being "the one".

Good luck & Have fun with it!!

lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiebakr wrote:

Melissa - come on, you still have a chance to win that food processor...don't be grumpy. Laughing

Not with that Vicki woman hanging around Wink haha JK There are 2 left - one for me and one for her Smile

Seriously though, I've had a nagging headache since last night (damn weather!) and it's driving me mental! I'm also stuck at work - no fun!!

Meikha
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie,
I live in SE Mich. very clsod to state line of Ohio. In fact only about maybe 3 or 4 mile from Toledo Ohio. We have lived here for about 42 years. We came here from Indiana via Chicago area for about 4 1/2 years . I still consider myself a Hoosier. I have two grandsons. the oldest will be 15 in about two weeks and and youngest is 12.
Have question. (I had first joined about a year ago) Anyway I got an invite to join a friend here and to go to my kitchen, Where is that? Can't find my notes from last year. Slept a few times since then. Have differnt server since then and lost all my stuff so just finally got back on bake space .. Wish there was a spell check here. Please excuse my errors.. Sandy
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all! I haven't had much time to post the past couple of days. My youngest daughter leaves for youth camp Monday morning. We have been shopping for clothes and such for that the past couple of days. This will be the first time that she has been to camp without me. I think she is a little apprehensive. I'm just worried that she won't get back with all of her clothes! LOL!

Sheryle - woooo hoooo. You go girl! I hope you find someone really nice. You never know!

I am feeling so lost here on Bakespace now. So many new people have joined while I was gone and I am having a hard time keeping up. Plus, I am just going through some things in my life and haven't felt like posting. I have really been feeling down these past few days. And no, it is not any kind of family or marital problems.

Are the new people that are on here from TOH, too? I don't recognize any of the names. Maybe that's why I feel lost! Anyway, I hope all the new people will love it here just as much as we all do.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON FRIENDS....Jim and I are getting ready to leave for Tiffany's cook-out, but I did want to reply to some of the comments made since I've been off -line for a few hours!

**SHERYLE, I had a feeling that was what you were talking about. I gues that's the way people meet ech other in this new generation of dating. I wish you much luck and hope you find someone to relate to, BUT Please be CAREFUL!! Maybe I'm still alittle old fashion and skeptical of who people say they are on the inter-net, especially when it comes to dating. I would only meet a person of interest to you in a public place, preferrable with a friend to accompany you and don't let them lnow where you live right away! I'm sure as smart as you are..you've probably already thought this out, but you're my friend and I want you to be safe! Now on the lighter side of inter-net dating and meets....my brother hook up with a woman from the Ucrane(sp?) and they had distance issues and lanuage issues and feel in-love, she came over here , they got married , she got preganet and now they live in Florida. She was a surgical nurse in her country and went to school here to learn to speak English and took some classes so she be a nurse in the US and gratuated top of her class...working in a hospital and making very good money! So it all work out for the best. Of course the family all thought she was just coming over here to marry him so she could live in the states...we were wrong! Hpe things ork out for you...keep us updated!

***SANDY, You ask about getting an invitation to a friends kitchen. As you already know this shows up as a message. you go and reply with an accept. This will atomatically put YOU in her kitchen and HER in yours. Now on the home page of Bakespace at the TOP of the page you'll see catagories listed like ...RECIPES MEMBERS COMMUNITY MY STUFF ...under the catagory MY STUFF put your coursor there and it will drop down al that has to do with you...your kitchen, your recipes etc. This info is also listed on the left hand side of the homepage! I hope I explaned it correctly...if I didn't and someone else can...please feel free to help Sandy.

***KENNA LOU, I feel so bad that you feel out of sorts! I wish I could say or do something that would help you feel better and enjoy life! f you ever need to talk, you can always message me here or myspace! maybeit would help to talk to a friend...I have big shoulders you know! take care and for starters here's a HUG for youy! (((Kenna Lou)))

WellIhate to run, but I'll be alte for dinner if I don't et going! TTYAL and Take care!! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening everyone. I got back from shopping and having dinner with my sisters around eight and now am getting ready for bed and thought I would check in one more time. I had a nice time, but didn't buy anything, with the exception of a pretzel and lemonaide from Auntie Anns, which was a good thing since I've over done it these past two months.

Melissa - I have a niece who met her husband on the internet too. I'm not too concerned whether I meet anyone or not, but wouldn't mind having someone to go out with once in a while. I guess I'm more interested in friendship than a big romance. I hope you get rid of your headache soon...I know how difficult it can be to have to work while you have one.

Debbie - I'm being very careful...even opened an email account just for this purpose and am planning on getting to know them, as much as i can, before even agreeing to meet them. I'm definitely going to take things slow and careful. I will meet them in a public place and not even in the town where I live. I even have a plan with my sisters, that if I should meet someone, that I will let them know when and where we are meeting and before gong home I would drop by one of their homes, just in case he's a wack job and tries to follow me home. You know that I've just been at loose ends since my dear mother passed away, she was such a large part of my life, and all I do now is work and come home most of the time and thought seeing someone would just break up this same old same old rut that I've gotten into. Thanks for your concern, but I will be careful.

Sandy - if it's been a year since you've been here, no wonder you are having a difficult time getting around...the site has changed so much since then. I'm glad Debbie could help you.

(((Kenna Lou))) - I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling low. It isn't any wonder, you've been through a lot the last few weeks and it's probably a lot of the problem. It's is so hard to see our parents age and start having health problems...it's the hardest thing I've ever been through. If you need someone to talk to post here, or email me, if you don't feel comfortable doing it here, you do have my email don't you? My prayers are with you my friend.

It's bedtime...will talk to you later.

Sheryle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: